Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming Out As ABDL in College

Default Coming Out As ABDL in College

Hi guys! So, as you might know, I'm very open with my family and friends about my ABDLness. But now I was thinking of doing something a little more drastic.

You see, I'm a film student, so I'm taking a third level Scriptwriting class where they all read your script and they give you feedback. I REALLY want to do an ABDL feature film. Yet, it will involve me standing in front of everybody an pitching my ideas. So... if they ask me where it came from... I was thinking of coming clean and telling them I am an ABDL. I know, it would mean telling an entire class about my diapers.

So, it's still 3 months away and I don't know what you guys think. Bravery and pride or social suicide?

The thread title alone gave me shivers. I would say social suicide, there will likely be atleast one or two accepting people in the group however i personally don't think the stick and grief would be worth it. It's different telling close friends and family than a class full of (potentially) strangers.

I'd say social and possibly career suicide. In college I'd advise you to steer clear of anything that could possibly be misinterpreted, and while we have a clear understanding of what this is and isn't, it just takes one person who doesn't understand and the jig is up. People don't always hear what you tell them; they hear things based on their own life experiences, biases, and filters. You could find yourself labeled and branded all sorts of untrue and yucky things, and at that point any word of correction you have to offer won't matter for the train will have left the station. It is also simply impolite to expose your class to this. Most of them likely wouldn't want to know anyway. Imagine the tables were turned and someone else did a film about something funky they were into.

I hear where you're coming from. It would be great to be able to tell others and I dream of a day when what we do and need is accepted by the public. That day certainly hasn't come yet. Be careful. Don't let pride and hope of understanding ruin your future career.

Quote Originally Posted by BachBrahms View Post
    I'd say social and possibly career suicide. In college I'd advise you to steer clear of anything that could possibly be misinterpreted, and while we have a clear understanding of what this is and isn't, it just takes one person who doesn't understand and the jig is up. People don't always hear what you tell them; they hear things based on their own life experiences, biases, and filters. You could find yourself labeled and branded all sorts of untrue and yucky things, and at that point any word of correction you have to offer won't matter for the train will have left the station. It is also simply impolite to expose your class to this. Most of them likely wouldn't want to know anyway. Imagine the tables were turned and someone else did a film about something funky they were into.

I hear where you're coming from. It would be great to be able to tell others and I dream of a day when what we do and need is accepted by the public. That day certainly hasn't come yet. Be careful. Don't let pride and hope of understanding ruin your future career.
    I see where you're coming. As filmmakers, one of the things we're programmed to do is to be open minded. In fact, in my Screenwriting Level 2 class, one classmate decided to write about a boy who never had sex so he starts seeing out sexual gratification in odd ways. We're kinda used to this mentality where we see the world in a different way, but I understand your concerns. Thanks for telling me to be careful

If your fellow screen writing students are coming up with strange and kinky ideas, I suppose you could suggest your idea without saying that you are AB/DL. After all, the internet is a big, wide place where you could say you saw people like this. Then you would get a very honest response from your fellow students, and I'd bet that it would be very negative toward adult babies, and that's something you would have to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    If your fellow screen writing students are coming up with strange and kinky ideas, I suppose you could suggest your idea without saying that you are AB/DL. After all, the internet is a big, wide place where you could say you saw people like this. Then you would get a very honest response from your fellow students, and I'd bet that it would be very negative toward adult babies, and that's something you would have to live with.
    Thanks guys, I guess I could do that. I just really want to write that script for my class :p

I think writing a screenplay for an ABDL film would be great and I think you should go for it.

However, I don't think you should mention that you are into ABDL.

What I would propose is something along the lines of: You were looking up ideas and thought that many films and shows are biased or very one-sided and you wanted to write something that was more balanced. You came up with several possibilities but chose ABDL as your topic. You would not have to mention anything about your involvement in ABDL.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDenise View Post
    I think writing a screenplay for an ABDL film would be great and I think you should go for it.

However, I don't think you should mention that you are into ABDL.

What I would propose is something along the lines of: You were looking up ideas and thought that many films and shows are biased or very one-sided and you wanted to write something that was more balanced. You came up with several possibilities but chose ABDL as your topic. You would not have to mention anything about your involvement in ABDL.
    Thanks, yes, I think that is what will end up happening. I just really want to write and film this movie. I already have a plot!

Maybe doing this while your still in college may be a bit risky. I mean, we all know how people "label" each other, I would love to see a film on ab/dl, like a real film to help others with this, and to help the real world understand we're not crazy. I remember fighting my ab/dl when I was younger, it took me years to accept myself, I would of given anything to of had a movie or book, anything to help. but like I said, Think about it long and hard, once you put it out there, there's no taking it back. and you have the rest of your adult life to do this. Best of luck

I too went to film school, and this idea hounded me. What a spectacular opportunity to broadcast ABDL. I ended up never explicitly putting myself out there, but I found opportunities to squeeze in references. I think that's the best approach, like the allusions to homosexuality in Studio-era films. Taboos have fallen, and they're continuing to fall, and yes fetish is increasingly accepted, but I don't believe a full coming-out will help. It may even hurt your credibility in your peers eyes and distract from your message. Subtly infuse ABDL in your work, and bide your time.