Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long ABDL Question for the "Pros" of ADISC

Default Long ABDL Question for the "Pros" of ADISC

I'm sure that many of you already know the answer to my next questions, but as a young ABDL that is just recently embracing diaper life, I have a long awaited question.

In my experience online I've noticed the only females wearing diapers are usually paid models. I was wondering if the urge to wear a diaper was gender exclusive or if theoretically just as many females wear diapers as male?

Secondly my girlfriend recently found out about my lifestyle choice (and thankfully accepted it) she wears diapers with me quite often but has expressed she has no real desire to wear them when shes not with me. I was wondering if this diaper attraction can be developed or if you can only be born with it?

Thanks in advance,
    your friend Walak

As far as I'm aware, in most cases, some sort of event in childhood may of triggered the urge to wear diapers; or at least provided some sort of reasoning for a person to develop this later on in life.
    This is not the case in all people,
    but I can for sure tell that you can't force some one to like to wear them.

Yeah, many of us subscribe to the psychology of "imprinting" where associated experiences from when we were very young, during the developmental stage, somehow associated diapers with some sort of infantile gratification, possibly sexual. One either experiences that or they don't. When may have repressed feelings and they might come to the surface if as an adult, were introduced to the concept of wearing diapers and/or regression. One might develop some sort of new association. Who knows?

There are a number of girls/women on this site who choose to wear diapers, regress and find sexual gratification from wearing diapers and associations to babyish things. I think in looking at membership numbers, we came up with a 75/25 male to female ratio, if that helps.

I would second what MickeyM said. You can't make someone like broccoli and you certainly can't make someone like diapers. Either you're into it, or you're not. Don't force the issue. Be content with a partner who's accepting of your leisure activity.

How long have you been together?

There's the occasional story of people who got into diapers via an ab/dl friend, but in most cases the desire seems to stem from childhood. Everyone's a little different though. I, for example, didn't really start to actively desire to wear until a couple years ago, despite harboring a fetish for certain diapers from a young age.

While there are female ab/dl's, myself included, there's really no good evidence as to why it seems to be more of a guy thing. I'm going to throw in my own opinion though and say females choosing to wear diapers is probably more common than some of us think, taking into account those who identify as ''littles'' and wear, often in a BDSM, daddy dom/little girl setup.

There are some girls that have grown to like diapers kat in denver is one she is a little but the man that was her daddy want her to be younger then the six year old little she was .
    She was on 15 stone babys YouTube has that show on it.
    There are others also but seem's more guys into it then girls.
    But there are some but as we dont know how many guy's are into pampers .
    We can't be shure how many gal's wear also.
    The thing is for some of us we respect our partners wishes and do not push them into what they do not like when it comes to diapers.
    It's great when they play but we respect them and there feeling's some of us try to give back what they give to us it's a lot to ask of them.
    All the best to you both.

The "why" isn't answered. It is factually true that some women are ABDL but that, at least online and in statistical studies, the population of ABDLs is overwhelmingly male. There are many possible speculations, ranging from general "men are more comfortable on the Internet" type theories, to suggestions that the interest in diapers comes from the fact that men have their sexual organs on the outside.

Fetishes can be developed, btw, just in general. It's almost strictly Pavlovian. If something that has no sexual arousal is consistently associated with sex, people will develop a fetish. But fetishes developed that way aren't especially lasting and I also don't think it's a good thing to intentionally train someone to have a fetish.

I'm agreeing with the others mostly...however, there are many things that I've developed a taste for that probably aren't hard wired into me, so I guess it's possible to begin to gain pleasure from wearing diapers. Having said that though, the compulsion to this is something quite different. I used to smoke and even enjoy it but thankfully that's a thing of the past....my point is I developed a taste for it and at times had cravings for it, but since giving it away I have no desire for it..(I'm pretty. sure I wasn't born with a compulsion for it). So the same is possible with diapers I guess...
    oh and yeah there's plenty of girls out there, you can't take commercial images as a legitimate reflection of ABDLs...some do look super cute though, huh

