ABU Space Diaper Review

We're working on that right now! It should be really cheap shipping to NZ :D

Samples are another beast entirely. Pricing for Space is as follows, and will carry over for our Australian/NZ customers:
$34.99 for 10 ($3.49/USD ea)
$84.99 for 40 ($2.13/USD ea)
$155.99 for 80 ($1.95/USD ea)

Shipping to NZ will likely be $15/USD flat rate from Melbourne.

That's a really tough nut to crack. How are others in NZ selling their product? I understand that the currency conversion rate is totally wacky, but we can't subsidize against it.

What would you suggest?

Note said:
Well, you've got me on that one. As far I know there is only one person (incocare.co.nz) that sells anything that even comes close to AB/DL related products; he imports. I believe I have referred you to him before.

I'm no marketing expert by any stretch and this my personal opinion only, but maybe it's worth suggesting to the marketing team at ABU to offer more incentive on international sales in the forum on larger gift cards, or by incorporating a policy on international sales of buy x amount and get x amount for free, you could adjust all of that depending on the distance of the buyer, or something like that.

The way I see it, is that ABU wouldn't lose out on profits because you're giving more incentive to buy from the harder to reach audience, so you'd make up for the increased value in gift cards or freebies.

Well, When looking into the NZ market previously (and I cannot talk about any dealer relationships specifically due to NDAs - I'd need permission), the problem was that the shipping expense to NZ was astronomical, along with the conversion rate. Getting into Melbourne and shipping from there was the best position to take upon further review.

Regarding promos and things for international customers - This is something we can totally discuss as a team, but we are already working hard to keep the price down universally. The Space Diaper is a high grade diaper that is being offered at a really competitive price ($1.95/ea in a case). That being said, I wouldn't have a way to really give more away for free due to my landed cost basis.

Gift cards / freebies do have a direct cost to us - those costs are just not realized right away.

It's all food for thought right now as the exchange rate has us gridlocked. Needless to say though - we WANT a solution!

Thank you for the feedback. I'm always all ears ;)

-Casey.

I'm incontinent, even though I enjoy wearing diapers a baby print usually doesn't appeal to me. This baby print and the concept is different though. The whole battling space aliens with my accidents seems interesting and slightly more appealing then the regular medical diapers I usually wear. I might try a pack.

Excellent review and subsequent discussion. I am super excited about this diaper and will get some soon. I especially look forward to the paw print version coming this January. What a great time to be an ABDL!

I have not made my offical review of this diaper yet. I will do so in a video. But I have to say a few things here. I think that my expectations of this diaper were not fully met. Being that I am fully incontinent I kind of get a different experience in terms of length of use and such that people who wear just because they want to. That being said that space diaper is super comfy. I love the print of the diaper. How ever I find it very common with all ABDL diapers that they follow a totally different size range than non ABDL diapers have and I find this factor very frustrating. For me and xL should be almost to big for me to wear. However with ABDL diapers they are always almost to small. I will leave the rest for my video and trust me it is not all bad.

I bought half a case of the ABU Space, and I'm sure I'll buy more. Here's why: The capacity is nothing short of astounding. I can wet and wet and this diaper will handle it without pooling or puddling. The all-over print, while not particularly arty or babyish, makes for an attractive appearance ... I'm reminded of the Huggies Little Movers design with the Winnie the Pooh graphics. The tapes grab and grab; they are easily the best tapes I've ever seen on an adult plastic-backed diaper.

However: This is primarily a diaper for solo wear. In other words, I would not want to have my caregiver changing me while wearing this diaper, because of the high cost of each piece and the need for less-than-frequent changes. That said, if I'm working five or six hours and want to wear while I'm at my desk, this diaper can handle that sort of extended use.

I have a 36" waist and the mediums fit very well. If you're an AB and haven't tried the Space yet, do yourself a favor and order some. I think you'll love the capacity and overall design.

Some folks may argue with my opinion, but it just appears to me like the art work is somewhat oriented towards humor. The Space diapers qualify for a flexible spending account, so they can certainly be classified as a "medical" diaper, in addition to an ABDL product. I believe that ABU is marketing this product to as many different groups as it can, and particularly those who are less critical of the need for diapers in general. When I spoke with a company representative, he was in agreement with my observations. It is definitely not "babyish", but it is also not "medicalish" either. When I had to have a skin tag removed by my primary physician, she was not bothered in the least bit with the Bambino Bellissimo I had to change into after the procedure was done. If anything, the Space diaper would probably be even more benign.

Overall, it's a well-done product design. I would still prefer the Bellissimo for its fit and finish. But the Space diaper also offers a considerable amount of utility.

So? It holds more?

Honeywell6180 said:
Some folks may argue with my opinion, but it just appears to me like the art work is somewhat oriented towards humor. The Space diapers qualify for a flexible spending account, so they can certainly be classified as a "medical" diaper, in addition to an ABDL product. I believe that ABU is marketing this product to as many different groups as it can, and particularly those who are less critical of the need for diapers in general. When I spoke with a company representative, he was in agreement with my observations. It is definitely not "babyish", but it is also not "medicalish" either. When I had to have a skin tag removed by my primary physician, she was not bothered in the least bit with the Bambino Bellissimo I had to change into after the procedure was done. If anything, the Space diaper would probably be even more benign.

Overall, it's a well-done product design. I would still prefer the Bellissimo for its fit and finish. But the Space diaper also offers a considerable amount of utility.

So? It holds more?

The ABU vastly outperforms the Bellisimo in my opinion. For me the Bellisimo lasted 4 hours and the ABU lasted 8 hours.

Gianni said:
The ABU vastly outperforms the Bellisimo in my opinion. For me the Bellisimo lasted 4 hours and the ABU lasted 8 hours.

O dang!

Mine last two days, though it stinks after 4 hours. I just don't drink that much.

MickeyM said:
Mine last two days, though it stinks after 4 hours. I just don't drink that much.
Now where's the fun in that!?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

This is cool looking diaper I would like try it someday

ive found covidien.com they use nasa teck and very nice item

Back