Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banner day at the thrift store

Default Banner day at the thrift store

So while I'm out at lunch, I thought I'd swing by the thrift store. Well, while there wasn't anything there for me, I thought some of you would drool at what I found. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150923_123621_resized.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	24694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150923_123628_resized.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	24695

-RMS

That looks good - you never see that much in UK charity shops

You don't normally see that much in stores here, either, Sambus.

BTW, I so want to be British. Everything sounds so much cooler, and you have waaaay better names for everything there. I think that's half the reason I watch Top Gear. :-)

-RMS

Wowser! That is the best diaper selection at a thrift store. Btw-Top Gear is super funny!

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    That looks good - you never see that much in UK charity shops
    IMHO, incontinence products are rather an odd thing to donate to a charity store. Most people would be quite embarrassed at bringing them in, or buying them. I'm surprised that they accepted them. To the best of my knowledge, charity stores don't usually deal in consumables or hygiene products of any type.

I have seen disposable adult diapers in Goodwill and Savers here in Huntington Beach, CA on a regular basis. My trip to Savers yesterday came up empty, but usually they have two or three different brands available. Unfortunately most of them seemed to be for very large people. Nothing that would fit my 40" waist. (Maybe all the people my size already got theirs there...) I will keep looking though. Ended up going to DMES on Magnolia in Fountain Valley to pick up a package of Abena Abriflex pull ons off their shelf.

All my past purges or brands i dont care for end up at a thrift store. They take them if packed nicely. If one is missing and it's taped shut with clear tape, i will see it back on the shelf later when visiting the store. But, stores policies differ for sure. I think they assume your grandma died? Plus, thrift stores sell used boring underwear, why not new undergarments of the disposable type?
    Last edited by MattyMax; 23-Sep-2015 at 22:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    IMHO, incontinence products are rather an odd thing to donate to a charity store. Most people would be quite embarrassed at bringing them in, or buying them. I'm surprised that they accepted them. To the best of my knowledge, charity stores don't usually deal in consumables or hygiene products of any type.
    Here in the U.S., it seems incontinence products are rather common in thrift stores. My memory of it's a bit sketchy, but I believe I saw a whole bin full of adult diapers of some type at one not too long ago.

I myself have like 8 cases I need to donate.just no way to get them their.

Anybody in the Ohio/ Pa area want some free diapers pm me.

Tetra

If they were in size, I would've bought the Tena Super packs in an instant. And assuming those goodnites were in large, them as well.