Abuniverse Space Diapers, Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMunky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Abuniverse update: Space diapers are now available for ordering (up to two packs)!! I just placed my order for 1 pack & can't wait to try them!! Abu will be shipping them on or before Thursday... I have not been this excitted to try a new diaper in a long time! Half cases & full cases will be available in November with the scent option (no scent option right now). Aliens don't stand a fighting chance!

I should have added: only sold in packs of 10 right now in sizes medium, large & extra large

Great! I got to try a sample and I think they'll have a hit on their hands.

How is the sizing on them? How is an ABU Space Diaper in size M compared to a Molicare Super Plus, or an M4? Really curious, but still super excited to order my first pack!

I caved in and bought a pack, most I ever paid per diaper, with all of the great reviews, I hope it blows me away.

Strong said:
How is the sizing on them? How is an ABU Space Diaper in size M compared to a Molicare Super Plus, or an M4? Really curious, but still super excited to order my first pack!

I don't know about Molicare sizing but if M4's fit you these should also work. I know they are sized larger than Bambinos' I think I read they are close to Rearz as far as fit/size (if you have tried those). Wont know for sure until my order comes in and I measure them (yes, I have a list of different diapers dimensions). Look in the "diaper reviews" section, someone already posted the measurements!

That's quite a high price. ($35/10) Usually I'm up to give it a try, but I think I'll pass this time. Also FWIW, "abusave10" code does NOT work on them. (I've never seen that code NOT work at abu)

I am more excited about the little pawz diapers

Am i the only one who thinks that $3.40 per diaper is a bit too much? id rather wait for tykables (snuggies) to restock on their updated overnights. Plus ABU just stole the wetness fade design from them anyway.

They are cheaper by the case I assume. I think they at trying to wring every dollar they can.

Hello all - Regarding the cost and stock - We were very transparent at the launch that the first shipment was going to be limited to pack quantities (See these tweets: https://twitter.com/ABUDiapers/status/647191571847249920?ref_src=twsrc^tfw https://twitter.com/ABUDiapers/status/647191695830872064/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw ) .

Second - If we didn't include shipping on a 10 pack, the cost would likely be $21.99 + shipping of $10-20 depending on where you live in the USA. Therefore, we made the decision with the new ownership to go ahead and provide free shipping to help reduce overall costs and keep everything predictable at checkout time.

Thank you for the feedback - we are listening.

-Thanks,
Casey Strom, ABU.

MichaelWeston said:
I imagine that they have to make every dollar they can. How many adults wear child print diapers? Small market i'd imagine.

You'd be amazed at how large it is actually. Also, I am the owner, so if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I am an ABDL myself.

MichaelWeston said:
That does surprises me. It shouldn't. I own two business (I prefer not to say what fields) but one of them is pretty out there but our revenue last year was above 9m. Would have never guessed that when I started. I imagine your in a similar scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys based in Seattle? If so, pretty dang close to me!

Similar scenario, yes. Shocking how the numbers play out.

We are based out of Everett, but if I spit just right, I can hit Seattle ;)

Thinking of trying these somewhere down the road, but I'm not sure if they will fit me too big. I'm a small on most diapers.

Nappies R Us (UK)!haven't got them yet but they have stated on the website that they will have them soon.

bought some the minute they went on sale. Pricey but it doesnt effect me, i dont buy diapers often.

klo555 said:
Second - If we didn't include shipping on a 10 pack, the cost would likely be $21.99 + shipping of $10-20 depending on where you live in the USA. Therefore, we made the decision with the new ownership to go ahead and provide free shipping to help reduce overall costs and keep everything predictable at checkout time.

A new product launch causes difficulties on both sides. I don't mind paying "cutting edge" prices for a new product, but the first wave tends to be the most expensive. I'll often risk a case simply to save on cost beacuse the initial batch is going to cost more. Unfortunately on your end, your first run is lower quantity, and you've made the decision to not take pre-orders. (considering previous problems here, this was a GOOD decision IMHO) That means we can't order a larger quantity to help offset the high initial cost.

For me at least, it turned out to be a deal breaker. Shipping just added too much to the cost due to the low quantity. But if you sell out, you made the right call. Crinklz flew off the shelves at close to the same price. I hope to place an order on your next run when the cost/pc drops a bit.

Thank you for the feedback - we are listening.

-Thanks,
Casey Strom, ABU.

And we do appreciate having you here to talk with. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back