Thread: ~Female centered question

Default ~Female centered question

This is a somewhat female centered question, but I was wondering what the majority of diaper wearers do during the "time" of the month. Do you still use tampons etc. while wearing a diaper, or do you let the diaper do it's job and protect from both wetting and menstruation?

In actuality, it really seems like even more of a reason to go padded, less to worry about

For me it is not much different from what I do any other time. I do not use tampons. The only thing I do differently is to be sure I am not wearing cloth. No worries since I am padded full time anyway.

In general, I guess I sometimes avoid wearing during my period, as I don't want to compromise the diaper's absorbency for pee by bleeding in it. Although if it's not too heavy of a flow I might still go for it, like when I went to the fair last month, I wanted to wear an Always Discreet and my shortalls, and I was on my period. I thought about wearing a tampon too (I primarily use pads; tampons for me are mostly for swimming), but I think I thought my flow was a little light for that and just went with the diaper alone. (Although I didn't wet it until I got home; I've yet to wet in public.)

And I probably wouldn't wear my makeshift homemade trainers during my period unless it was very light.

Aren't pads just pretty much diapers without waistbands already? So why not go for the latter anyway... ;)

Instead of wearing a tampon for a too long amount of time, or on the other side the possible leaks from too small pads... it's an advantage... kind of?

I guess it depends solely on your personal preference. Personally, as much as I like them sometimes from the point of having a bit of comfort(actually a big amount) and protection - I seem to hate it as much otherwise. Usually the worst part is that my sense of smell seems to be extraordinary sensitive. Hence anything a diaper has to offer in this regard doesn't appeal very much, and so I stick to tampons half of the time.

Honestly, if my family wouldn't look at me like I had a chicken on my head, I'd switch. I use bladder pads for when, "Aunt Flow," visits, because they work better than period pads, but since the pain of cramps makes my IC worse, I can hopefully switch to pull-ups or an Abri Wing when I move out.