Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft carrier

Default Aircraft carrier

I'm so excited, cause this is my first time witnessing an aircraft carrier in my country. USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT is now in Singapore anyone here from the Navy???

I used to be in the Navy and actually served on the Theodore Roosevelt. It is a huge ship and you will really love seeing it. It always amazed me how such a huge ship could stay afloat, but it does!

YES!!! Thats so cool! Very very amazing I am not able to go on-board but being able to see it from a far is already lucky

That's one big-ass boat. Have a nephew that served on one, not the Roosevelt, though.

What always amazed me was how fast those thing are. One night on watch, I tracked on come over the horizon, pass about two or so miles behind us, then vanish over the opposite horizon. Whole thing happened so fast . . . .

Yup, spent 5 years serving on a carrier. It definitely was amazing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    That's one big-ass boat. Have a nephew that served on one, not the Roosevelt, though.
    Yeah!!! And the F18 on it looked amazing as well. Too bad I couldn't take any photos due to security issues. But That's really neat
    What was his rank then? I'm under training to be a Sergeant :p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Traemo View Post
    What always amazed me was how fast those thing are. One night on watch, I tracked on come over the horizon, pass about two or so miles behind us, then vanish over the opposite horizon. Whole thing happened so fast . . . .
    Must be that awesome nuke generator that produces lots of powrr for the engine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Yup, spent 5 years serving on a carrier. It definitely was amazing at times.
    Nice!! How did you cope with yourself onboard it. Like dealing with the ab/dl side of you when you're out sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by getintooit View Post
    I used to be in the Navy and actually served on the Theodore Roosevelt. It is a huge ship and you will really love seeing it. It always amazed me how such a huge ship could stay afloat, but it does!
    One of my Cousins, Lt. Cmdr. RKW served on the USS Theodore Roosevelt. He flew as the EWO on one of the Teddy Roosevelt's E-2 AWACs planes.

Anyway, he is a Captain now,

I remember when it was being built as it was built at the Newport News shipyard in Virginia. It's in the Nimitz class and is of modular construction, and I think it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkBearCub View Post
    Yeah!!! And the F18 on it looked amazing as well. Too bad I couldn't take any photos due to security issues. But That's really neat
    What was his rank then? I'm under training to be a Sergeant :p
    Don't recall, but it was non-commissioned of some flavor. Our navy doesn't have sergeants... unless you count Marines as navy.

He was involved in electronic intelligence. For obvious reasons, he was never very specific about what he did.
    Last edited by Maxx; 27-Oct-2015 at 14:29.