Status
Not open for further replies.

nightfurbaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have been learning and interested in the ABDL lifestyle for 6 months now, and have heard all manner of personal stories of how others connect with age play or ABDL! I am quite accepting of what I have learned, and see a valuable place in life for this… connecting with an inner contentment, letting others take charge and nurture and love us, the vulnerability, power exchange, and sanctuary that can be found in many adult baby activities.

However, the question on my mind during this time, and the one I want to ask today, is how to others justify the on-going use of disposable diapers, that then just go to landfill…? I know people who wear 24/7, and are fostering incontinence deliberately in themselves – for life. With so many caring about the environment now, how does this sit ethically, engaging with a lifestyle for personal and/or sexual pleasure that involved such a massive amount and extra waste created.

I do not know of many (any?) other kinks that would involve so much on going by-product of waste like this… I know that in other areas of my life, I am very careful of what I use, of doing recycling, not accepting plastic bags from shops ect. I also have used a MoonCup for my menstrual cycle for the last 9 years, as I am not comfortable with the waste pads and tampons create, month after month, year after year. That is something that is necessary and I won't do it.

So how can adult diaper-wearing by choice be justified as okay in an environmentally-aware sense?

Cloth diapers would be the best option. Sure you would then do more laundry but water can be cleaned a lot easier than a landfill full of diapers.

Let me first state that my wife and I are extremely environmental. We even work in the environmental field. You question is one clearly coming from the "other side." Many adult babies, littles or infantalist (all synonyms), knew at a very young age, as I did, that they needed diapers and had a personality that used regression as a means to cope. Just forget about the term "kink" and any part of it that would require choice. Throw that on top of those of us who also grew up partially or fully incontinent and diapers are just part of the deal. I certainly DID NOT choose this as you imply in your post.

That being said, one of the main ways, we diaper wearers can offset environmental impacts is to use cloth diapers, yet even then the water, energy, detergent and necessary waterproof covers might be construed as excessive waste. I personally wear cloth every night and either cloth or disposables during the day, but then again my impact is higher because I am severely urge incontinent. A 24/7 wearer. Again, not by choice.

Frankly, there are enough guilt and self-esteem issues associated with being an ABDL that bringing up the environmental impact is another punch in the gut. As I said in the beginning of my post, I love the outdoors and eat and breath green. It's just that in the matter of diapers, I make a sacrifice that I can't entirely mitigate.

- - - Updated - - -

Nightfurbaby,
I noticed this is your first post. Generally speaking your first post should be on the introduction forum so you can say hello, tell everyone how you got here, what your hobbies are, other interesting facts about you. We are on this site largely for support and communion with others with similar interests, so when you get a chance mosey on over there and introduce yourself. Thanks.

My waste is my business and I am responsible with it. We do not have trash pick-up or our own dump. Everything that will not burn gets sorted and taken to the proper recycling facility. I enjoy cloth and also own the moon cup. I believe mine is called the diva cup.

As others have mentioned, cloth diapers are certainly an option, and there are many fantastic adult cloth diaper choices. That said, if you can't get excited about cloth, maybe you can compensate for your use of disposable diapers by being more environmentally friendly in other aspects of your life?

A paraphillis like this may reduce environmental impact. Making babies is the worst environmental impact. A diaper wont get pregnant. Also, using doublers decreases waste.

I care about the environment, but being DL from birth i cant imagine myself giving up diapers for any reason. When i run out of them it drives me nuts just knowing i cant get padded. Cloth and plastic pants are ok, but im an 80's baby so all i ever knew growing up was plastic crinkly diapers. Once i learned how pollution affects us all as a kid i have been conflicted about all the diapers i will create in my lifetime. Most people only use diapers in the beginning and end of their lives but for me, holy hell, how many metric tons of diapers will i create if i live to say 80? (i hope to god i dont live to an age where i actually need diapers, fuck being old, old people piss me off) I like post topics like this that dont pop up often.

