Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One last time, maybe

Default One last time, maybe

I have to be careful what I say here. My threads keep disappearing without explanation. Maybe I've been hacked. Or maybe I'm just too stupid or evil. idk

Anyway, when I first posted a thread on adisc about imprinting I kind of expected an avalanche of information from other members who were also familiar with this research. I was surprised to find out that few, if any, were aware of this area of study.

When I use the term "imprinting" I am referring to a legitimate field of scientific research that makes a very convincing case that our sexual desires are implanted in our brains sometime within the first few years after we are born via a natural process that is a normal part of biological development. Imprinting is not limited to sexual desires but that is the part of the research that interests me the most at the moment.

Not everyone cares about finding out why they have unusual sexual desires, but for those who do, the answer is not psychology. That should be obvious by simply researching posts on this thread that offer individual psychological theories about it. I played the psychology game, too, for many years. The real answer is imprinting. Don't take my word for that. Do your own research.

If this thread disappears so will i.

It seems reasonable. I would be careful about heaping all of the diaper-related desires here into one bucket, though. If you believe what people say--I don't always do that, but...--then there are DLs here who wear for comfort and other non-sexual reasons. For myself, though, some sort of imprinting seems a reasonable explanation. I've had an inexplicable attraction to diapers for as long as I can remember, and my memories stretch back to toddlerhood. That said, in all of my own reading, I have yet to find anything truly conclusive about these "imprinting" or "love map" theories--because that's all they appear to be in the eyes of the current science: Reasoned theories. Until we have a few well-documented cases of diaper fetishes and similar things being "created" under controlled circumstances, that's unlikely to change. And deliberately creating fetishes--or allowing them to be created--seems morally iffy to me.

We are so varied in how we came into liking diapers that theres not one fit for all.
    Shure some will feel imprinted was them some it's other things also.
    I feel it can play a part for some but maybe not all.
    But I welcome your posting your research into why .
    But there are some that are passionate about how they feel about there feeling on the matter.
    Dont let them get to you.
    I welcome your ideas Drifter.

It makes sense and I've thought about before. I believe it to be a valid reason for why we end up liking and disliking most (not all) of the things we do. I just didn't a have a name for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    It seems reasonable. I would be careful about heaping all of the diaper-related desires here into one bucket, though.
    It not just about sexual desires, it's about any desire, or any like or dislike that you might not know why you like it or dislike it.

I saw the first thread and to be honest, the original article was a little over my head, especially when it was suggesting physical changes in the brain, if I recall correctly. I'm too under educated in these fields to be able to express an intelligent response, though I understand psychological imprinting. I tend to see the validity in the theory. I wish I was better educated in that field.

I commented in the first thread (which was likely removed because of the arguing) and I have a similar comment here. I think that some of us, including me, have had our interest in diapers for nearly all our lives, or at least as long as our memories stretch back. That certainly suggests that some early life biological process is involved. It can't be simple because nearly every child wears diapers and very few adults have a sexual or emotional attraction to wearing diapers. It also can't be only imprinting because some DLs have gained their fetish in later years after having little or no interest in diapers when they were younger. My best guess is that those of us who did have an interest in being in diapers from a very young age have some particular mental characteristic that made us lean towards particular kind of early imprinting that attaches emotional and sexual desire to some early childhood object and, for us, that was our diapers.

This is my understanding.

The science behind imprinting theory seems to be pretty solid. The phenomenon is readily observable. Research and experimental data are consistent and repeatable. Testing on humans is severely restricted for ethical reasons, but, considering our biological similarities to other animals, including "abnormal" sexual desires, imprinting theory is on sound footing.

The reason abnormal is in quotes in the preceding statement is because uncommon sexual desires are perfectly normal, IMHO. A diaper fetish is normal but uncommon. This may be hard to accept but it is key to understanding the implications of imprinting. It's normal because of the way nature takes things from our early environment and implants in us the belief that these objects are very desirable. In some ways it may just be a matter of semantics because abnormal and uncommon mean the same to a lot of people, but the distinction I'm trying to make is that all of our sexual desires are the result of the same normal, natural process. No doubt psychological damage can introduce bizarre thoughts and desires that create abnormal twists in our behavior, but this doesn't change or replace imprinting theory.

Why doesn't everybody have a diaper fetish? Most likely because we are genetically programmed to be more inclined to imprint on things that are beneficial to our survival. But inclination is not absolute.

Why do some people feel the desire at an early age while, for others, it appears later in life? Probably a combination of individual differences and hormones. When the hormones kick in around puberty things that were only vague attractions, or completely unnoticed, suddenly erupt.

Could animals be imprinted with a diaper fetish? Personally, I believe we could reliably and consistently cause this to happen. For hundreds of years Chinese farmers deliberately got ducklings to imprint on sticks they carried with them to rice fields in order to get the ducks to follow them to eat the pests that threatened the rice. Of course, what scientist is going to specifically use diapers for imprinting research?

Imprinting sure is interesting, and I'm sure some early stuff ends up a huge factor in our lives. I mean who we are is already a result of our life experiences, I think it seems to make pretty much basic since that the kid we grew up as has a deciding factor on the stuff were are interested in when our sexual characteristics start developing.

I do agree that the entire subject of purposely imprinting anything on a human is extremely unethical and this might be interesting, but any application in practice is just.. I'm not comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Not everyone cares about finding out why they have unusual sexual desires, but for those who do, the answer is not psychology. That should be obvious by simply researching posts on this thread that offer individual psychological theories about it. I played the psychology game, too, for many years. The real answer is imprinting. Don't take my word for that. Do your own research.
    But Imprinting is a member of Psychology. Psychology: the scientific study of the human mind and its functions, especially those affecting behavior in a given context.

What you are saying, is similar to, "Physics isn't the answer to why you fall, gravity is."

maybe i'm being unnecessarily picky about your wording though.

I have heard of imprinting before, I think it is an interesting idea, fairly possible, kinda hard to prove though since people don't really let you preform tests on babies that might affect their later sexual desires. And to spend time observing a child until it reaches teenage years, takes a lot of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Why do some people feel the desire at an early age while, for others, it appears later in life? Probably a combination of individual differences and hormones. When the hormones kick in around puberty things that were only vague attractions, or completely unnoticed, suddenly erupt.
    I was a DL w/o a fetish before I was 5. Because I was a DL when I went through puberty, I developed a diaper fetish. But the desire to wear diapers happened LONG before any hormonal development associated with developing sexual maturity.