Thread: How do you youtube from a PS3?

Default How do you youtube from a PS3?

I have plenty of games that I bought online (my disc games were all stolen I had about 40 some) that I want to play and upload to youtube. One issue... I have no idea how to do that nor do I know how to edit... I already have a youtube channel which I can reveal upon request, but anyway, I just wonder what tips and ideas do you guys have? Is a capture card required? If so how much are they?

The PS3 does not have any native support for recording/sharing footage, therefore to record from a PS3, you would need a video capturing device. The ones for gaming tend to run about $100-$200 USD. I don't do recording, but I've heard that Sony prohibits recording devices via HDMI. I can't confirm because I haven't tried myself however there seems to be some loop polls that can be taken.

Once you have the footage you would need a decent computer to edit the video and finally post on YouTube. The most common video editing software are Adobe premiere, Final cut pro (mac), and Sony vegas pro. If your not planning to do anything fancy with the video, Windows Movie Maker is free and pretty easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by lilkayden View Post
    The PS3 does not have any native support for recording/sharing footage, therefore to record from a PS3, you would need a video capturing device. The ones for gaming tend to run about $100-$200 USD. I don't do recording, but I've heard that Sony prohibits recording devices via HDMI. I can't confirm because I haven't tried myself however there seems to be some loop polls that can be taken.

Once you have the footage you would need a decent computer to edit the video and finally post on YouTube. The most common video editing software are Adobe premiere, Final cut pro (mac), and Sony vegas pro. If your not planning to do anything fancy with the video, Windows Movie Maker is free and pretty easy to use.
    Thanks, I'll look into it.