• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

I did it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlbychoice

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone,

Its been some time since i have posted on here. I literally signed up said hello and then disappeared again. This happened for many reasons.

Well i have news after many, many months of battling with the DL side of me i finally told my wife. The outcome was way more than what I imagined. Not only does she understand but is supportive about my desire to wear nappies.

I even got to wear a nappy to bed. Had a real horrible sleep but it happened. NOt in my wildest dreams did I ever think it was going to be this way. She hasnt even given me terms and conditions. All she said is that if wearing nappies makes me happy and will help me then she has no problem. she said that there are a lot worse things out there that i could be involved in.

She does have one concern and that is the smell. Now i only wet my nappies. At this point thats all i want to do. I have in the past pooped in my nappy but didnt like it.

I have a question. To solve the wet smell. whats the best way to hide the smell? I thought maybe wearing waterproof pants. But there lies a problem. in South Africa as far as i know, no one stocks adult waterpoofs. So the next question is. how do i make my own and what material do i use? i need it to be discreet.

Oh i am allowed to wear my nappies around the house as well... Im very excited about the prospects and looking forward to it.

Freedom......

Sorry people i didnt really introduce myself to you.

I am from South Africa. 40 years old and married for 15 years and have two kids. I have been struggling with this side of me for a very long time.
I remember trying nappies when i was about 12 yeas old, but then never had the desire until about 6 years ago. I used to travel a lot by car and something in me switched on and that was me hooked again. I have been through the usual binge purge cycles and battled to accept this side of me. I have battled right up until last night. but now that i told my wife, i have now accepted this side of me. What a relief. I have worn all day today but i am looking forward to this evening. I especially cant wait to go to bed in a nappy again. I want to get going to bed and waking up wet right. last night i had a nappy on and woke up slightly as i could feel i needed to wet. SO had to make myself wet then went back to sleep. With excitement i kept getting aroused which is quite uncomfortable. But i hope that will sot itself out in time. TO be able to go to bed dry or slightly wet and waking up wet will be awesome.
Love it.........

Congratulations! If you wish for her to be involved, a word of advice... go slow. The day after I came out to my girlfriend, she insisted that we get some supplies and start having fun together. "Too good to be true", I thought. We did, and it overwhelmed her. Damage was done, and she said she didn't want to participate anymore. I shelved it, bottled it up, and waited. After one year and a half, we've progressed far beyond that and she enjoys participating, but it took time and patience.

That said, you're her husband, so you'll know what's best. Congratulations again! It's an incredible feeling to share this side with others and be accepted.

Kilometers said:
Congratulations! If you wish for her to be involved, a word of advice... go slow. The day after I came out to my girlfriend, she insisted that we get some supplies and start having fun together. "Too good to be true", I thought. We did, and it overwhelmed her. Damage was done, and she said she didn't want to participate anymore. I shelved it, bottled it up, and waited. After one year and a half, we've progressed far beyond that and she enjoys participating, but it took time and patience.

That said, you're her husband, so you'll know what's best. Congratulations again! It's an incredible feeling to share this side with others and be accepted.

Yes I agree, I have told her that i will respect he space and she wants me to stop then i will, but i told ill stop wearing nappies in front of her. However i will continue wearing nappies in my private time. Im as yet to see if she will be happy with me changing my nappies in front of her. IE when getting ready for bed. Changing into a nice lovely clean nappy. (Oooo just sitting here typing now i want to go put a nappy on but i'm busy working around my inlaws place and we are going out with them later). So i dont want to chance it right now.Im very fortunate to be able to work at home so i normally have all morning to enjoy. I would then change before collecting my daughter form school, But now that i can wear anytime im going to try when my daughter is home. See if anything is noticed. But kids are so preoccupied in their little worlds. That things just go right by them.

I still need advise on disguising the wet smell. If anyone in South Africa, Specifically Durban know where i can get waterproof pants from or a pattern to make waterproofs i would appreciate it.
Oh by the way for Durban DL's and AB's Osmans is now carrying nappies and they have prints on them. Very reasonable price as well. I think they are about R79 for a pack of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Kilometers said:

Yes I agree, I have told that i will respect he space and she wants me to stop then i will, but i told ill stop wearing nappies in front of her. However i will continue wearing nappies in my private time. Im very fortunate to be able to work at home so i normally have all morning to enjoy. I would then change before collecting my daughter form school, But now that i can wear anytime im going to try when my daughter is home. See if anything is noticed. But kids are so preoccupied in their little worlds. That things just go right by them.

I still need advise on disguising the wet smell. If anyone in South Africa, Specifically Durban know where i can get waterproof pants from i would appreciate it.
Oh by the way for Durban DL's and AB's Osmans is now carrying nappies and they have prints on them. Very reasonable price as well. I think they are about R79 for a pack of 10.
What is a good nappy to wear to bed that i can get in SA. at the moment i am using Tena Slips. Very comfortable and discreet. But i am worried about them leaking when sleeping and the last thing i want to do is have a wet bed that my wife is sleeping in as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Kilometers said:

Yes I agree, I have told that i will respect he space and she wants me to stop then i will, but i told ill stop wearing nappies in front of her. However i will continue wearing nappies in my private time. Im very fortunate to be able to work at home so i normally have all morning to enjoy. I would then change before collecting my daughter form school, But now that i can wear anytime im going to try when my daughter is home. See if anything is noticed. But kids are so preoccupied in their little worlds. That things just go right by them.

