Status
Not open for further replies.

RJDodger

Resident Malamute
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Its been a long-running guilty pleasure of mine to watch little kids cartoons. Mostly Nick Jr. I used to get up at some ungodly hour of the morning to watch Backyardigans, Wonder Pets, and Ni-Hao Kai-lan, all of which are now cancelled. I like Bubble Guppies for a time, but it pretty much devolved into a total cash cow. Same goes for PAW Patrol. I recently picked up Sofia the First (which I'm watching now), and I can almost say I legitimately enjoy it. It gives me so much diabeetus (even though I constantly spew out MST3K/CinamaSins-esque comments, memes, Game of Thrones and Warhammer references). And unlike almost every other kids show I watch, there's fanfiction of it. No, seriously https://www.fanfiction.net/cartoon/Sofia-the-First/?&srt=1&r=10

Anyways, I doubt I'm alone on this, so what little kids shows do people here like watching? And PLEASE try to be a little more imaginative than My Little Pony, we get it, like every other person on the internet watches it -_- (avatar is nearly 4 years old)

Also, miscellaneous comments on Sofia the First:
-The 60 minute pilot isn't on Netflix, but I doubt it makes a difference, so what exactly is Sofia's family background? I know her commoner mother married the king of Enchancia, hence her ascension (is that the right word?) to Princess. So unless polygamy is a thing, her mother would have been single, so who was her father? I can think of 3 distinct possibilities: Her parents are divorced, she was born out of wedlock, or her father died. The first two seem unlikely, to tell the truth, for reasons I don't have to explain. So I'll just go with the third, and "Disney Princess' parents are dead" cliche.
-HOLY MOLEY. Silver and Shadow must be jealous of Clover's chest fur. I'd have to say Clover is my favorite character thus far.
-Does every princess who isn't Sofia have to be a total BITCH?
-Okay, Vivian's an exception. Though I'd be shy like her, if my head looked like it came from Easter Island.
-Why does Amber have such a huge problem with Sofia's friends being commoners when Sofia is herself a commoner?
-Evil(ish) Sorcerer Cedric's plan consists of taking Sofia's Amulet (forget the official name) and using its power to take over the kingdom. But he clearly has quite a few powers of his own- he's capable of telekinesis, animating inanimate objects, master alchemy, transmutation (though Sofia figured that out herself, but that leads to a new slew of problems... more on that later). Point is, what's stopping him from just lobbing a lightning bolt at King Roland, animating the numerous gargoyles in the castle as his personal army, and staging his coup that way? Or even just poisoning the guy, since he's so good at alchemy? And thus far, Sofia's Main Character McGuffin Necklace gives her the ability to talk to animals and summon other Disney Princesses, so what strategic value does it really have?
-If we're keeping a sin counter, you can put one on me for this: Whenever I watch a show, I (mentally) yell "FANSERVICE!" whenever there's fanservice. Mostly whenever Supergirl's on screen in Justice League Unlimited. In one episode, Cedric sees her Amulet and the camera zooms in on her chest. I went FANSER- wait... (I'm screwed up, I guess. Better call Chris Hansen...)
-Sofia and numerous other <12 year old girls turn rocks into gemstones as an entry-level spell they learn in less than 30 seconds. If transmutation is so simple, how does the world have anything resembling an economy or anything of value?
-I'll skip over a bunch of stuff in the racism episode with trolls, but I want to point out this: During the original flashback detailing how trolls were exiled to the caves beneath the castle, the guards that attacked them were unarmed (pretty bad move, since the trolls had clubs). When the trolls give their account, the same guards were now armed with halberds. Kinda seems like they're skewing the story for sympathy, but w/e.
-Sofia's Mother's mouth is, like really big.

I got back into watching Blue's Clues last year, and while technically not a ''little kids''' show, I've been watching Rugrats too.

I'm pretty crazy about Paw Patrol right now. Have bed sheets, comforter and plushies.

I like paw patrol tmnt. Power rangers SPD power rangers samurai power rangers jungl fury power rangers time force
eu iu
et nr
na jt
nal
t e
s

Power rangers RPM

Blues Clue's, Blue's Clues. (Blue's Clues!) :D

I love cartoons and i watch a tons of them.

Currently, I'm watching the more popular ones (Star Vs, Gravity Falls, MLP, Adventure Time,..) but for less popular, you can watch "Over the garden wall" (a CN mini-series) or internet show like Bravest warriors.

Regarding the cartoons targeting younger audience, I'm a huge fan of Sofia and I recently started to watch Miles from tomorrowland, same team, same voice actors as Sofia. It's quite pleasant to be honest.

I tried watching DocMacStuffin' but there is too much songs.. Once in a while like in Sofia is okay. But Dc Mac Stuffin' is "one ep = one stuff kids have to learn = one song". And it's not as well-made as other cartoons.

Regarding Sofia, some of your point are covered in other episodes so I'm not going to spoil anything (especially on the amulet and Cedric). Just, don't read too much into it. Lots of things don't make sense if you do ^^
Also, I can't stand Amber most of the time and I really admire Sofia's patience. In her shoes, I would not show so much composure most of the time. but some of the other princesses are actually quite interesting. I wish we could get rid of Amber and Hildegarde.

Tonight I am watching "Paw Patrol" before I go to bed.
:)

Right now I only watch rugrats, adventure time, and my little pony and occasionally if im feeling little I'll watch shows like special agent oso, blues clues, dora and just recently got into a show called puppy in my pocket. ( found it on my smart tv's app called toon goggles)

Last edited:
re-watching season 4 of Thomas and mlpfim and rugrats and more

The other day, I did watch 'Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends" on WGBH-DT, Channel 2, Brighton, MA.

:smile1:

I've been watching Thomas the Tank Engine and Dragon Tales from time to time and had recently started watching Worzel Gummidge with Jon Pertwee.

I still like an occasional episode of Blues Clues since it was one of my faves as a kid. I still laugh at shows like Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab. I discovered Chowder not too long ago and fell in love with it, especially since I work with food and enjoy cooking. My most recent find is The Moomins (see my profile pic), which is a TV series based off of the book/comic franchise. I already watched all the ones that were on YouTube, and now I want to get the books!

It's not a show, but I collect and watch just about every Disney animated movie ever made. Currently, I have been collecting them all in blu ray. This is something apart from my DL side, but there really is nothing better than cuddling up in a diaper and picking one to watch.

I admit to liking "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" on PBS.

caitianx said:
I admit to liking "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" on PBS.

Me too! :) I also been watch Rugrats.

I love watching cartoon I have seen so many , far to many to menschen them all. I use to watch a lot of "rock and Bullwinkle."

My recent favorite has been Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!
I still have a collection of stuff from my childhood, 90's that I watch.

I'm a huge fan of Spongebob and Phineas and Ferb. Both when in little space and when being an adult too.

Another children's show I like is "Blue's Clues".

I like watching the Disney Channel shows like Princess Sophia I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back