Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Snuggies?

Default What happened to Snuggies?

Does anyone know why they have rebranded as Tykables? I'm just curious. It appears as though they have all of the original products with a few name changes.

I reckon the manufacturers of Huggies have sent their pit bulls (lawyers) in as the name is to similar

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    I reckon the manufacturers of Huggies have sent their pit bulls (lawyers) in as the name is to similar
    My thoughts as well.

Any idea why the name change of the S.Ex to Tighty Whities? I honestly prefer the new TW name.

The search engine at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office shows that "Snuggies Diapers" was abandoned in mid August. I'm thinking the lawsuit theory is correct, as there seems to be no mention of a reason for the name change anywhere. I don't know what to make of the new name. "Tyke" generally refers to a boy child, and is a fairly antiquated term besides. And adding "ables" to it just... huh. I don't get it. Maybe they only had twenty-four hours to rebrand themselves.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 03-Oct-2015 at 22:50.

Definitely seems like a lawsuit issue. While it could be a name similarity thing with Huggies, it could also be that of Snuggies, which is a direct name match and also trademarked.

Does indeed seems like they've been pressured into a quick rebrand.

So they changed the S.Ex name to tighty whities huh, that is an awesome name for a diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    So they changed the S.Ex name to tighty whities huh, that is an awesome name for a diaper.
    From a sex-themed diaper to an underwear-themed diaper... It's interesting marketing, anyway! I'm not surprised that S.Ex. was dropped, though. With quite a few AB/DLs seeming to like plain white diapers, I expect the name scared away far more people than it could ever have hoped to attract. May as well have been named Fappies.

I'd like to see a white diaper named Carte Blanche.

I have avoided the S.Ex ones due to the name but really wanted to try them due to being all white.... Now will be able to.

I really like the Snuggies name, no problem with Tykeables but don't like the idea of them having to change due to the name being too close to a babies diaper or those full length romper suits.

Regardless of what people think of the name change, this sue happy world nowadays it isn't much of a surprise that it happened. Just gotta suck it up.