I still need advise on disguising the wet smell. If anyone in South Africa, Specifically Durban know where i can get waterproof pants from i would appreciate it.
What is a good nappy to wear to bed that i can get in SA. at the moment i am using Tena Slips. Very comfortable and discreet. But i am worried about them leaking when sleeping and the last thing i want to do is have a wet bed that my wife is sleeping in as well.

It may be the type of diaper you're wearing. I don't wear disposables, but I'm sure a lot of members will respond to your post with some good ideas. I do know that some disposables conceal smell better than others. I dealt with the smell by wearing a Goodnite under my cloth diaper. They're good hiding the smell. My wife complained about the smell of pee and now she doesn't. I also wear plastic pants over the cloth. I ordered Leakmaster high backs from Amazon.com.

In general, plastic backed disposables are best at hiding the smell. Also change and dispose of wet diapers as soon as possible. The less time they are wet and not in a sealed plastic bag, the better. Otherwise, there is not that much you can do. Odors, whether from diapers, smoke, food, etc. are very easily dispersed.

Which diaper is best? I don't have an opinion on that and will let others answer.

HI Guys

Thank you for your advise.

My Wife complains of the smell when i am wearing the nappy. What i have done is gone and bought some good nappy cream and baby powder. The cream to protect my skin and the baby powder to hide the smell. i have asked her if she has been smelling my wet nappies and she said no. So i think the powder is doing some of the trick. I'm going this afternoon to look at other brand nappies and hopefully find some waterproofs.
We don't get Goodnights in SA. We have Tena, Clemens and Molicol. Then you also get some of the much cheaper versions.
Unfortunately i had a bit of an accident last night and leaked slightly on the couch. thank goodness it wasn't a full flood. But she lost it with me. Was very embarrassing for me. But anyway, i think i was unconsciously pushing her to far.
She is still very accepting and will still allow me to wear nappies around the house and to bed but fully clothed. But she is still getting used to the idea of her husband regressing to nappies and using them. At the moment she doesn't like been in the same room when i am changing.
I normally only wear one nappy in a day. But yesterday i started wearing in the afternoon, changed at about 5:30pm and then changed for bed after the accident. To me that is me becoming more and more independent on nappies. But i also think its me just getting used to the freedom and pushing boundaries.
Today i have decided not to wear any nappies as im on training. although it would be nice not to be interrupted to go to the loo, but i cant risk it. also im not going to wear to bed tonight.
Just sitting here typing this makes me want to go put a nappy on. I think im a little too much addicted. Hopefully this faze will pass and ill go back a bit. Does worry me a bit cause it isnt or was my intention to go full time. I know my wife will not allow that to happen. Well not right now.
anyway let me go. i have things to do like trying to design a waterproof pants and get ready for the training.
Cheers for now.
I know we will come to a common ground. There have been rules laid out which i must say are very, very reasonable. I'm sure they will change as she gets used to the idea.

Also bear your hydration in mind when you're wearing. Although it's going to make you wet more, drinking a lot of water will keep the smell at a much lower level.

Trevor said:
Also bear your hydration in mind when you're wearing. Although it's going to make you wet more, drinking a lot of water will keep the smell at a much lower level.

funny you mention that. i do seem to drink a lot more when wearing.

Oh, i have made my own waterproofs today. Im trying them out now.

I wear NorthShore, and They don't emit any smell after many wettings. I don't know if you can get them in South Africa, if you can you might try them.

No we don't get Northshore in SA..... I went and bought Molicare yesterday, a pack of 30 the largest I have ever bought. Now,I,really do have a stash. I'm starting to think this is going to start getting costly. Really need to find a factory shop.

Hi Again

Just a question and comment.

Those who are DL's, When not wearing a nappy and start thinking about them and want to put one on. Do you get this like excited but nervous feeling?
In fact i like the feeling and look forward to putting a nappy on as soon as I can.
I wore a nappy to bed last night and woke during the night slightly wet. Then i wet again and went back to sleep again. When I woke up in the morning it felt great.
Today I decided i needed a nappy free day just because of everything that was going on today even not wearing to bed. But now I'm getting that overwhelming feeling of wanting the wear a nappy to bed again.
Mmmmmmmm what to do.....

Dlbychoice said:
HI Guys

Thank you for your advise.

