Status
Not open for further replies.

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So yesterday a friend and I were hanging out when we drove past a Toys R Us. Obviously, we had no choice but to go in and shop around for and hour and a half. I have to say, it was honestly one of the most fun things I've done in a long time, and I was surprised that a LOT of the toys look legitimately fun to play with, even at this age. It's insane how ridiculously awesome toys have gotten over the last 8 years. We did get quite a few stares but I was having too much fun to care. One little girl pointed us out and said "Look Daddy! There are big boys here too!"

At the end of it all, I walked out with a big, fluffy, stuffed penguin from the preschool section (His name's Pinky :3) and a mini table-top drum kit.

So I was wondering, have any of you patronized Toys R Us or any other toy stores recently? What'd you get? What are your favorite toys you've gotten as an adult?

Recently? No.

But I have visited Toys R Us and Babies R Us as well as several smaller area toy stores.

You are correct. Many of the toys are very interesting. My only concern (and this is a personal concern for me) is many toys seem to be expensive and I have a feeling that I would lose interest in them quickly.

I have brought some toys over the years and this is what has happened to me.

for me it been years since I have had a chance to go to Toys R Us, next time I have a chance I will go too one.

I've been a couple of times recently, though I have several much younger cousins, so I have an excuse. Actually, I bought myself a Lego Technics digger kit about a year ago. That brought back a lot of memories. I've always wanted to get a Nerf gun, but without someone to exchange fire with, there's not much point.

problem with Toys R Us and such is toys these days are way overpriced even for 'adult' wallets. ESPECIALLY plushies, my god Toys R Us is highway robbery for those in any decent sizes.... I dunno, I'm not really super big on toys when I don't have anyone to play with I guess. otherwise maybe I would be.

Last edited:
PrincessSara said:
problem with Toys R Us and such is toys these days are way overpriced even for 'adult' wallets. ESPECIALLY plushies, my god Toys R Us is highway robbery for those in any decent sizes.... I dunno, I'm really super big on toys when I don't have anyone to play with I guess. otherwise maybe I would be.
Yeeah... it's a good thing this penguin is crazy soft cause he was $20. That really bugs me considering it probably only cost like $2 to make.

It has been a few years since I have been to one. I have to stay away from there because I will spend to much money. I go crazy at toy stores.

I like to go to Toys r Us and look at the my little pony, monster high, ever after high, and other toys too. Last toy I got from there was one of my monster high dolls.

I love browsing through Toys R Us occasionally as some guys like browsing through Home Depot or Lowe's.

Ive been in one last year. I can say that they didnt have a lot of my preferred type of toy. Disney / mickey mouse and friends type of stuff. Most was boring, for a 5 year old.
As far as the other toys there, I didnt see much of any thing that I would find cool. Though That time I went in, I was looking for a specific toy, I didnt really stop to examine much of any thing but I did have to roam around for a while trying to find what I was after; so that's why I say Toys R us isnt what it used to be. I've heard muggles say this too.

They have a nice selection of diapers.

I recently started working there again, so I don't need to buy their toys to play with them regularly. :D

My wife and I have bought a lot of toys for our grandchildren at Toys R Us, but my wife bought me two different plushies from them, a dog and a teddy bear.

MichaelWeston said:
I have 10 garage bag sized sealed bags of my plushies from when I was a child up until I was 12 or so I collected them fiercely. I should get them out some-time.

We saved our kids plushies, and just recently, our daughter came to our house and collected them. I'm glad she still wanted them. Her favorite was Mae-Mae, a teddy bear.

theQman said:
Yeeah... it's a good thing this penguin is crazy soft cause he was $20. That really bugs me considering it probably only cost like $2 to make.

And, in a bit of unpleasant irony for adult littles, it was probably made by an actual small child in a Third World sweatshop. :frown:

ToysRus are kinda few and far between here in the UK. =c But it is fun to look around when I find one. But the very bestest time that I ever been to a toy shop is at the Oxford ST shopping centre around early December. x3
All the Christmas decorations will be out and the toy section is just 110% guaranteed to make you feel like a kid again. It makes me feel pretty special. It gonna be busy because Christmas but the whole centre is just amazing at that time of year. :D

I like Toys R Us for their Lego selections unlike other stores and Babies R Us may be good to buy a variety of nappies and may be expensive.

I go in every chance I get!!! Just got a clip-to-the-belt Pokeball with a Pikachu in it!!! Previously picked up nerf guns and super soakers and hot wheels cars (the cats love chasing the cars on the gravity clamp track I set up down the hallway!!!) I don't buy plushies from Toys R Us though... I buy elsewhere where ever they call to me... certain ones just have the character ya know!?!?!? It's in the eyes!!!

I recently visited my Toys R' Us. I bought 4 animated DVDs, a Jake & Neverland Pirates tote bag, and some Jake & Neverland Pirates gift wrapping paper.

I was going to buy a poster too, but couldn't find any Jake ones. Almost got a Paw Patrol one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back