Period pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordFluffybuttz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So i was wondering if anyone has tried a period pad as a diaper booster? I really wanted to try using one of my pads for this. Ill put one in my goodnite!

Last edited:
I have, but it's been more than 20 years--since the early 90's. Female family members in my house used Kotex pads, which at the time were more than half an inch thick and primarily fluff. They didn't do much for the absorbency of my diapers, but they added a pleasant thickness. No idea what the modern pads are like. Does SAP absorb menstrual flow? I'm sure I could look that up...

In general, I just think that it's a waste of expensive period pads. They really aren't designed to hold an actual wetting at all. That wasn't the intent of the design.

I do sorta get it from the angle of maybe doing some extra padding on a normal pair of panties.. totally get that "secret diaper" thing kinda going on.. but pads in a diaper? I just don't see the cost being equivalent to the gain in "boost" from doing so.

Never used them inside a diaper, but when I was younger sometimes I'd take three of my thick maxi pads, putting one inside my underwear like normal, and ripping the backs off the two others and layering them inside. Then I'd give it a small wetting.

gigglemuffinz said:
I do sorta get it from the angle of maybe doing some extra padding on a normal pair of panties.. totally get that "secret diaper" thing kinda going on.. but pads in a diaper? I just don't see the cost being equivalent to the gain in "boost" from doing so.

When I was younger I used to do the "secret diaper" thing with pads. I'm male so they were always ones I scrounged/stole from various places. But yeah _ never were particularly gratifying. And certainly they didn't work well for peeing...especially the ones that weren't very thick.

Like some of you I tried using maxi pads inside my underwear maybe 5 or 6 years ago. They didn't work very well because they really aren't made to hold large volume of pee. Even when I tried multiple pads it still didn't work.

The only time I've used them in a diaper was when I made my own diaps in my early teens, too nervous to pursue real ones.

I grew up using those for makeshift diapering. I think I only tried peeing on them one or two times. I didn't use them too much though, because I'm a guy, and I didn't want the girls in the family to wonder where they were all going.

I used a Depends Guard as a stuffer and it held a lot.

I use them as boosters sometimes, my wife is always trying different maxi pads and getting samples from different places and she usually uses 1 or 2 and then the rest are fair game as long as I dont touch the green or pink always ones. I think goodnites tru-fit make a better booster because you dont have to modify them at all and they are fairly cheap

They wouldn't probably hurt, but I don't think it would necessarily help too much either. They don't have the sort of draining feature that boosters would have, allowing liquid to seep from the bottom, so I would be careful with flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back