My Wife complains of the smell when i am wearing the nappy. What i have done is gone and bought some good nappy cream and baby powder. The cream to protect my skin and the baby powder to hide the smell. i have asked her if she has been smelling my wet nappies and she said no. So i think the powder is doing some of the trick. I'm going this afternoon to look at other brand nappies and hopefully find some waterproofs.
We don't get Goodnights in SA. We have Tena, Clemens and Molicol. Then you also get some of the much cheaper versions.
Unfortunately i had a bit of an accident last night and leaked slightly on the couch. thank goodness it wasn't a full flood. But she lost it with me. Was very embarrassing for me. But anyway, i think i was unconsciously pushing her to far.
She is still very accepting and will still allow me to wear nappies around the house and to bed but fully clothed. But she is still getting used to the idea of her husband regressing to nappies and using them. At the moment she doesn't like been in the same room when i am changing.
I normally only wear one nappy in a day. But yesterday i started wearing in the afternoon, changed at about 5:30pm and then changed for bed after the accident. To me that is me becoming more and more independent on nappies. But i also think its me just getting used to the freedom and pushing boundaries.
Today i have decided not to wear any nappies as im on training. although it would be nice not to be interrupted to go to the loo, but i cant risk it. also im not going to wear to bed tonight.
Just sitting here typing this makes me want to go put a nappy on. I think im a little too much addicted. Hopefully this faze will pass and ill go back a bit. Does worry me a bit cause it isnt or was my intention to go full time. I know my wife will not allow that to happen. Well not right now.
anyway let me go. i have things to do like trying to design a waterproof pants and get ready for the training.
Cheers for now.
I know we will come to a common ground. There have been rules laid out which i must say are very, very reasonable. I'm sure they will change as she gets used to the idea.
Can you not order some plastic pants online as for smell stay well hydrated that way you pee is not so concentrated.

You can always go to amazon.com

Last edited:
foxkits said:
Can you not order some plastic pants online as for smell stay well hydrated that way you pee is not so concentrated.

I could but only from the states, and with the exchange rate, it makes it very expensive.
I have actually found a sewing pattern and have made pants that are really nice, they have snaps to close it all up. Well I have put on Velcro.
They are shaped so you can't see them through shorts or trousers.
If anyone wants the pattern let me know.
When I am wearing my nappies I seem to drink a lot more than usual.

I'm interested in hearing how you made it

dragon123 said:
I'm interested in hearing how you made it

I found the pattern at this website. Www.kaylasclothkits.com

She has the pattern in different sizes. You download the pattern and the instructions. I followed the instruction to the t, besides having the inner liner cause I wasn't making a cloth nappy. I just used the pattern and instructions to make my nappy cover.
I used it for the first time last night. I am wearing Molicare disposable nappies (which I am loving) super absorbent. And the nappy cover. No leaks, really comfortable. The nappy cover is also pretty discreet.

Enjoy making your own nappies and/or nappy waterproof covers.

- - - Updated - - -

Well,

It's been just over a week since I told my wife. It's been up and down with her a bit. But all is good now. Most of the trouble is that she has had a week from hell at work.

But for the last few nights I have slept in my nappies and even been cuddled by my wife. You have no idea how good that feels. Last night was one of my best nights sleep. It seems that wearing a nappy at night helps me to sleep really well. may it continue.

To deal with the wet smell that my wife complained about, I found a website that has a downloadable pattern and instructions to sew the pattern for adult size nappies. Well I just used it to make a pair of waterproofs. I have made different versions before I found the pattern, they all seemed to work bt this one from the pattern is the best. Really comfortable and no worry about leaks. This has made my wife happy.

Today I decided to have a nappy day. So changed out of my wet night nappy into a fresh one. That lasted until midday. So I'm on my second nappy of the day. It should last until bed time.

What a week. Bliss.

Mmm thought i would just do a quick write up on something that i am experiencing at the moment.

Since last Thursday I have been wearing nappies to bed. Some nights I wet before going to sleep and some i go to sleep without wetting but wake up during the night and wet then go back to sleep. The last few nights i have gone to bed slightly wet and gone to sleep. I wake up in the morning and feel wetter or should i say my nappy feels thicker than when i did before going to sleep. When i wet before going to sleep i wait a bit to check how much i have wet by how much my nappy swells. Now i'm almost certain that it isn't as swollen by the time i go to sleep as it is in the morning. Which I think it means i'm wetting in my sleep. Is that possible after such a short time?
I thought i should do an experiment and go to sleep dry and see if i wake up wet. But then i think being dry wont cause me to wet. Where as being slightly wet when going to sleep makes me wet some more.
What are your thoughts?
I dont mind wetting in my sleep, but if this is going to start happening more often then i need to get thicker nappies as at the moment i'm wearing molicare which i think will leak at night.

babymt said:
Highly unlikely IMHO. Unless you have been a life long bed wetter and it's coming back? Your body doesn't unlearn that quickly, if at all. Much more likely that the wetness has spread plus the padding has moved around some.

I thought this a couple of times when I first started wearing at night, but it definitely wasn't.

I thought as much, I would very suprised if that was the case. Only other way I can put to down to is that I wake up, wet then go back to sleep without knowing about it, almost like sleep walking type,of thing...... But again I have never suffered from that either.
Well will have too see how it goes tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back