Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Martian

Default The Martian

Just wondering if anyone has seen this movie. I saw it last night and thought it was fantastic. A great science fiction concept combined with realistic science, and Matt Damon gave a great performance. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Starrunner's verdict: 9/ 10.

I saw it on its opening week with some friends. We were a bit desperate for a good movie to see and didn't have huge expectations. I was very impressed. I love Ridley Scott when he's firing on all cylinders and he was in this. Damon was excellent and the movie didn't feel nearly as long as its runtime. I wonder how effective it will be as a NASA recruitment film?

I am planning on seeing this in a couple days, I thought the trailer looked great and I'm really excited to watch. Glad you both gave it a positive review.

I saw it the first weekend and I though it was great. Definitely go see it!

Misatoismywaifu

Mark Watney, Space Pirate.

I went to go see it but It was sold out and it was 20 minutes to the showing =(
    Need to find a new theater that does not do reserved seating.
    Who the hell reserves a seat at a movie....
    I mean going to the movies is going to the movies, it's a spur of the moment thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicFidelity View Post
    Mark Watney, Space Pirate.
    "I'm going to science the shit out of this planet,"

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    I went to go see it but It was sold out and it was 20 minutes to the showing =(
    Need to find a new theater that does not do reserved seating.
    Who the hell reserves a seat at a movie....
    I mean going to the movies is going to the movies, it's a spur of the moment thing.
    Sorry it didn't happen. What a disappointment. Hope you get to see it soon.

I saw it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I really hope to see more space movies like this in the future.

There were a lot of space movies in the 1950s I guess because it was the very beginning of the government space program. Most of them were silly and poorly done, though some weren't bad like "Return to Planet X" if I remember correctly. I haven't seen "The Martian" yet but it's gotten great reviews.

Reading the book almost done may see the movie soon. And hulls @dogboy long time no see