Future Awareness Movement Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Alternative lifestyles are becoming less and less taboo - well that's how it seems to me! (Ooooh, it's been a while since I've started a big thread like this!) Look at the Homosexuals and the lesbians, there's now almost no where on the planet where they can't get churchily married and also you'll have prob's noticed - unless you've been living under a rock - that currently Transgenderism is everywhere you care to glance: it's being covered well/nicely in the media, there are TV shows about it on both sides of the Atlantic, Mainstream movies about it: The Danish Girl and 52 Tuesdays and there are off-stream movies about transgenderism asking for your funds on Kickstarter! ...Oh yes - how could I forget - there's also a very brave middle-aged woman you may of heard about, she's not on telly often or in the papers every week (ha ha - sarcasm) but her name's Caitlyn!

Of course the downside of all this is the magnifying glass isn't turning on us...yes you never know we may be next I mean if you told me...5 years ago that 2015 was going to be the year of 'Homosexuals and Transgenders' well I'd have laughed you out of whatever we were standing in at the time. Either if sed magnifying glass comes our way or we take a step forward alone there are things that need to be given some thought, now understand I'm hopeless at marketing and also I don't think I'd be able to take up an on-soapbox position un-masked (if you will) but a campeign possibility isn't leaving me alone.
Taking inspiration from our friends in the homosexual and lesbian sector...who likes the sound of Padded Wall? With the slogan "Some people like to wear diapers/nappies and they're not pedophiles...get over it!" ...I apolergise for having an imagenation or maybe brainstorming to far/badly but am I onto something or even in the region of having a good idea?

If any of you out there have any thoughts pertaining to what I've just laid out, critisisms or you're own campeign names and slogans (the cleverer the better!) ...the floor is now yours. bringmesunshine

I think that what will happen is, is the world will not be understanding to ABDL, but just more understanding of more 'unique' interests, including ABDL. So not just us, but other oddities that exist in the world today. I think it's starting already, actually.

With the internet still spreading more and more people are being heard. They can get together in groups and realize there are more of them than they thought. Plus with hackers and estranged love affairs making peoples fetishes more public it is all becoming common place. People are finally learning that everyone is human. We are all interested in different things and are becoming more accepted as the media makes it more common place. Eveyone has a fetish and more and more people are figuring that out. Many of those speaking out againt lifestyles are being exposed as being part of what they are ridiculing. In the future only fetishes that hurt others will be considered taboo.

We may be accepted by people except the religious right and extreme conservative side. My fear is being attacked by environmentalists. We all know that ABDLs who like disposable diapers are not likely to embrace cloth diapers (which is still debated about how much better for the environment they are). But, the environmental type (sometimes with many children in a huge inefficient house), like to hate disposable diapers and may consider our use of diapers as a voluntary action. I have images of people wearing fur coats being splashed with red paint.

bringmesunshine said:
Look at the Homosexuals and the lesbians, there's now almost no where on the planet where they can't get churchily married...

You're kidding me, right?! That's sadly very far from the truth. There are many, many countries where homosexual acts are illegal, and according to the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA), just 9% of UN States permit same-sex marriage.

http://old.ilga.org/Statehomophobia/ILGA_State_Sponsored_Homophobia_2015.pdf (PDF)

This site is a bit out-of-date, but it gives some examples of the situtations in which people have been arrested and prosecuted for gay crimes.

http://76crimes.com/12-in-prison-for-being-gay-13-more-awaiting-trial/

The punishment for homosexual intimacy is DEATH in Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Yemen. Whilst not codified into law, the death sentence is also widely implemented across Iraq, Nigeria and Somalia, and into areas occupied by Daesh (ISIL/ISIS).

And homosexuality is a criminal offence in these countries:

Afghanistan
Algeria
Angola
Antigua and Barbuda
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belize
Bhutan
Botswana
Brunei Darussalam
Burundi
Cameroon
Comoros
Cook Islands
Dominica
Egypt (de facto illegality for men in public)
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gambia
Gaza (occupied Palestinian territory)
Ghana
Grenada
Guinea
Guyana
India
Indonesia (certain provinces)
Iran
Iraq
Jamaica
Kenya
Kiribati
Kuwait
Lebanon
Liberia
Libya
Malawi
Malaysia
Maldives
Mauritania
Mauritius
Morocco
Myanmar
Namibia
Nauru
Nigeria
Oman
Pakistan
Papua New Guinea
Qatar
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
Samoa
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Solomon Islands
Somalia
South Sudan
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Swaziland
Syria
Tanzania
Togo
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Uganda
United Arab Emirites
Uzbekistan
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Guyanna will not tolerate queerness. But they welcomed Jim Jones and his crowd of crazy? Amazing!

