Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this mean anything?

MichaelWeston

Default Does this mean anything?

I've been waking up at odd times in the night with words in my head, I've been writing them down and it makes a story. Do you think they mean something? What are your thoughts or interpretations.

Here is what I wrote:
    The sky was bright, until last night. I fell in love once more. And I feel like despite all my fight my life is another war. She was the same, just another one hiding in shame nothing more. Just a onenight stand. Where will my heat land when you walk out the door. I canít make up my mind. I want to rewind my life to yesterday. That one night stand canít be back in my hands she has gone away. Now she gone I am a victim of her con. She left today. Underneath this grey sky there will be light. I have to fight for my life. Underneath the rain I will tolerate the pain, underneath the grey sky. I thought she was the one. I figured we would have fun. It never works out. I though you would be my light. The source of all my pride. I have learned not to pout. I have learned to ride solo. Itís Justmy fate to be alone. I choose to never love. I have realized just me is enough Underneath this grey sky there will be light. I have to fight for my life. Underneath the rain I will tolerate the pain. underneath the grey sky.

Very good story! I would call it more of a poem. It sounds like you may have been hurt by love?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWeston View Post
    I've been waking up at odd times in the night with words in my head, I've been writing them down and it makes a story. Do you think they mean something? What are your thoughts or interpretations. [...]

They mean what they mean to you... I kind of see a song here... Interpretations are far too many for me to attempt to calculate now... Maybe there is some confusion between sex and love and, companionship (3-things), that compete with your desires... which may further be at odds with your fears...

That's the best I could come up with for now... What do you see?

-Marka

MichaelWeston

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    They mean what they mean to you... I kind of see a song here... Interpretations are far too many for me to attempt to calculate now... Maybe there is some confusion between sex and love and, companionship (3-things), that compete with your desires... which may further be at odds with your fears...

That's the best I could come up with for now... What do you see?

-Marka
    It means nothing to me really, I haven't had a girlfriend in a year or so. I could write song from it, I play piano and guitar! It is odd for me since it just started recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Very good story! I would call it more of a poem. It sounds like you may have been hurt by love?
    Thanks, the writing is pretty good for 3am! More like hurt by a lack thereof. I haven't been in a relationship for over a year. Before that I was with my GF for 4 years.

It means nothing to me really, I haven't had a girlfriend in a year or so. [...] I haven't been in a relationship for over a year. Before that I was with my GF for 4 years.
    That might be the point...uuuum, consciously... toot-toot-toot... ah, you're aware of the girlfriend you had... the desires, the interests... some grappling with the vacancy (meant in respect)... you're sorting it... perhaps a contingency of what you think, feel or, see your self as.... uh, under the guise of what's perhaps socially expected...uh, combined with maybe who you see yourself as... or where you're going etc...

I had a tune in my head, when I suggested a song perhaps... but for one thing, I can't write music and, two -I couldn't think of a similar sounding song... as a point of interest... I did have piano in mind...

Eh... generally speaking, many of us are inclined to see dream type things as rather symbolic... so... that perhaps being the case, it may be that you are attempting too literal of an interpretation...

Failing that... it is what it is... That's where I'm at with this now...

-Marka

I think write them down is a really good idea, I think they are deep question and thoughts. It will give you time to think about what they mean to you and let you explore what the meaning of it all is.

I wrote a lot of poetry when I was a college student, and a number of them came to me the same way. I'd wake up and they'd be so clear in my mind, that I'd write them down. They often had rhyme and meter, which is really amazing. Surely your mind is busy processing something, so keep writing it down.

It's cool how creativity works! I think I heard an interview with JK Rowling, who said the idea of Harry Potter came to her like a vision. All of a sudden she just saw him, the character, in full detail. And she had to write out his story. I think this is just the crazy nuances of creativity. If you're waking up to this in the night I wonder if perhaps you need to express your creative side more often? Kind of sounds like it's clamoring to get out.

MichaelWeston

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    That might be the point...uuuum, consciously... toot-toot-toot... ah, you're aware of the girlfriend you had... the desires, the interests... some grappling with the vacancy (meant in respect)... you're sorting it... perhaps a contingency of what you think, feel or, see your self as.... uh, under the guise of what's perhaps socially expected...uh, combined with maybe who you see yourself as... or where you're going etc...

I had a tune in my head, when I suggested a song perhaps... but for one thing, I can't write music and, two -I couldn't think of a similar sounding song... as a point of interest... I did have piano in mind...

Eh... generally speaking, many of us are inclined to see dream type things as rather symbolic... so... that perhaps being the case, it may be that you are attempting too literal of an interpretation...

Failing that... it is what it is... That's where I'm at with this now...

-Marka
    I turned it into a song, in Am on the piano. Sound amazing, thank you!

I turned it into a song, in Am on the piano. Sound amazing, thank you!
    Nice! Perhaps I'll hear it soon???

Thank you!
    -Marka