MattyMax said:
A paraphillis like this may reduce environmental impact. Making babies is the worst environmental impact. A diaper wont get pregnant. Also, using doublers decreases waste.
Eh? I wouldn't be so quick to correlate paraphilias with a lack of desire to procreate. There are quite a few DL dads (and a few DL moms) here. That said, I can sort of understand how those with AB tendencies might look on the "real thing" as a different sort of burden (e.g. something more akin to sibling rivalry :)) than a non-AB might. Lots of people don't want children, though.

I wear cloth, but also plastic pants. Look at it this way. Millions of years ago, plants and animals died so we could have all that wonderful oil, oil that is used to make plastic. A million years from now, man, after the great extinction, will be starting over and behold, they'll find all that oil. Their historians will say that prehistoric man must have worn diapers for some unexplained reason, but at least it left great pools of crude oil.

dogboy said:
I wear cloth, but also plastic pants. Look at it this way. Millions of years ago, plants and animals died so we could have all that wonderful oil, oil that is used to make plastic. A million years from now, man, after the great extinction, will be starting over and behold, they'll find all that oil. Their historians will say that prehistoric man must have worn diapers for some unexplained reason, but at least it left great pools of crude oil.
With that in mind: If the Yellowstone supervolcano blows its top, take off your diaper as quickly as you can, lest a plaster cast of your diapered form be made, Pompeii style, and placed in a museum for all to gawk and puzzle (and laugh) at.

You make choices every day. Many of those choices involve (one way or another) the environment. I try to recycle as many things as possible, I mostly use cloth bags for shopping (or no bag if I am getting 1 or 2 items), I compost, etc. On the overhand, I have a number of devices requiring electric power, I still prefer paper books and newspapers to reading on a tablet or computer, etc.

I have what for me is the correct balance concerning the environment and have no guilt about it.

I am not 24/7 and I generally use disposables but I also use cloth.

I love the environment. . .the environment is great. . .I am all for limiting our impact on the environment, but I am not going to lose sleep over it. There are far more things I and millions of others do, out of recreation and necessity, that impacts the environment more than me wearing disposable diapers.

For example, I am computer engineer and a recovering video game addict. Do you know how much power my personal computer, servers, and mobile devices use in a day. . .a lot. The sheer volume of fossils fuels that have been expended to power those thing up to now and probably for the rest of my life will probably leave more than enough room for the diapers I will use.

That said, I do not waste water or electricity. . .

I take a shower a day, usually 10 minutes or less. I wash dishes by hand as I need them, and own a newer (clothes) washer that barely uses any water at all. . . .I use fans and open windows instead of running the air conditioner, and do not turn on the heater in the winter unless it goes below 60 in the house. . .I do not drive regularly, prefering to walk or take public transportation, but can drive somewhere if I need/want to.

I support the local farmers markets, grow a modest garden, and keep my yard properly landscaped with seasonal flowers and plants. I even have regular and hummingbird feeders to support the local population.

Anyway, that all pale in comparison to all the detrimental affects many industries and people in general have on the environment and barring some massive paradigm shift on a global scale, will not change in any of our lifetimes. So, why deny myself one of the things that brings me relative innocent and never ending pleasure?

The Earth was not meant to hold this many people. Thanks to vaccines and medical advances we have seen a huge boom in the population. That doesn't mean I feel bad about going to the hospital when I needed to. Properly disposing of all your households waste can help to limit the impact.

I see people rant about large vehicles being bad for the environment, but I don't hear the same rant about babies and pets. Owning a dog is worse for the environment than owning a 18 wheeler. A new baby (across its life) is exponentialy worse. Yet the only movemnts about that is to stop all abortions which puts the child, families, environment, and resources it provides at more risk.

I am inco and diapers are really not the biggest environmental concerns we are facing. Cloth and disposables (under todays manufacturing guidelines) are equal in the damage they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back