Quote Originally Posted by Walak View Post
    I was wondering if the urge to wear a diaper was gender exclusive or if theoretically just as many females wear diapers as male??
    Polls done here and elsewhere suggest a male-to-female ratio of about 9:1. So the answer to your question is no and no; it is neither male-specific, nor evenly split among the genders. There are some who like to suggest--without any evidence--that the ratio is 1:1, and that males are simply more inclined to discuss it. As tempting as it may be for a straight male DL to believe that, I think the polls are mostly correct. The reality may not be as stark as 9:1, but I think it's reasonable to state confidently that ABDL has a strong male tilt to it.

The reasons for this are not really known. One theory (of many) is that males, having prominent external genitalia, are more prone to genital stimulation during diaper changes, and may therefore grow to associate pleasant feelings with diaper changes more often than females do. That might be true for some, but as with all theories, it probably doesn't explain every male's diaper fetish, nor even perhaps many. There's a whole world of complex psychological theories--"love map", "imprinting"--that attempt to describe how sexual inclinations are established early in ones childhood. I haven't seen any of these address the male-to-female ratio, however.

So... It may be frustrating, but there's no obvious answer. ABDL and diaper fetishes are not among the more well-researched things. Many of us, myself included, like to ponder the origins of our attractions to diapers, and will occasionally put out our own theories for these. Some will claim that things like child abuse created their ABDL tendencies. Obviously, traumatic experiences like these are serious, and so I generally avoid argument, but it's only natural to point to unusual experiences as justification for one's unusual behaviors. Whether that has any accuracy or not is debatable. I'll admit to usually dismissing these self-diagnoses. Our brains are complicated, and having one doesn't mean that you understand how it works.

I was wondering if this diaper attraction can be developed or if you can only be born with it?
    Well, I guess I would answer by saying this: I don't think any of us are born with it; there's no "diaper fetish gene". I believe it is always developed--100% of the time. But by "developed", I'm talking mainly about early childhood stuff. Most DLs here will tell you that their earliest memories include an interest in diapers. Mine certainly do.

But there are always exceptions. Occasionally, somebody will mention becoming attracted to diapers in their later youth or teens. Is that actually what has happened, or have they simply lost an inhibition or gained an opportunity to indulge a longstanding desire? Hard to say. Maybe one of those people will jump in.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 24-Oct-2015 at 06:09.

I was wondering if the urge to wear a diaper was gender exclusive or if theoretically just as many females wear diapers as male?
    Over the years, I've definitely noticed more female ABDLs. I don't have any official data that can confirm the ratios, but I've definitely noticed that it's higher than some people believe. It's still far from a 50/50 split with it definitely seeming tipped towards the male side, but female ABDLs aren't some rare magical unicorn that are an endangered species (at least from my experience). As for why ABDL forums tend to be male-dominated, I feel like a lot of the people on the forums definitely contribute to that. This isn't a problem on ADISC at all, but on other ABDL sites, I have seen pariahs come out to female ABDLs and say misogynistic stuff that can basically be summed up as "Be my mommy, change my diaper, and make me a sandwich". I'm unsure of the actual numbers and I'm sure that there's plenty of other factors that go into the ratio of the genders, but I'm guessing that those people (they exist all over the internet, but they're not immune from the ABDL community) keep the numbers lower on forums than they might otherwise be, even if ABDL is naturally tipped towards males.

Secondly my girlfriend recently found out about my lifestyle choice (and thankfully accepted it) she wears diapers with me quite often but has expressed she has no real desire to wear them when shes not with me. I was wondering if this diaper attraction can be developed or if you can only be born with it?
    I've heard the occasional story of someone developing ABDL tendencies or a diaper fetish later on in life, and there are those who aren't ABDLs, but will incorporate diapers into BDSM play and dabble in Age Play from time to time. But for most people, ABDL is something that has been hard-wired into us at an early age and can't be undone or created later in life. I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to get your girlfriend to develop a diaper fetish. It won't work and I'd be happy that she'll wear with you.

Hope that's helpful.