• A clean diaper is a happy diaper

0 0%
  • Just let them know, but not too much detail

9 50.00%
  • Do whatever, it makes no difference to me

2 11.11%
  • Avoid it if possible

7 38.89%
  • Go to def con 1, destroy all evidence!

1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another One of Those "Should I Tell This Person" Threads ;)

Default Another One of Those "Should I Tell This Person" Threads ;)

First off, I guess I should make it clear that I'm not particularly stressed over this; mostly just a little confused at how to proceed in an acceptable way.

Today I fell asleep on my bed, fully clothed (and diapered ). My flatmate came into my room and woke me up when we had guests arrive (usually he would knock, but for some reason...).

Anywho the problem is I'm not sure if my shirt had ridden up while I was asleep. He didn't say anything about it, which is a good thing I guess. However, he has also recently noticed the large pad-locked suitcase in my wardrobe and insists I tell him what's inside. So far I have managed to brush off his questions.

In the next few months, he and I will be moving into a new flat with a couple of new people. Should I let him in on the fact that I sometimes wear diapers before we move so I can save some of the humiliation if he finds out for himself or do I just continue like this and hope he doesn't?

Either way if he does find out it will be humiliating but I think I would rather him find out from me than on his own. At least then I can ask that he doesn't share it with other people (which he might do in an attempt to get advice if he feels to embarrassed to confront me about it).

PS Added a poll cos I never got the chance to before. Just want to see how well it works + add some humor

Seriously? .... The answer is no. Continue with discretion. You'll just have to be a bit more cautious. I can't see any real benefit to revealing this voluntarily.

If he brings it up, don't try and hide it. That just makes it look like you're doing something wrong and makes them dig deeper to find your secret. If he pressures to find out what's in the trunk, I'd just say they are incontinence products. After the follow up question as to why you have them, simply say you don't talk about it. If he's a good friend, he will realize you are nervous/embarrassed and will break the conversation there. Like Ozbub said, be a little more cautious. No sense in making it look like you flaunt it (even if you don't that's how others might see it).

One more thing, this won't work if he's on good terms with your family and they don't know about it. He may go around you to get the information you hide and open up a whole new can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Either way if he does find out it will be humiliating but I think I would rather him find out from me than on his own. At least then I can ask that he doesn't share it with other people (which he might do in an attempt to get advice if he feels to embarrassed to confront me about it).
    I guess this is the heart of the matter. One person knowing isn't that big a deal, especially if its someone you don't have to deal with for the rest of your life, have kids with, pay alimony to, go through a bitter custody fight with.....

On the other hand, once you've gone your separate ways, are you going to be the story told on friday nights at the tavern "I used to live with this guy...". Six degrees of Kevin Bacon. You never know where it will come up. Or when.

Normaly while I would agree with Ozbub, in this case I think It would be best to tell them especially in the case that you trust this person. but be weary as this can have a negative impact on your standing with him. but more often the not these type of things people you tell them to will often end up keeping it to themselves or risk looking like an ass with most of you friends.

Side note.
    What in the world was he doing in your wardrobe.

I feel that since you guys are moving together, you must be somewhat close friends. He will likely find out eventually if you are living together. Do you know if he is a kinkster? If so, it may be easy to tell him. If you know he is vanilla, probably not.

You could tell him its medical. But, if you only 'sometimes' wear this could be unbelievable. You may be forced to live the lie or be discovered as a liar. But sharing it as a kink/ fetish would be very difficult and may backfire.

I wear and use every night for bedwetting. ive told friends and family as needed. Like sharing hotel accommodations or am traveling with someone. But, its always the medical explanation. Everyone has been nice about it. the only one i have ever told about the fetish aspect is a handful of past boyfriends, sex partners, and my husband. Unless they are seeing/using my tidbits, i rather they not know i am sexually attracted to an object like a diaper. I came to this forum seeking advice about similar topics and the advice i got here is great and diverse. Others may be more bold than me, but telling someone about a fetish is on a need to know basis. Wearing diapers for a medical need is much easier to swallow than wearing diapers for pleasure/ leasure. I'm not telling you to lie, or maybe i am? Being truthful about something as "wierd" as this may not be practical in your situation. It may be best to leave it alone. Hopefully it wont come up, but if it does be prepared.

OK. I think I will just let this play out and if he finds out, or suspects something then I will just tell him I wear at night (since I wear pretty much every night anyway). Otherwise no worries.

My 'medical need' is severe anxiety that results from not wearing. Mental health issues are still medical in nature. I have depression, anxiety, ADHD, and OCD. All medical issues. Diapers are one of the treatment methods that help me cope.

It may sound like rationalization, but the point is that you can tell him it is for a medical reason, and not disclose the medical reason. Likely he'll respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    OK. I think I will just let this play out and if he finds out, or suspects something then I will just tell him I wear at night (since I wear pretty much every night anyway). Otherwise no worries.
    This is what I was going to suggest. You could always say you need them, as you have some continence issues, should he discover them. Otherwise, wait until you have to tell.

My default answer is to only give such information as needed and only as much as is required. For example, you could acknowledge using incontinence products and give no further information. Medical reasons would normally be assumed. Never say something that could later be found false. Mentioning they are worn "as needed" is different than "every night".

I have told a few people about my use of diapers. Most were only told that I wear them. Some were given more details. No one has yet to get all of the details. It completely depends on the person's need to know.