wearing in the shower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have done this before but never to the full potential of what the diaper (depends protection with taps) After about 15 minutes it swelled up so much that the tapes failed. It was a fun experience and if you have not done I recommend trying it

ive worn while taking a bath, same thing kinda i guess.

Try buying a few lbs of the powder material (sodium polyacrylate) and fill your entire tub with gel. It's pretty cheap actually =D

MickeyM said:
Try buying a few lbs of the powder material (sodium polyacrylate) and fill your entire tub with gel. It's pretty cheap actually =D
Where do you buy it, I want to find a cheap way to make diapers more absorbent. I already know how I'd do it, I just don't have the final ingredient

Chanch0 said:
Where do you buy it, I want to find a cheap way to make diapers more absorbent. I already know how I'd do it, I just don't have the final ingredient

Just search amazon for "sodium polyacrylate" cheapest option for me (With amazon prime) is $18.55 for a lb of it. My guess is you need 3-4 lbs for a full tub but. heh maby not that cheap after all.
- But it would be difficult to make your diapers more absorbent with it. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have devised some method; there is a cheaper $7 one you could use for test but you get way less than a lb.
And remember one grain of it expands 100x its size, so be careful!

I bought the 3 pounds for $20.06. It has a little bit of a discoloration and I think it smells like wheat puffs or rice puffs but not sweet.

What exactly do you mean fill you entire tub with gel?

bowlduck said:
What exactly do you mean fill you entire tub with gel?

You pour the sodium polyacrylate into the tub and fill it with water :) then it turns into gel! Then to get rid of it you just add a bunch of salt :)

Yooo said:
You pour the sodium polyacrylate into the tub and fill it with water :) then it turns into gel! Then to get rid of it you just add a bunch of salt :)

That sounds like it would be a heck of an experience

Yooo said:
Then to get rid of it you just add a bunch of salt :)

I'm curious: How much salt do you need?

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Lagoon-Gelli-Baff/dp/B000Q79ZDA

I found these at Walmart on clearance a year or two ago. I still haven't tried it, but it is the same thing that you are talking about except colorful, comes with its own salt, and more expensive (unless you get it on clearance -woot).

Won't that stuff clog the pipes? I currently live in an apartment and I can't imagine the look on maintenance guys face when he unclogs the pipe and a ton of gel comes out.

I've worn while in the shower, they really swell up and it's fun :eek:

Spaz said:
Won't that stuff clog the pipes? I currently live in an apartment and I can't imagine the look on maintenance guys face when he unclogs the pipe and a ton of gel comes out.

They do clog up the pipes, if you add salt and mix it up it'll decrease the amount of water the polymer can absorb and it'll give up most of it's water but I think you'll need quite a bit of salt to dissolve it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back