Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Little rant about vehicle saftey

  1. #1

    Default Little rant about vehicle saftey

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1443878857198.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	24725

    This here is Bob. Bob is here to tell you about the dangers of driving like a Flippin arse around a class a Comercial vehicle. Contrary to popular belief we actually can't stop as fast as you. Don't be like Bob here who though it would be a great idea to jump his prius in between two trucks at 60 mph and slam on the brakes, as you can see Bob did not fare well. Bob thought since the truck was designed to carry 80,000lbs it can stop it too. He was half correct what Bob failed to realise was that yes we have heavy duty upgraded braking but to stop a vehicle that heavy we need more than the 20 feet Bob gave us. In all actuality on flat ground fully loaded it takes about the length of an American egg-ball-hand-ball (American footbal) field to stop fully from even 55-60 mph on a downhill can be in upwards of a 1/4 to half mile depending on grade percentage. Also another bit of information most drivers of major company's are rookie drivers with less than 1 year of experience. While I hate the BS about swift drivers being bad drivers it is a spec of truth but more to it than that it takes years to develop the skill required to run these trucks correctly I myself have held a CDL and ran large trucks since I was 18 so my skill is fairly higher than most, I can not say the same for most my Co workers.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1443881149470.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	24726

    Be safe out there and for crud sakes give the rigs some space. It may be your life at stake or possibly your child,neice, nephew, or grand child.

    This message brought to you by the arsehole in the corvette who forced me to slam on the breaks and throw a 6 year old off a bed and across a truck.

    Public notice* no one was actually harmed in this event. Other than some tears and a bumped head the child was fine, and Bob is in fact a 10 dollar Halloween decoration From Walmart so Happy Halloween and drive safe

  2. #2

    Default

    Goes the same here in the UK !
    Also look in your mirror before pulling back in on us Trucks or this will happen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAGNDfXSRHY

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Also another bit of information most drivers of major company's are rookie drivers with less than 1 year of experience.
    Sadly it's not just truck drivers, but bus/coach drivers too. Sometimes I travel by coach across Europe. In many cases (>50%) it is clear that the drivers have been with the company (major European coach operator) for less than a year, sometimes coming directly from driving trucks (with limited bus driving experience). I know because I usually sit near the front and can hear the drivers' conversation (there are usually 2 drivers on the long routes).

    On one occasion this summer, the drivers didn't know directions to the coach stations in almost every city we were supposed to call at, relied on GPS only (and you know its limitations), missed a motorway exit at least 3 times and in the end circled around a few blocks in central London for 45 minutes before finding entrance to Victoria Coach Station, with the service already being 3+ hours late (one other passenger actually gave them advice in the end). Worst of all, at one point in Germany, after missing another autobahn exit, which the drivers promptly realized, they were reversing on the motorway for at least 200 metres to correct their mistake and avoid further 20km/15min delay. And I'm not talking about the usual sins like speeding and taking phone calls without proper equipment.

    On the other hand, I also know that both truck and coach drivers have a severely underpaid and increasingly stressfull job, with growing competition and pressure on schedules and prices, and there's no wonder the turnover of people in these jobs is so high, which inevitably leads to inexperienced people at the wheel. But in the wrong/inexperienced hands, these big vehicles are weapons of mass destruction. Of course there are even more bad drivers in small cars, no question about that.

    Interestingly, if you took a poll asking people whether they consider themselves above average or below average drivers, I guess it would be like 80-90% thinking they are in the upper 50%. Our cars are becoming more advanced, safer and smarter, but what does this do to the drivers and their (over)confidence?

  4. #4

    Default

    It's not the Wheel (lug) nuts you got to worry about ! It's the nut behind the wheel

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    Sadly it's not just truck drivers, but bus/coach drivers too. Sometimes I travel by coach across Europe. In many cases (>50%) it is clear that the drivers have been with the company (major European coach operator) for less than a year, sometimes coming directly from driving trucks (with limited bus driving experience). I know because I usually sit near the front and can hear the drivers' conversation (there are usually 2 drivers on the long routes).

    On one occasion this summer, the drivers didn't know directions to the coach stations in almost every city we were supposed to call at, relied on GPS only (and you know its limitations), missed a motorway exit at least 3 times and in the end circled around a few blocks in central London for 45 minutes before finding entrance to Victoria Coach Station, with the service already being 3+ hours late (one other passenger actually gave them advice in the end). Worst of all, at one point in Germany, after missing another autobahn exit, which the drivers promptly realized, they were reversing on the motorway for at least 200 metres to correct their mistake and avoid further 20km/15min delay. And I'm not talking about the usual sins like speeding and taking phone calls without proper equipment.

