Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry 24/7 advice

Default Dry 24/7 advice

I bought a pack after using cases of ATN. I have had an issue with the tapes on every one. The tops tapes always pop after less then 20 mins, last time all 4 tapes poped while I was worjing on my car. I know they run large and ordered a medium after getting a sample of both small and medium with no issues. I think I am a size 30 waist as all my jeans are 32 and seem to fit too loose. Is this a sizing issue are is there an issue with the maker?

Quote Originally Posted by scott476 View Post
    I bought a pack after using cases of ATN. I have had an issue with the tapes on every one. The tops tapes always pop after less then 20 mins, last time all 4 tapes poped while I was worjing on my car. I know they run large and ordered a medium after getting a sample of both small and medium with no issues. I think I am a size 30 waist as all my jeans are 32 and seem to fit too loose. Is this a sizing issue are is there an issue with the maker?
    I have the same size waist as you and still don't know which size I prefer. The small seemed to fit better from what I remember (slightly smaller than a normal medium) but the padding did not come up far enough in the front for my liking. The medium, while roomy, felt almost too big and loose without stuffers. I should note none of the tapes popped off while wearing the smalls (2 samples) but did on the medium (both samples). Though this is a common complaint with Dry24/7 (mainly mediums, I think..?), so I think it is a diaper flaw vs. size issue! The best advice I can give you is to use some clear packing tape (or colorful duct tape) over the diaper tapes to keep them in place!

I haven't had that problem very often with this diaper. If I do though, I end up using the second tape since it is layered, and that usually sticks the remainder of the time. As DLMunky said though, clear packing tape works really well. Seems like medium should have worked OK for you if I remember right.

My biggest problem with the Dry 24/7s was that they started sagging and literally fell off (with no tape failures) before they're full capacity was reached. I have to use the second chance tapes just to keep the fit snug enough after 6-8 hours of use.

BabyJayk

I wear exclusively dry 24/7s and I have never had a complaint with them. The new ones have been great. You must have got a bad batch. Have you considered contacting drycare or xp? Xps customer service has always done right by me.

I'm surprised at the surprise in this thread for tape failures. I'm not much of a 24/7 wearer but my friends who are often used duct tape preemptively when diapering up since they had no faith in those tapes.

I have had no tape issues with the latest batch of Dry 24/7's when I change while out, when at home I use Ducktape to keep my diaper more snug.

Lozza1979

I have worn 24/7s with no tape issues at all, even after being physically active. I actually rather like them. Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience.

I either make sure to massage the tape down, and then it holds fine. You do have to put everything in the tapes favor, thought, you can't just slap it on with light pressure and expect it to hold. Or else I just use a (what I think) is mylar tape to hold it on.

I haven't had a single tape failure in this last batch. Wishkeybravo is right. You need to give the tape a chance. I make sure everything is smooth and taunt before putting the tape on. Then once I do I massage it a bit. Since I've been doing this I haven't even had a lower tape pop off which for me is a chronic issue regardless of what I'm wearing.