Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Weird...

  1. #1

    Default Weird...

    D'ya think I'm okay...? I mean, mentally... Ever since my mom found out about my little secret, I've been having the weirdest dreams imaginable, and I've been sleeping for mass amounts of time (I usually sleep about 2-3 hours a night, but now it's gone to about 11-12)... For example, today, I went to bed at 4:00 am-ish, and woke up at 3:00 p.m., and only because somebody woke me up... I've had, as I also said, the weirdest dreams I can really imagine... Strange, unusual dreams...

    Like last night, I dreamt that for some reason I had found out that my mom had breast cancer, and she was younger and not as fat as she is now, in my dream. I felt... Bad. I started to cry, told her I've tried to get her to quit smoking before, but she just went on doing it, and now to take a look at what's happened... She told me it wasn't for sure, but I told her of course it is, because somehow I knew it was...

    I also, in the same dream, dreamt I was in school, and that some kid in my Architecture class (And, weird enough, none of the kids in this dream architecture class actually exist (like, they weren't the kids that are really in my class)... I don't know any of them in real life, and can't identify any of them even remotely) wanted me dead, because they thought I was a drug dealer trying to compete with them (No lie. In real life I totally despise drugs and would never even think about going near them.). I went over to confront her about why she thought I was a drug dealer, and she said she had, "sources" that told her, and a few other kids commented that "everybody knows that I am".

    In this same dream, I also dreamt that the total stoner kid of my school (weird enough. he was an actual kid from my school, but I haven't talked to him in about 3 years, and never really see him, even in the halls...) had somehow (I didn't ACTUALLy remember being asked, but I did know it happened) asked me to go on a trip to Canada with him. I got picked up by him, and the car was extremely weird, too... Like, gutted, I suppose. We started driving somewhere, and it gave me a weird, unusual feeling, like we were going to some outlandish, strange, unusual place...

    I then ended up at my friend's house who had a few other friends over (Again, these are none of my friends in real life, but in my dream it didn't seem odd, like they had always been my friends). We were playing around with airsoft rifles, and I remember shooting myself in the leg with an (airsoft) pistol. It felt, real, I guess. An interesting note, it had started raining when I was there, and for some reason I took note of that, like it was unusual...

    Then, in a later part of the dream, I remember *getting a bit into M-rated topics here*, for some reason, moving my porn stash. The weirdest thing is, it was like, boxes of porn (I think, 1.5 boxes, about 1' x 1' x 1' boxes), as opposed to like, a hard drive... Physical things, instead of being digital. For some reason, I didn't even know what it was, untill I looked into one of the boxes... I was, for some reason, putting it into the trunk of a car.

    Lastly, I remember having a laptop with me in Architecture (my laptop), and then taking it, and walking out of the room, as some video was playing on the TV in the classroom (which was definitely different from my actual classroom, in my dream)... Nobody seemed to notice. I don't know where I was going, or if there even was a destination...

    This is just one of the extremely weird dreams I've had. I've had plenty others, every single night, ever since I was caught... And, since then I've been unable to sleep untill later times at night (4-ish as opposed to the usual 2-ish), and sleeping a lot longer.

    Can anyone make sense out of this? Can you tell me what you think is wrong? Maybe, help me understand the dream I had described, why it is how it is? It's all very confusing, and I don't go back to my counselor for about a month...
    Last edited by adaffme149; 18-Feb-2009 at 02:09.

  2. #2

    Default

    well, a teen is suposed to get around 8 hours of sleep, which is a lot more than your average 2-3 hours. Maby your body wants you to get the sleep it needs to function properly. Even if you feal fine with that small amount of sleep, you just need more.

    From my own experiances, weird dreams come from angxiety. I don't know about other people, but when I'm stressed my dreams are messed up. Maby you have leftover angxiety from your mom finding out or something else that's going on.

    That's my best guess on the matter, and my best advise is to just get a normal amount of sleep from now on.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    well, a teen is suposed to get around 8 hours of sleep, which is a lot more than your average 2-3 hours. Maby your body wants you to get the sleep it needs to function properly. Even if you feal fine with that small amount of sleep, you just need more.

    ...

    That's my best guess on the matter, and my best advise is to just get a normal amount of sleep from now on.
    The thing is, though, I've lived (successfully, too) off of 2-3 hours of sleep a night for the past 3-ish years, if not more. Why now? It just doesn't make sense, to me.

  4. #4
    Mesmerale

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149 View Post
    The thing is, though, I've lived (successfully, too) off of 2-3 hours of sleep a night for the past 3-ish years, if not more. Why now? It just doesn't make sense, to me.
    I went my entire middle school life (Three years) living on 4 to 5 hours of sleep.

    My internal alarm clock was perfect too. (Jumped out of bed at 6:30 every morning, a few minutes before my actual alarm clock.)

    A few months later, everything started going downhill. I got tired, and started sleeping THROUGH my alarm clock.

    The body can go a long time on little sleep, but it catches up.

    (Still have about 3 solid months of sleep debt to make up.)

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149 View Post
    The thing is, though, I've lived (successfully, too) off of 2-3 hours of sleep a night for the past 3-ish years, if not more. Why now? It just doesn't make sense, to me.
    The angxiety I was talking about earlier can do a lot to a person, phisically and mentally. If you do have angxiety from you mom finding out, it could throw your body out of wack and make it crave the sleep it needs.

