What happened to Snuggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PaddedChi said:
Even though Snuggies may have won the trademark lawsuit, maybe the ABDL community is better off there wasn't one. I can't imagine any good publicity would come out of it. I definitely respect the owner's decision to re brand, ESPECIALLY if this reasoning had any influence.

Indeed. The phrase "Phyrric victory" springs to mind. it'd be all to easy for Kimberly-Clark to destroy Snuggies with bad publicity, just out of spite.

It's fortunate that neither the Waddler Overnight nor the Scene Extender nappies actually have Snuggies branding on them, so they don't have to interrupt production in order to redesign them. Obviously the packaging does, but that's an easier fix. The original Waddler is branded, but they're phasing that out anyway.

In fact, depending on how long this trademark lawsuit has been going on, this may well have been the reason for the removal of the branding, and the phase-out of the original Waddler. It would have been prudent to start making contingency plans for a rebrand as soon as they found out about the lawsuit. Although removing the branding isn't a bad thing - personally, all the baby nappies I remember were brandmark-free. The recent tendency to stick the manufacturer name on the nappies themselves isn't a good thing IMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back