Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
As an autistic person I am very much naturally a "Little", even though I am an adult. All my life I have had very juvenile and babyish interests, like mutely sitting on the floor with a blankie spread-out on the living room floor and simply playing with LEGO blocks, G. I. Joe, Erector Set, and toy cars and trucks.

In reality, I never stopped mutely playing with my toys, except when my late Mom ruthlessly made be destroy my toys and throw them away back in 1985. Anyway, I had to spend money to purchase toys to continue to be "little".

Anyway, before bedtime @ ~ 1:30 AM I am mutely playing with some of my toys and being "Little".

caitianx said:
As an autistic person I am very much naturally a "Little".

I wonder how many diagnosed autistic adults might take just a little umbrage at this notion? It just seems a tad presumptuous. Sure, a lot of folks with autism tend to stay at an earlier developmental stage. But not all.

As for me, while never having been diagnosed with ASD, I feel that I am on the high-end of the spectrum. And I am 38 1/2 years old, going on five. :) But I don't think one can say that it's "natural" for someone on the spectrum to be little.

Illinoise said:
I wonder how many diagnosed autistic adults might take just a little umbrage at this notion? It just seems a tad presumptuous. Sure, a lot of folks with autism tend to stay at an earlier developmental stage. But not all.

As for me, while never having been diagnosed with ASD, I feel that I am on the high-end of the spectrum. And I am 38 1/2 years old, going on five. :) But I don't think one can say that it's "natural" for someone on the spectrum to be little.

It would be interesting if there was some verifiable data out there. It may be that it's simply far more likely that most ABs enjoy playing with toys, and that some ABs are on the autistic scale.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 20. At the time, I was socially, probably 12. I've been very smart at other intellectual stuff /science/math/computers etc forever, but that is not always everything. Also at the time I was mostly DL, I didn't really act or want to act young at all.
I've managed to take my social age to be more closer to my real age, but I still have issues with non verbal cues, emotion recognition, knowing what to say when, etc classic aspergers stuff. I don't really feel that my increase to wanting to feel more "Little" a direct result of Aspergers, but more as a sort of release of the increase stress of trying to be more social.

I think purple should be my signature color. Who likes the idea? Also, I'm not shouting with my size 3 font. Having the font bigger helps me see, and pay better attention to what I'm doing.

Anyway, I think my friend may have meant that it might not be unnatural for a spectrum person to be a Little. A lot of Auties, Aspies included, have sensory issues, but one can be spectrumtacular without sensory issues, so when a spectrum person does have sensory issues, no biggie. I find it interesting that, "Attatchment to, or preoccupation with unusual objects," and "insistance on sameness," are in the DSM 5 diagnostic criteria for ASD. I wonder if that's why some of us are notoriously difficult to toilet train. I also wonder if all spectrumtacular people who were notoriously difficult to train, were aware of ABDL, how many would find it awesome, and if fetishism in general is more common in us. ABDL may not be natural for every spectrumtacular person, but I'm not surprised when it is for some. I hope my point isn't unclear. If it is, tell me.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say sorry to hear about how you had to destroy your toys. :sad: I am not autistic but I still play with my toys. :) I still have some of my G. I. Joe toys. But I know I still have all of my legos from over the years and still buy new legos set today. :biggrin:

lYes.

Not all autistics are permanently little.

We do live in the adult world, even myself.

One can never be little all the time.

But there are those of us on the Autism Spectrum who still remain rather child-like in adulthood.

I am still quite child-like at my age of 57.

Same here, even when I was a late teenager, I still acted alot like a early grade schooler.

Sadly my mom was always trying to make me grow up too fast, but she never made me get rid of toys or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back