Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Cloth diapers and Plastic Pants, no pins. Help!

Default Got Cloth diapers and Plastic Pants, no pins. Help!

I finally managed to purchase some plastic pants and a cloth diaper, but my pins never arrived, and to make matters worse, the pins I did order turned out to be too small. I live with my parents, so I can't just ask them to get me diaper pins.

For all intents and purposes, I have everything BUT the pins.

Is there any way for me to improvise?

Could I just wear the diaper folded up inside the plastic pants and call it a day?

you should be able to go down to your drug store are sewing shop and get regular safe pins with out the safety locks. I use them when I have broken mine and used them until I got new diaper pins.

You could also getting ribbons or shoelaces or the such and tying them on snuggly. I've done it before, and it works great it not super active. However, as they get soggy, they will droop very much

Quote Originally Posted by Azie View Post
    You could also getting ribbons or shoelaces or the such and tying them on snuggly. I've done it before, and it works great it not super active. However, as they get soggy, they will droop very much
    I could kiss you!!!

You are a ^%&*ing genius!

I'm now enjoying my new cloth diapie!

You can buy some from most pharmacies or chemists. Also Coles has them available for just $2 a pack in their sewing section.

Jo-anns fabricks has blanket safety pins look for very sharp points put into bar soap I use those my self.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklesaurus View Post
    I have everything BUT the pins.
    <snip>
    Could I just wear the diaper folded up inside the plastic pants and call it a day?

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    Jo-anns fabricks has blanket safety pins look for very sharp points put into bar soap I use those my self.
    For pins, as foxkits says, try to get yourself to a fabric store. Most carry the ultra-popular line of Dritz-brand fasteners, which include diaper pins. And I think the Dritz diaper pins are some of the best. They're much sturdier and will last longer than the ones AdultClothDiaper sells.

But simply tri-folding your diaper and laying it down the middle of your plastic pants can work--if we're talking a Velcro or snap-on cover, as the pull-ons tend to be a lot baggier.

...although it sounds like you found a non-pin approach already, so great!

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklesaurus View Post
    I finally managed to purchase some plastic pants and a cloth diaper, but my pins never arrived
    What kind of a monster ships the diapers and back-orders the pins? That's like giving a kid a toy for chirstmas and forgetting the batteries!

You can order Boingo fasteners or Snappi fasteners, they are an easier method for the cloth diaper newbie.