New diaper order

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I took inventory this morning and realized that I needed to order another shipment of diapers, my last order was (2) cases of dry 24/7 (love them, and had no problems) (1) pack of molicare mediums and larges (I'm in between sizes, 35" waist but I'm 6'2 so I need length and some mediums aren't long enough) (1) case a abena m-4's (plastic) (1) pack of xp medical regular fit
So this morning, I ordered from Northshore care (1) case of there in-store brand larges (had there mediums once, they were to short) 1 pack of abena L-4, 1 pack of tranquility atn's medium and large.
I love trying new diapers, it kind of changes things up for me

Please update with the nirthshore larges fit. I had same problem with the mediums, same height as you. But find them good for daytime discretion. But a longer or taller fit is required for nighttime

I've been trying to decide between a case of Dry 24/7s or a case of Northshore Supreme's for my next order. Which one is your favourite of the two?

I just got my shipment in, I pulled out the three main larges and composited them.
I'm a little disappointed at the tranquility atn larges, they seem real flimsy like a depend, not very thick at all.
The Abena L4 plastic looks good.
The north shore L plastic looks great, I took it folded it in half, then put it on, fits real nice with good front and back coverage. The tapes go together a little closer than molicare larges. The leak guards seem snug against my body, not there yet with capacity. The larges fit so much better on me than there mediums, again I'm 35" waist and 6'2.
The dry 24/7 medium feels a little softer and thicker against my body, but we'll wait and see how the performance is with north shore vs dry 24/7

I've used both Dry 24/7's and Northshore Supreme and found the while the dry 24/7 has a little higher capacity the Northshore seems to work better for me.

dlnotab said:
I've used both Dry 24/7's and Northshore Supreme and found the while the dry 24/7 has a little higher capacity the Northshore seems to work better for me.

In what ways do you find that the Northshore seems to work better? The main thing that's kept my from buying a pack so far is the lack of front and rear waistbands, which admittedly is more of DL personal preference issue than a functional/performance issue.

Tranquility ATN's seem flimsy but they hold a real decent amount. They are the cadillac of insurance paid for diapers many many States insurance will not even cover them anymore probably because they are real quality compared to the junk they want people to wear.

Wore a north shore lastnight and woke up wet, was really impressed, no sagging, stayed snug, had real good capacity. The larges also allow the tapes to land on the front of the diaper which imo are better than side landings especially if you sleep in them. These are a good product in my book, and I will certainly order them again

- - - Updated - - -

I put one on yesterday when I got home and wore until bed, did three settings and it held up but there was no wicking to the seat or back of the diaper, these will only be used for day time now

pampers4U said:
Wore a north shore lastnight and woke up wet, was really impressed, no sagging, stayed snug, had real good capacity. The larges also allow the tapes to land on the front of the diaper which imo are better than side landings especially if you sleep in them. These are a good product in my book, and I will certainly order them again

- - - Updated - - -

I put one on yesterday when I got home and wore until bed, did three settings and it held up but there was no wicking to the seat or back of the diaper, these will only be used for day time now

Did you activate it before use. Did it leak? They won't wick to the back until they are getting full. I've never had one leak that wasn't wet in the back. Dry 24/7s will leak for me and still have dry padding.

dlnotab said:
Did you activate it before use. Did it leak? They won't wick to the back until they are getting full. I've never had one leak that wasn't wet in the back. Dry 24/7s will leak for me and still have dry padding.

Even with bed-wetting, are you saying wetness will totally wick through NorthShore’s before they leak during the night? That would be fantastic.

I always fold all my diapers before putting them on, the north shores are surprisingly a very good product, yes they wick excellently and they have great absorption, I will be keeping these as a regular stock item, I'm actually thinking these maybe slightly better than dry 24/7's

WBxx said:
Even with bed-wetting, are you saying wetness will totally wick through NorthShore’s before they leak during the night? That would be fantastic.

I have never had any disposable diaper not leak and use all the padding while laying down. Northshore's work pretty darn good though.

I got my first package of Northshores a week ago. I've been wearing them to bed and so far not one has leaked. They do wick very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back