Who woulda thunk that one.

I think we'll always be laughed at, but we would gain more traction if we aligned with the BD/SM group. Oddly enough, vanillas and muggles understand bondage because it's been shown many times on TV and movies. Understanding bondage, wearing diapers and forced diaper wearing is one step away.

As for homosexuality, it's hard to believe, but when I was in college, you could be put in jail or a mental institution for participating in a same sex activity. We've come a long way, baby! Now if us babies could come that far.

I think ABs will never be accepted to the extent that the gay community has. It's just too "weird" to think that an adult would want to be like a baby again, especially the bodily function part. That said, I believe some day a celebrity will come out and say they wear because they are IC and diapers are better than meds or underwear such as Depends.

I don't know if I could come out of the closet and say I'm a baby.
I wonder how Many more ABs, would come out and say there baby, Then wear baby cloth and diapers in public every wear they go well in joying a soother.
:rolleyes:

bringmesunshine said:
Look at the Homosexuals and the lesbians, there's now almost no where on the planet where they can't get churchily married and also you'll have prob's noticed - unless you've been living under a rock - that currently Transgenderism is everywhere you care to glance
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is not the case at all. People have already talked about all the Third World Countries and their fucked up laws where it's illegal to be gay and the few that carry the death penalty for it *shudders with disgust*. But even in the Western Countries that are generally considered progressive on LGBT rights, there's still a lot that needs to be done. For instance, in the United States, 32 states do not offer full employment rights for being a part of the LGBT community (29 don't have any LGBT protection at all, while 3 offer protection for sexual orientation, but not gender identity). Then there's also Housing Discrimination which is another serious problem that gay people still have to deal with.

As for Trans people being everywhere, it may seem like that way compared to previous years. But that's mainly because up until this year, they were mostly invisible. Yes, we have come a long ways and have made great progress, but the fight for LGBT rights is far from over (especially in the Third World).

As far as ABDL visibility, I think it's important to note that we've already made progress. We have evolved our views on sexuality dramatically and nowadays, fetishes, while still taboo, aren't nearly as controversial as they were in the 1960s and 1970s. I do believe that people are becoming more open-minded and that ABDL, while still taboo and frowned upon, isn't nearly as controversial today as it was in the 1980s. I don't think ABDL will ever become mainstream, but I do think that it'll be a small little underground niche that while some people will find amusing, for the most part, we'll basically be ignored and tolerated.

zipperless said:
I think ABs will never be accepted to the extent that the gay community has. It's just too "weird" to think that an adult would want to be like a baby again, especially the bodily function part. That said, I believe some day a celebrity will come out and say they wear because they are IC and diapers are better than meds or underwear such as Depends.

Sarah Silverman did quite a while ago, and has used it in her comedy sketches. I admire her for not just her bravery, but for putting it out there and getting acceptance.

dogboy said:
Sarah Silverman did quite a while ago, and has used it in her comedy sketches. I admire her for not just her bravery, but for putting it out there and getting acceptance.

I forgot that. You reminded me she has a book called "Bedwetting" as she had that problem
into her teen years.

zipperless said:
I forgot that. You reminded me she has a book called "Bedwetting" as she had that problem
into her teen years.

You're absolutely right. She had her own sketch comedy show on Comedy Central several years ago, and my wife and I watched it. I think she talked about her continence issues on that show as well.

MattyMax said:
We may be accepted by people except the religious right and extreme conservative side. My fear is being attacked by environmentalists. We all know that ABDLs who like disposable diapers are not likely to embrace cloth diapers (which is still debated about how much better for the environment they are). But, the environmental type (sometimes with many children in a huge inefficient house), like to hate disposable diapers and may consider our use of diapers as a voluntary action. I have images of people wearing fur coats being splashed with red paint.

I'm not worried, recycling proceedures have come on in leaps and bounds in the last 10 or so years. Nappies from both main age groups can now be turned into roof tiles and even handbags all the easier. At the end of the day the future's the future and we just don't know it! bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

To everyone reminding me how awful the world is - I know that as well do not worry! I'm just a very hope-weilding guy and perhaps I should say sorry for that? ...I don't know!
Anywoo, thanks for all the replies everyone, I like it when a thread takes off! bringmesunshine

Personally, I feel that the closest we'll get to being in the open are the Depend's Diapers' Drop Your Pants for Underwareness event(s). Too much publicity could lead to inaccurate assumptions being drawn about our small community and those could lead to worse things than shame.

bringmesunshine said:
I'm not worried, recycling proceedures have come on in leaps and bounds in the last 10 or so years. Nappies from both main age groups can now be turned into roof tiles and even handbags all the easier. At the end of the day the future's the future and we just don't know it! bringmesunshine

By amazing coincidence, I was reading about this recycling centre a few minutes ago:
http://www.hillingdontimes.co.uk/ne..._Hayes_nappy_recycling_facility/?ref=mr&lp=12

bringmesunshine said:
To everyone reminding me how awful the world is - I know that as well do not worry! I'm just a very hope-weilding guy and perhaps I should say sorry for that? ...I don't know!