    On the other hand, I also know that both truck and coach drivers have a severely underpaid and increasingly stressfull job, with growing competition and pressure on schedules and prices, and there's no wonder the turnover of people in these jobs is so high, which inevitably leads to inexperienced people at the wheel. But in the wrong/inexperienced hands, these big vehicles are weapons of mass destruction. Of course there are even more bad drivers in small cars, no question about that.

    Interestingly, if you took a poll asking people whether they consider themselves above average or below average drivers, I guess it would be like 80-90% thinking they are in the upper 50%. Our cars are becoming more advanced, safer and smarter, but what does this do to the drivers and their (over)confidence?
    I'll admit I started in an early 80s long nose Peterbuilt 379 18 speed at 13 years old. Benefits farmers get in USA we are exempt from alot of laws and restrictions within a certain radius of our land my grandfather ran his Pete over the road for a while but when he sold off his fleet and assets he paid off his farm and hired some hands but kept the place running but I learned to run the trucks local as a child at 18 when I became eligible he paid for my class A intra-state (within home state only) because CDL is not valid interstate untill 21 and 21 through 23 I drove busses. My experience dates back to before I even stopped wetting the bed as a child. But best advice I can give is study an atlas before hand and know your markers and exits.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    I'll admit I started in an early 80s long nose Peterbuilt 379 18 speed at 13 years old.
    13 years - wow. I'm complete opposite. As a boy I was never interested in cars, motorbikes and stuff (but I was crazy about trains). My friends couldn't wait for their 15/18th birthday to get the papers and sometimes went on those car trips where a group of underage boys secretly drive the father's car - luckily I was never tempted to take part. I only got my driving license aged 21 and only because some unfortunate life circumstances made it absolutely necessary; otherwise who knows when I would have done it, if at all. But it's certainly where we live and our family background which affect this (as it seems to have in your case). That said, nowadays I sometimes do enjoy driving. One day I would actually like to have a holiday in the US and drive all the way from one coast to the other, on those endless straight routes you always see in the pictures.



    Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    But best advice I can give is study an atlas before hand and know your markers and exits.
    Exactly what I would expect a professional driver to do before taking a new route - it's part of the job. Furthermore, if you are driving a bus, the passengers will notice your unprofessionalism, which can harm the company's reputation (they did notice on that one and the atmosphere turned from anger to jokes about the drivers' incompetence in the end, I even felt a bit sorry for the drivers).

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    13 years - wow. I'm complete opposite. As a boy I was never interested in cars, motorbikes and stuff (but I was crazy about trains). My friends couldn't wait for their 15/18th birthday to get the papers and sometimes went on those car trips where a group of underage boys secretly drive the father's car - luckily I was never tempted to take part. I only got my driving license aged 21 and only because some unfortunate life circumstances made it absolutely necessary; otherwise who knows when I would have done it, if at all. But it's certainly where we live and our family background which affect this (as it seems to have in your case). That said, nowadays I sometimes do enjoy driving. One day I would actually like to have a holiday in the US and drive all the way from one coast to the other, on those endless straight routes you always see in the pictures.



    Exactly what I would expect a professional driver to do before taking a new route - it's part of the job. Furthermore, if you are driving a bus, the passengers will notice your unprofessionalism, which can harm the company's reputation (they did notice on that one and the atmosphere turned from anger to jokes about the drivers' incompetence in the end, I even felt a bit sorry for the drivers).
    Yeah those endless straight routes quite fun Texas alone is huge. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1443917236009.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	24727 to give an example Texas alone is about what most Europeans that I have met have ever traveled distance wise in Europe coast to coast with traffic if driving during the day responsibly and stopping regular for fuel and sleep can be about 2 weeks possibly a month at most with a single driver

  9. #9

    Default

    Pulling on the highway less then 100 feet in front of a 34 foot class A motor home is not a good idea ether.

    You will likely need a diaper when you hear my screeching brakes and my 149 Decibels Semi Truck horn getting louder behind you

  10. #10

    Default

    I think half the drivers on the roads don't have any idea what vehicles are capable of doing, and what they can't. It just amazes me how stupid some drivers can be.

Similar Threads

  1. dream Vehicle
    By w0lfpack91 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-Jan-2014, 15:48
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2012, 21:35
  3. diesel vehicle owners
    By pampersonly in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-Mar-2011, 06:55
  4. Can Anything be done? (rant)
    By Bambusa in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 20-Mar-2010, 00:14
  5. Profanity. (Kind of a rant, kind of.... not a rant)
    By Boogeyman in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-Oct-2008, 16:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.