Just ordered the new all plastic tena slip active fit maxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilson

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Great news! Tena has released the Tena Slip Active fit in both maxi and ultima in sweden! it is completly plastick backed but it doesent have the tapezone :/ just ordered 1 pack of each to try it out.

It is found here https://www.tenabutiken.se/man/allt-i-ett-skydd/tena-slip-active-maxi/

https://www.tenabutiken.se/man/allt-i-ett-skydd/tena-slip-active-ultima/

(i think they only deliver in sweden unfortunaly )

Im realy lookingforward to try them out, hopefully they roll them out in rest of europe soon if it isnt avaible already from somewhere else (save dont have them)

I hope these make an appearance in the UK in the not-too-distant future. The Tena Slip Maxi was my favourite nappy. I still have a stockpile of them, but it will run out eventually.

It's interesting that Tena seem to be making a return to plastic-backed nappies at the same time that Molicare is finally phasing them out. Have they actually been paying attention to the opinions of end users, or do medical professionals have a poor opinion of cloth backing as well?

So i recived them last evening and have tested a ultima, so far they are great! very comfortable, tapes seem to be better than on the old model but have to do some more testing, it doesent have the tapezone anymore so instead it is the normal double-tape, the material both inside and outside feels softer than the old maxi, it is about the same thickness, maybe a litle thicker than the old but that is probably due to this beeing a more absorbant model. But i need to test some more to have a clear verdict on them,

In all it is a great diaper, seems tena at last maybe have started to listen to their customer (or maybe more probably seen sales decline)

nilson said:
Great news! Tena has released the Tena Slip Active fit in both maxi and ultima in sweden! it is completly plastick backed but it doesent have the tapezone :/ just ordered 1 pack of each to try it out.

It is found here https://www.tenabutiken.se/man/allt-i-ett-skydd/tena-slip-active-maxi/

https://www.tenabutiken.se/man/allt-i-ett-skydd/tena-slip-active-ultima/

Hi, i'm swedish as well. I'm still going to write in english though, better for everyone else i guess:) Do tenabutiken ship 100% discreetly? Does it say on the package that tenabutiken is the sender? You can only buy complete packs of diapers, right? I dont know if i'll be able to hide more than about 12 diapers, thats why i'm asking. Hade gött

Pictures!!!!!

Do it now!

Please someone do a review.

I can't read Swedish, but I can read diaper! I really want to try those. I stockpiled a case of the old ones, but use sparingly.

Smashed again, wonder why they would take the trouble to put plastic backed back in production (which is awesome) but then go with a double tape system?

Believe it or not, but some incons like plastic backed. It contains odor better, is stronger and doesnt sag as much, slides /glides on clothing and bedding, and doesnt 'seem' to leak as much. Its nice that a major brand is trying plastic again.

MattyMax said:
Believe it or not, but some incons like plastic backed. It contains odor better, is stronger and doesnt sag as much, slides /glides on clothing and bedding, and doesnt 'seem' to leak as much. Its nice that a major brand is trying plastic again.

One wonders if they actually got around to asking the end-user what they thought of cloth-backed vs plastic-backed, rather than simply the people responsible for buying them on behalf of medical organisations. Then again, I suppose it's equally possible that doctors and nurses also have a poor opinion of cloth-backing. I wouldn't be surprised if the balance between breathability and leakiness favoured plastic-backing when it came to bed-ridden patients.

I just hope XP and Bambino start importing them to North America as they did for the old Maxis ASAP.

This is great news! I hope I can get my hands on these in the US at some point. I'm down to my last case of the old plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxis.

SnugglePants said:
Pictures!!!!!

Do it now!

Please someone do a review.

Yes, post photos or do a review, someone.

Someone has posted 2 pictures of them on DD, looks to be the only ones on the net so far..

