Status
Not open for further replies.

Akastus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I was in Portugal a week or two back for a long weekend at a time-share owned by one of my extended family, and on visiting the local InterMarché, I was surprised to discover this....

attachment.php

attachment.php

I count at least three different brands of pull-up, and three different types of taped nappy. Bear in mind that this is a small supermarket - 10,000 square feet maximum, which is pretty tiny by UK standards, never mind US.

Now, there are a number of retirement communities around here, and golf course time-share developments packed with retired British expatriates, but even so, I was surprised to find this much IC stuff, openly on sale, in a small supermarket. This is a wider range than I have ever seen at any UK retailer, including large chemists. No way to know if any of it is any good, of course, since the brands are unknown to me (Depends aside).

It got me curious - has anyone else ever encountered a situation where they have suddenly come across a surprisingly large range of IC products in a place that you wouldn't have expected to find them at all?

Last edited:
Yay my country! xD

Fraldinhas said:
Yay my country! xD

Olhos de Agua in the Algarve, to be precise. Ever worn any of these?

I assumed it was Algarve from what said :)

I have tried the lindor elasticos, blue pack on the first picture at the center. There good, cloth-like and single tape on each side, hold well too. I don't recognise most of the others apart from tena.

Cool.. mean while in the US I can walk around a 182,000sq foot store and not even find any tapped diapers above size 6 in baby section.

computerProgrammer said:
Cool.. mean while in the US I can walk around a 182,000sq foot store and not even find any tapped diapers above size 6 in baby section.

The baby section was pretty comprehensive as well. And the HappyJama bedwetting pants are adorable.

Akastus said:
The baby section was pretty comprehensive as well. And the HappyJama bedwetting pants are adorable.

Nice, those look exactly same as underjams which I have a box of. //totally different packaging tho

//and to clarify I mean there where no adult tapped diapers or size 7 in the entire store. Didn't want it to seem I meant only that there where no size 7's.

Lots of Tena & Lindor

I was just in walmart last night in the pharmacy section and at the end is the hygene products including diapers, and all they had were depend. I was surprised there was NOTHING else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back