Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ABU Space Diaper Review

We're working on that right now! It should be really cheap shipping to NZ

Quote Originally Posted by klo555 View Post
    We're working on that right now! It should be really cheap shipping to NZ
    Well I just calculated how much a sample pack would cost and the price listed was $16.99 for 3 diapers, minus the $5 gift voucher and shipping costs. I would hardly call that 'really cheap'! Unless, the website uses GPS tracking to calculate shipping and what I am seeing is what I get. In that case, it'd be a lot cheaper to order by the box? Do you subsidize on larger orders? Would like to try the 'ABU Space Diaper' too when it becomes available.

Samples are another beast entirely. Pricing for Space is as follows, and will carry over for our Australian/NZ customers:
    $34.99 for 10 ($3.49/USD ea)
    $84.99 for 40 ($2.13/USD ea)
    $155.99 for 80 ($1.95/USD ea)

Shipping to NZ will likely be $15/USD flat rate from Melbourne.

Alright. So after a little conversion for a case of 80 that averages out $233.26 NZD, not including the shipping cost of $23.43 (which is actually cheaper in comparison to last management.

Sorry, but you'll have to do better than that to justify international sales. That's nuts, who'd pay that?

That's a really tough nut to crack. How are others in NZ selling their product? I understand that the currency conversion rate is totally wacky, but we can't subsidize against it.

What would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by klo555 View Post
    That's a really tough nut to crack. How are others in NZ selling their product? I understand that the currency conversion rate is totally wacky, but we can't subsidize against it.

What would you suggest?
    Well, you've got me on that one. As far I know there is only one person (incocare.co.nz) that sells anything that even comes close to AB/DL related products; he imports. I believe I have referred you to him before.

I'm no marketing expert by any stretch and this my personal opinion only, but maybe it's worth suggesting to the marketing team at ABU to offer more incentive on international sales in the forum on larger gift cards, or by incorporating a policy on international sales of buy x amount and get x amount for free, you could adjust all of that depending on the distance of the buyer, or something like that.

The way I see it, is that ABU wouldn't lose out on profits because you're giving more incentive to buy from the harder to reach audience, so you'd make up for the increased value in gift cards or freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    Well, you've got me on that one. As far I know there is only one person (incocare.co.nz) that sells anything that even comes close to AB/DL related products; he imports. I believe I have referred you to him before.

I'm no marketing expert by any stretch and this my personal opinion only, but maybe it's worth suggesting to the marketing team at ABU to offer more incentive on international sales in the forum on larger gift cards, or by incorporating a policy on international sales of buy x amount and get x amount for free, you could adjust all of that depending on the distance of the buyer, or something like that.

The way I see it, is that ABU wouldn't lose out on profits because you're giving more incentive to buy from the harder to reach audience, so you'd make up for the increased value in gift cards or freebies.
    Well, When looking into the NZ market previously (and I cannot talk about any dealer relationships specifically due to NDAs - I'd need permission), the problem was that the shipping expense to NZ was astronomical, along with the conversion rate. Getting into Melbourne and shipping from there was the best position to take upon further review.

Regarding promos and things for international customers - This is something we can totally discuss as a team, but we are already working hard to keep the price down universally. The Space Diaper is a high grade diaper that is being offered at a really competitive price ($1.95/ea in a case). That being said, I wouldn't have a way to really give more away for free due to my landed cost basis.

Gift cards / freebies do have a direct cost to us - those costs are just not realized right away.

It's all food for thought right now as the exchange rate has us gridlocked. Needless to say though - we WANT a solution!

Thank you for the feedback. I'm always all ears

-Casey.

I'm incontinent, even though I enjoy wearing diapers a baby print usually doesn't appeal to me. This baby print and the concept is different though. The whole battling space aliens with my accidents seems interesting and slightly more appealing then the regular medical diapers I usually wear. I might try a pack.

Excellent review and subsequent discussion. I am super excited about this diaper and will get some soon. I especially look forward to the paw print version coming this January. What a great time to be an ABDL!

I have not made my offical review of this diaper yet. I will do so in a video. But I have to say a few things here. I think that my expectations of this diaper were not fully met. Being that I am fully incontinent I kind of get a different experience in terms of length of use and such that people who wear just because they want to. That being said that space diaper is super comfy. I love the print of the diaper. How ever I find it very common with all ABDL diapers that they follow a totally different size range than non ABDL diapers have and I find this factor very frustrating. For me and xL should be almost to big for me to wear. However with ABDL diapers they are always almost to small. I will leave the rest for my video and trust me it is not all bad.