No, no, no! Don't apologise! I only posted my thread to show how homophobic the world still is, and how far we have to go to promote values such as personal freedom. I'm sorry if it came across a bit grumpy... I was trying to educate people about the state of gay rights across the world. I didn't mean for anyone to think they should apologise in any way for anything at all... :-/ Stay sunny :smile:

It seems to me that, a mere two decades ago, homosexuality was regarded as being much less common than it plainly is these days. Clearly, its being somewhat common has played an *enormous* part in the level of acceptance it now enjoys. And what about the rest of the letters in GLBTQCHEBXJF or whatever it's called today? Well, I think they were lucky to have so much homosexual company to hitch a ride with, because you sorta need a big group to gain popular support. So the question I would pose is: Are there a huge number of ABDLs in the world? (Using homosexuality as a benchmark?) And if not, who are we hitchhiking to Acceptance Land with?

My own perhaps-grim view on these matters is that ABDL doesn't quite meet the bar for acceptance on its own, and neither does it quite fit the mold for the sort of sexual/gender issues that are gaining support right now thanks to their very advantageous friendship with homosexuality. ABDL is--or seems to me to be--a rounding error next to the populations we're comparing it to in this thread.

But! Maybe I'm wrong, just like so many were wrong about homosexuality decades ago. I guess I'm also just not all that inclined to seek broad acceptance for something I would never do outwardly in public anyway. After all, for me, it's not really comparable to being able to kiss my wife in public without drawing negative attention. Rather, it's about a kind of underwear, and I don't broadcast the kind of underwear I'm wearing, because that would be weird--even if I was wearing ordinary boxer shorts or something.

To a great extent, not being upset about a less-than-ideal situation means simply having reasonable expectations. We live in a world where parents expect us to give up diapers, pacifiers, onsies, etc., by a certain age. That ain't changing. And as long as it doesn't change, it will be regarded as very weird to return to these things as an ABDL later in life. Don't get me wrong; I'd love a society that was less judgmental, but that society is a dream world. In real life, societies have norms, and ABDL is not among them. It's nothing personal, it just... is. It's like a math problem. Best to accept that and move along, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoganBunny
Cottontail said:
It seems to me that, a mere two decades ago, homosexuality was regarded as being much less common than it plainly is these days. Clearly, its being somewhat common has played an *enormous* part in the level of acceptance it now enjoys.

Yeah things like this dont' become more common, they just become more well-known and well-understood. It's like autism or A.D.D. It didn't suddenly become more common in the last 20 yrs, it's just being more widely identified and counted.

I'd been pondering why "being gay" hasn't been selected out by evolution. Gay couples obviously don't breed and pass on their combined genes. But yet we're recognizing it in other species - I've seen articles on homosexual penguins, dogs, chickens, you name it. It's not a uniquely human trait. I got to thinking, maybe it's something that's more of a "community benefit" trait? Like self-sacrifice? A parent risking their life to save their child makes genetic sense, but a person willing to risk their life for another unrelated person does not - not directly. It benefits the local gene pool however, and so gets selected for, indirectly. I wonder if somehow homosexuality is the same way? Maybe something related to child rearing? (like how grandparents like to take care of the kids, long after they've lost the ability to breed) Certain groups seem to be stereotypically emphasized by gay membership, (fashion designing men, numerous scientists...) makes you wonder if somehow that gives them a communal edge? Maybe the homosexual scientist in the past tended to not have a family and thus be able to dedicate more time to research? I dunno. It's interesting to think about though.

Homosexuality has been around for a long time, and it's not getting any more common as of lately. It is entertaining from time to time though watching morons try to argue against homosexuality, in things like adoption. "We can't allow gay couples to adopt, they'll raise their children gay!" um... so how are all these straight couples managing to raise their children to be gay?? Or the "homosexuality is a CHOICE!" ok... lets experiement... choose to be gay for a few minutes, and go give that guy a kiss. What, you can't choose to be gay, while someone else is supposed to choose to be straight? I've got a better idea, why don't you just go tell all these straight couples to stop making gay babies! (it's obviously all their fault! They must be choosing to make a gay baby! haha...) Idiots. Not sure whether its best to be mad at them, feel sorry for them, or be ashamed to be associated with them...

I can't comment because you took the words right out of my mouth.
Good article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back