  6. #6

    Default

    any ideas on what the dream actually means, though? Kinda like an "interpretation"? It's all kinda scary to me... =/

  7. #7

    Default

    Well, I'm younger than you are but I think it is normal for teenagers to have odd dreams such as these. I once had a really graphic, otherworldly dream in which I died and saw Hell.

  8. #8

    Default

    Scientifically speaking dreams can be alternate outcomes of events that occured in real life. Or you could say 'dreaming in a parallel world'. Or it could be that if you've done nothing during a day that could be a subject to be 'dreamt about'. Such as right now all I've done during the day is revise for my prelims, and have been having the strangest dreams imaginable - some are like a 'nice' strange, some are just downright strange. Or if I've spent a whole day doing one particular thing eg. arsing about on power boats all day, all I dream about is the same or if I spend a whole day playing COD 4 all I pretty much dream about is shooting people and being in the military. And when this happens I can't fall asleep until 3-4am (but lie in my bed and am on some wild 'brain tangent' imagining all manner of stuff) and only sleep for about 4-5 hours, this I think could be an attribute to your case. But also I have dreams which reflect my personality eg. an event whch could happen at some point in my life, and I kid you not some actually become true and when that happens it feels like the weirdest thing ever, I can't explain how it feels but if it has happened to you you will know how it feels. Anyway hope this helps and gives you an insight.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149
    Like last night, I dreamt that for some reason I had found out that my mom had breast cancer, and she was younger and not as fat as she is now, in my dream. I felt... Bad. I started to cry, told her I've tried to get her to quit smoking before, but she just went on doing it, and now to take a look at what's happened... She told me it wasn't for sure, but I told her of course it is, because somehow I knew it was...
    This could mean that you're afraid of losing her. Maybe her rejection because of her learning your secret.



    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149
    I also, in the same dream, dreamt I was in school, and that some kid in my Architecture class (And, weird enough, none of the kids in this dream architecture class actually exist (like, they weren't the kids that are really in my class)... I don't know any of them in real life, and can't identify any of them even remotely) wanted me dead, because they thought I was a drug dealer trying to compete with them (No lie. In real life I totally despise drugs and would never even think about going near them.). I went over to confront her about why she thought I was a drug dealer, and she said she had, "sources" that told her, and a few other kids commented that "everybody knows that I am".
    You might be relating your secret to something that's taboo, i.e. drug dealing. "Everyone knows that you are", them ridiculing you, might mean that you fear this outcome. That people learn of your secret and you get judged for it.



    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149
    In this same dream, I also dreamt that the total stoner kid of my school (weird enough. he was an actual kid from my school, but I haven't talked to him in about 3 years, and never really see him, even in the halls...) had somehow (I didn't ACTUALLy remember being asked, but I did know it happened) asked me to go on a trip to Canada with him. I got picked up by him, and the car was extremely weird, too... Like, gutted, I suppose. We started driving somewhere, and it gave me a weird, unusual feeling, like we were going to some outlandish, strange, unusual place...
    Maybe you took something familiar from your past, the stoner kid (this could be wrong depending on if you knew him well or not), and combined it with the wish to run away from your fears.



    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149
    I then ended up at my friend's house who had a few other friends over (Again, these are none of my friends in real life, but in my dream it didn't seem odd, like they had always been my friends). We were playing around with airsoft rifles, and I remember shooting myself in the leg with an (airsoft) pistol. It felt, real, I guess. An interesting note, it had started raining when I was there, and for some reason I took note of that, like it was unusual...
    Something in your environment changing (the rain). As for the airsoft rifle, I don't know what to make of that. I've had dreams with pain that felt real to me. Don't know about that part.




    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149
    Then, in a later part of the dream, I remember *getting a bit into M-rated topics here*, for some reason, moving my porn stash. The weirdest thing is, it was like, boxes of porn (I think, 1.5 boxes, about 1' x 1' x 1' boxes), as opposed to like, a hard drive... Physical things, instead of being digital. For some reason, I didn't even know what it was, untill I looked into one of the boxes... I was, for some reason, putting it into the trunk of a car.
    Manifesting your secrets into reality, and hiding/running away with them. I guess that's left up to your interpretation, it's just how I see it.



    Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149
    Lastly, I remember having a laptop with me in Architecture (my laptop), and then taking it, and walking out of the room, as some video was playing on the TV in the classroom (which was definitely different from my actual classroom, in my dream)... Nobody seemed to notice. I don't know where I was going, or if there even was a destination...
    Walking away from something familiar and possibly comforting. Breaking away from the expected behavior (sitting down and watching the video instead of walking out), taking your secrets with you (I would imagine that'd mean ADISC, your porn, et cetera).

    ----

    All of this is left open to your own interpretation. Dream interpreting isn't a science and it's far from exact. It's just how I saw it.
    Hope it helped.
    ^^;

  10. #10

    Default

    (Squished quote of Akira)



    Yeah, that all does sound pretty right, and pretty interesting... Thanks for the help with that. =) If anybody has any other ideas/interpretations, they're still welcome.

Similar Threads

  1. Weird Song...
    By Dream in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-Oct-2008, 01:20
  2. This might be weird, but how do you...
    By Bryce in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-Sep-2008, 11:23
  3. It's weird.
    By Aki in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-Apr-2008, 05:29
  4. Boo Weird new name for TBDL
    By Mr Alex in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-Jan-2008, 07:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.