Molicare Super Plus Plastic backed will be back in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcw

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Was in picking up some Molicare super plus on Friday and was commenting how the new air plus was not working for me. I was told that the plastic backed will be back in Australia early next year due to lots of unhappy customers with the change to cloth. This was from Vic Health in Dandenong.

I find this interesting. Abena, even tough they killed off plastic backing long ago, never stopped selling the M4, now Tena and Molicare apparently go back to plastic as well, because sales dropped/customers aren't happy. Coincidentally the brands most used by ABDLs... I hope these changes aren't limited to regional markets. If only Attends would come around as well :chin:

Hooray!! Please keep us informed when they come back in stock. The Air Plus was terrible; fit me horribly. I was rationing out my last 2 bags of the Super Plus, now I don't have to!

Astatine said:
I find this interesting. Abena, even tough they killed off plastic backing long ago, never stopped selling the M4, now Tena and Molicare apparently go back to plastic as well, because sales dropped/customers aren't happy. Coincidentally the brands most used by ABDLs... I hope these changes aren't limited to regional markets. If only Attends would come around as well :chin:

I would be staggered if there were enough ABDLs in the world to make big manufacturers change their decisions.

One possibility does occur to me.... While the vast majority of adult nappies are most likely bought or paid for by insurers or healthcare organisations, who are incentivised to procure the cheapest product that will do the job, it's entirely possible that premium brands like Abena or Tena can attribute a much greater proportion of their sales directly to end users - who have made their opinions known.

Akastus said:
One possibility does occur to me.... While the vast majority of adult nappies are most likely bought or paid for by insurers or healthcare organisations, who are incentivised to procure the cheapest product that will do the job, it's entirely possible that premium brands like Abena or Tena can attribute a much greater proportion of their sales directly to end users - who have made their opinions known.

Exactly what I thought after posting. But on the other hand, the number of end users who buy directly, I guess, is going to be lot lower than the number of people who get their stuff via health care providers or the like, which could mean, that even a small amount of ABDLs suddenly becomes significant. But I don't know.

pcw said:
I was told that the plastic backed will be back in Australia early next year due to lots of unhappy customers with the change to cloth. This was from Vic Health in Dandenong.

Yay! "hey lets cheapen our product to make more money! yeah. great idea! market research all said the customers will hate the change, but I bet they still keep buying them!" (time passes) "oh crap, look at the drop in sales, not only do they hate it, but they've stopped buying it too! Who'd have guessed?! Maybe we should have listened to marketing?! undo, undo!"

aaaand that's a free market functioning properly.

It's good to see they got such a huge backlash, that couldn't have happened without a large chunk of the IC community agreeing that the clothlike were crap. I was worried there wouldn't have been enough backlash to make them backpedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back