Now i have used them for a few nights and can say now it is definitivly one of the best diapers ever, it is by far better than the old plastic backed slip, it is extremly comfortable, very smooth plastic, soft and nice, i only had one issue one tape slid one night but maybe it was to tight or not fastened good enough, and you dont need a tight fit on these, i put them on the scale last day and figures that the ultima is only 20g heavier than the old maxi, and tried one under my pants yesterday, and they are as discrete as the old maxi, maybe even a little bit better actually. (could we only had the tapezone it would have been completly awesome, same tapes but the tapezone added, but you cant get everything ) im sorry that i cant post pics even of only the product, but it is one thing i never do is to make any kind of digital picture of any diaper related settings.

- - - Updated - - -

EmanResu said:
Hi, i'm swedish as well. I'm still going to write in english though, better for everyone else i guess:) Do tenabutiken ship 100% discreetly? Does it say on the package that tenabutiken is the sender? You can only buy complete packs of diapers, right? I dont know if i'll be able to hide more than about 12 diapers, thats why i'm asking. Hade gött

Jess the packed was discrete but it did have "SCA/Tena" as sender name on the sms and on the adress label, the ship via dhl, they dont deliver it home, they ship to your nearest dhl servicepoint (store or petrolstation etc) it isnt as with schenker that you can choose which outlet thou, and jess only complete packages, but i think you can get a free sample if you call tham actually. the packs are a bit smaller than the old packs, personaly i dont mind that the sender is stated but for some and if you need to hide it might be maybe

- - - Updated - - -

Akastus said:
One wonders if they actually got around to asking the end-user what they thought of cloth-backed vs plastic-backed, rather than simply the people responsible for buying them on behalf of medical organisations. Then again, I suppose it's equally possible that doctors and nurses also have a poor opinion of cloth-backing. I wouldn't be surprised if the balance between breathability and leakiness favoured plastic-backing when it came to bed-ridden patients.

I talked a litle to one of the people who runs save express and they had even had people from tena visiting them a while back to try to figure out why the orders had declined so much with the new clothebacked products and to try to sell more and to try to adress the tape issues (which they insisted was due to wrong fitting / affixing)

For myself i think that there are several realy good clothbacks, for example the seni quattro are excellent, but the tenas were really bad

On the last note i wounder why they omitted the tapezone, from the producton codes on the diaper it is made in the same factory in the netherlands as the old plastic maxi so i dont think its because they have it outsourced (but again i think the advantages of the new active fit are bigger than this slight drawback)

nilson said:
I talked a litle to one of the people who runs save express and they had even had people from tena visiting them a while back to try to figure out why the orders had declined so much with the new clothebacked products and to try to sell more and to try to adress the tape issues (which they insisted was due to wrong fitting / affixing)

The customer is not always right, but they are always the customer, and unless you are a monopolist, it's not good business to ignore their opinions. And it doesn't matter how much time, money or effort that you put into a new product, the customer is not obliged to like it. I think far too many businesses sometimes forget that.

babymt said:
Hi nilson. Have you tried both the ultima and maxi now in the ones you got? What is the difference? Which are better?

I have tried both, i think the ultima is better, it absorbs more, but can still be worn under clothes discretly (but it does swell up A LOT when very wet so that is something one has to watch out for in public i think), the maxi has the same capacity as before more or less i think (but i havent been trying more than 2 of them. ) so i think i will go for the ultima, also i have heard that also super and plus are supposed to be avaible as plastic backed soon again (as active fit i presume)

Akastus said:
The customer is not always right, but they are always the customer, and unless you are a monopolist, it's not good business to ignore their opinions. And it doesn't matter how much time, money or effort that you put into a new product, the customer is not obliged to like it. I think far too many businesses sometimes forget that.

I also have to wonder if Tena kept an eye on sale prices of the last of the old stock. Retailers were selling them off at a pretty high margin, and single nappies are still going for rediculous price on eBay.

So a plastic-backed Ultima? ...Now that is exciting! bms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back