Thread: I've been in withdrawal from my antidepressant for 4 days, AND I just got rejected from a job application

Default I've been in withdrawal from my antidepressant for 4 days, AND I just got rejected from a job application

Suffice it to say, I'm really in the dumps right now.

Not only do I not have my antidepressant, as I forgot to order the refill from the pharmacy, but to add insult to injury, I just received a rejection email from the company I was applying to.

This job was supposed to be able to let me move to Canada to be with my fiancÚ and pave the way for a new chapter in my life. Needless to say, that won't be happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklesaurus View Post
    [...]I not have my antidepressant, as I forgot to order the refill from the pharmacy[...]

Did you ask your Doctor or, the Pharmacy... if a short amount could be filled... until the proper order has gone through?
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklesaurus View Post
    Suffice it to say, I'm really in the dumps right now.

Not only do I not have my antidepressant, as I forgot to order the refill from the pharmacy, but to add insult to injury, I just received a rejection email from the company I was applying to.

This job was supposed to be able to let me move to Canada to be with my fiancÚ and pave the way for a new chapter in my life. Needless to say, that won't be happening now.
    Good thought from Marka, maybe they can let you get a filler while you get the next order in.

As far as jobs go, there are many out there. If this one didn't go through, look around the other parts of Canada. You've got your fiance with eyes on the ground too, and there's nothing wrong with getting there and taking up something temporary like being a store clerk while you apply to other things.

I am indeed sorry, When I was looking for a job 15 years ago, I got a lot of rejection letters. Worse, most of them didn't even show the courtesy to tell me I didn't get the job. I kept trying and eventually got what I wanted, a job working IT for a school, and a church music director job. It took more than a year, so don't give up and don't feel bad. It happens to everyone.

I'm very sorry to hear about this recent setback. As others have indicated, the most important thing is to get your medication back under control. You need to take care of yourself in order to deal with life's problems.

Please don't give up on your dream. Coming to Canada will be a great move for you. Canada has weathered the economic recession better than most industrialized countries, meaning there are good job opportunities here. I have every reason to believe that you will find something here. You're a young, vital individual and you have a lot to offer.

In all our lives we will have dreams for the future and we set goals to reach that future. It is not unusual to encounter obstacles along the way. This is a setback, but it is not an end to your dream. Modify the plan, have some patience, and you will get there. I look forward to welcoming you to Canada.