KierooTheCub

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I'm so excited, cause this is my first time witnessing an aircraft carrier in my country. USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT is now in Singapore :D anyone here from the Navy???

I used to be in the Navy and actually served on the Theodore Roosevelt. It is a huge ship and you will really love seeing it. It always amazed me how such a huge ship could stay afloat, but it does!

YES!!! Thats so cool! Very very amazing :D I am not able to go on-board but being able to see it from a far is already lucky :D

What always amazed me was how fast those thing are. One night on watch, I tracked on come over the horizon, pass about two or so miles behind us, then vanish over the opposite horizon. Whole thing happened so fast . . . .

Yup, spent 5 years serving on a carrier. It definitely was amazing at times.

Maxx said:
That's one big-ass boat. Have a nephew that served on one, not the Roosevelt, though.
Yeah!!! And the F18 on it looked amazing as well. Too bad I couldn't take any photos due to security issues. But That's really neat :D
What was his rank then? I'm under training to be a Sergeant :p

- - - Updated - - -

Traemo said:
What always amazed me was how fast those thing are. One night on watch, I tracked on come over the horizon, pass about two or so miles behind us, then vanish over the opposite horizon. Whole thing happened so fast . . . .
Must be that awesome nuke generator that produces lots of powrr for the engine :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Skeeter said:
Yup, spent 5 years serving on a carrier. It definitely was amazing at times.

Nice!! How did you cope with yourself onboard it. Like dealing with the ab/dl side of you when you're out sailing.

getintooit said:
I used to be in the Navy and actually served on the Theodore Roosevelt. It is a huge ship and you will really love seeing it. It always amazed me how such a huge ship could stay afloat, but it does!

One of my Cousins, Lt. Cmdr. RKW served on the USS Theodore Roosevelt. He flew as the EWO on one of the Teddy Roosevelt's E-2 AWACs planes.

Anyway, he is a Captain now,

I remember when it was being built as it was built at the Newport News shipyard in Virginia. It's in the Nimitz class and is of modular construction, and I think it's awesome.

So he would have been some flavor of Petty Officer, probably. Although, it's USN so I suppose he could have been an SN/CT*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back