Thread: Michael Jackson recorded a song titled Nymphette Lover in 1981; a nymphette is a sexually mature prepubescent girl.

Default Michael Jackson recorded a song titled Nymphette Lover in 1981; a nymphette is a sexually mature prepubescent girl.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ichael_Jackson Michael Jackson wrote and recorded a song in 1981 titled Nymphette Lover.

For the uninitiated, a nymphette is a young (usually prepubescent) sexually mature female.

It really begs the question: was Michael Jackson really innocent of the allegations brought against him?

Considering that all of the accusations against him involved young boys, I'm not sure that you can draw conclusions from a reference to a young girl in a song title. Especially back in 1981, which is very much before the modern paedophile hysteria took off, and artists wouldn't think twice about choosing song titles and lyrics that would be regarded with extreme suspicion today. There's never been any evidence that he was interested in young girls, and while his catalogue includes a number of sexually charged songs - Billie Jean, Liberian Girl, Dirty Diana, Dangerous - what little we know of his personal life does not suggest someone who was conventionally heterosexual.

Personally, my view of Jackson is that as a result of his incredibly disrupted childhood, and the fame that surrounded him from a very early age, he suffered from a form of developmental delay, and was simply incapable of understanding that behaviour that was acceptable for a child was not acceptable for a grown man. He was constantly trying to recapture his lost childhood, and hence sought the kind of friendships from pre-pubescent males that he was denied when he himself was that age, heedless of the fact that the power imbalance between them made it severely inappropriate.

It's all about motive. Can I see Jackson touching the genitals of a 12-year-old boy? Yes. Was he sexually predacious in the adult sense? I don't think so. There was always a slightly otherworldly innocence about him, and I can easily see him engaging in the kind of mutual bodily experimentation that tweenagers often do, quite na´ve of the fact that for someone of his age, it was a crime.
    Last edited by Akastus; 06-Oct-2015 at 22:46.

There was a thread about this on reddit the other day with a pretty convincing case stating that MJ did not commit pedophilia crimes. It's too long to quote here but I really think it deserves a read so I'm posting the link below:

https://np.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQues...t_kids/cvknk28

There was a well covered and documented case involving the 12 year old son of a dentist. MJ was reported to having paid the family something in the area of 31 or 32 million dollars to keep the case out of the court system. This was covered in a 60 Minute's segment and I remember watching it. There have been other monetary settlements involving children in MJ's life. I feel sorry for Michael Jackson, but one cannot put their problems on a child. I do find it interesting that even though MJ did eventually have to go to court, he was never convicted, as far as I know.

Its pretty clear MJ was a seriously wierd and seriously talented dude. Whether his wierdness went to the level of sex crimes, only the people who have been in a room alone with him know for sure. Hush money from a celebrity doesn't prove anything, there are plenty of people looking for a payday.

The man's dead. Let him rest in peace.

Michael Jackson kinda makes me think of Willy Wonka in the Johnny Depp version. Its like that show is practically about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Michael Jackson kinda makes me think of Willy Wonka in the Johnny Depp version. Its like that show is practically about him.
    I've thought the same thing. Almost mentioned it in my post!

I feel he was a little and thought he was a kid the thing was he had the money to live his fantasies.
    Witch was his down fall.
    I dont think he had evil intent but was more a little kid and did not understand it was not the thing that an adult does with teens.
    Abuse dose strang things to a person his dad was a piece of work .
    I feel on some level he is not unlike some traits AB's have wanting to be the baby or in his case the little kid.
    It may be something if his kids say any thing when they get older only they know for shure how he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Its pretty clear MJ was a seriously wierd and seriously talented dude. Whether his wierdness went to the level of sex crimes, only the people who have been in a room alone with him know for sure. Hush money from a celebrity doesn't prove anything, there are plenty of people looking for a payday.

The man's dead. Let him rest in peace.
    One of the few times I'm completely in agreement with Maxx.