Binge Cycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardener

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Having already posted about my current binge cycle, I started wondering for those of us who still experience the "on/off" cycles of DL activity, how long do your binge cycles last? I don't call my "off" times purge cycles anymore, as I've learned not to discard everything due to the expense and hassle or re-acquiring supplies. I refer to my off times as the "dormant" part of my cycles. Just wondering about length and frequency of the cycle for others. For me, this last dormant cycle lasted almost 6 months. Not sure how long this latest active cycle will last.

I use to binge and purge irregularly and randomly. Now I wear every night unless I can't be bothered.

I'm a heavy sleeper and have once or twice not woken up to the"toilet dream" and wet the bed. So I wear "just in case" but still enjoy wearing.

I oy wake up to my pager going off, an alarm clock or someone telling me its 9am and time to get up.

I'm feeling a binge coming up here soon. I've passed the purge cycle by forgetting about my diaper stash.

It used to vary for me, but over time the purge portion gradually shortened. The last time it happened was almost 2 years ago and lasted for a month. Since then I've been wearing 24/7.

Katarn89 said:
It used to vary for me, but over time the purge portion gradually shortened. The last time it happened was almost 2 years ago and lasted for a month. Since then I've been wearing 24/7.

Agree. I wish i was 24/7 though! The purge stopped a long time ago. I would binge/purge every other week at first. Then later, just hide my supplies until the urge hit. Now, for the last decade or so, no purge or guilt. Just wearing every night.

I went into hiatus for 18 months. I went out of town by myself a few months ago and decided on a "treat" and it felt sooo good! I am now enjoying a few every now and then.

My ebb and flow is very variable. I can go as long as several months without wearing diapers.

I stopped purging years ago, since I am in diapers 24/7 for medical reasons.

I much prefer 'binge' v. the emotionally neutral 'dormant'. 'Purge' sounds too much associated with judgmental religion, especially the 'book' religions originating from the Middle East. 'Purge' is used principally to indicate a cleansing from 'sin.' I threw any such philosophy out of my psyche long ago, recognizing how they were inventions of people who specialized in control freakery over their fellow human beings. My cycle is totally irregular, and dominated by external circumstances. I am sometimes restricted by the situation at home, crowding demands of travel, hobbies, even health situations etc., that put diaper wearing out of the question for a time. On the rare occasions when I find I am free to 'binge' I thoroughly enjoy the pleasure!:smile: There is no hint of guilt afterwards or any compulsion to go into a kind of emotional reverse gear.

My binge started about 3 years ago and is showing no signs of letting up ;)

bambinod said:
My binge started about 3 years ago and is showing no signs of letting up ;)

Haha

Interesting topic. And here I thought I was the only one, LOL! DUH! Wearing comes and goes for me. I tend to wear more when I'm not really busy with my job as I don't ever wear to work. After a great summer including lots of diaper-wearing and wetting, I'm back to being very busy workwise and socially and just am not finding the opportunities to wear...nor do I have the screaming desire. Fortunately, I don't throw everything all out, anymore. Instead I just pack my diapers, boosters and plastic pants away "for a rainy day".

Same here, except that I do wear at work when conditions allow. In fact it can be very useful to have a nappy on when under continuous pressure. Then, things will change, I'll be working overseas or in close quarters with others etc and it won't be possible to wear. This might last anything from a few days to months, but by the time it becomes practical to get padded up again, any boredom or routine that had set in with continuous wearing will have abated and it will be exciting once more. So I don't purge, and my binges are triggered by external factors lasting random periods of time, but I think it's better this way than to just plod along the same all the time. The longest binge was about 6 months of deliriously happy 24/7, the longest enforced absence about the same. That was starting to get a little frustrating, as I can't remember ever being bored with nappies for more than a week or two. Sometimes 24 hours' break is enough to rekindle the interest...

the longest I could go with out AB stuff was about 4 mouths, I think the longest I mad it was about 8 mouths. then when I was in my early 30s I started to wet the bed so now I just wear 24/7

I've had a long binge period where I wasn't wearing for about a year. Then over this summer, I started back up again. About a week of purge (wearing) and then a couple weeks off but sti looking on Abdl sites etc. been "binging" on wearing about a month now but that's probably about to change :).

I think you have your Binge and Purge back to front!

Oops! I think you're right!! I've got that backwards in my post above :p.

Maybe this should be a new thread, but in reading these, I've begun wondering: most of us who have come to accept this is a part of who we are, have "Binge" cycles where we actively use and enjoy wearing, BUT have learned not to go through "Purge" cycles where we swear off them forever, throw everything away, only to spend lots of money re-stocking when the urge comes back. Since we don't "purge", is there an equivalent word to describe the part of the cycle when we've put the stuff away in the closet?

Gardener said:
Maybe this should be a new thread, but in reading these, I've begun wondering: most of us who have come to accept this is a part of who we are, have "Binge" cycles where we actively use and enjoy wearing, BUT have learned not to go through "Purge" cycles where we swear off them forever, throw everything away, only to spend lots of money re-stocking when the urge comes back. Since we don't "purge", is there an equivalent word to describe the part of the cycle when we've put the stuff away in the closet?

Abeyance.

It haven't had an actual purge before.

It is random for me. Usually after a day to a week of wearing I just feel like I want to stop. After a few months pass or so randomly it crosses my mind that "a diaper would feel very nice right now" but due to current circumstances i cannot stock up and I have to throw it all out. As off right now I feel a binge cycle coming around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back