• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
1st post. I came to this site hoping to find like-minded people. So far, that's going well, just by reading some posts. The site has already helped me gain perespective and to know that I'm not alone. Want to know anything, feel free to ask.

Welcome! I, too, found a lot of help when I first joined over a year ago, with becoming comfortable with who I am. I hope you have the same experience.

What are your other non-DL interests? Are you strictly a DL or do you have some AB tendencies? I've tried some AB stuff, but it doesn't do anything for me at all.

I have 0 AB tendencies. Not my thing. I enjoy raising my 2 sons with my wife. I play show pitch softball. I play bass for my church. I love all Philadelphia sports (sometimes embarrassing in itself lol). What are some of your interests?

It's great to remain active especially with 2 sons. I likewise hava family and no interest in AB. With your family are you able to participate much as a DL. Does your wife support it?

I have not been able to participate much. Probably a lot of my own doing. My wife says she is ok with it, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around her being ok with me liking to wear and use diapers, when I am supposed to be the man of the house, the protector, you know? I wore the last 2 days basically all day while she was at work and I had the boys. I can get away with that now while they are still young, but once they are older, that too, will become more difficult. So, yea, it's been what I've been kinda battling for years now.

Our stories are much the same. I too wonder how my wife isn't freaked out by my diapers. She's always been good with it. I don't wet much or ever mess which I think helps. I used to think that I'd stop when the kids got older, but now I'm just more discrete or feel confident about telling a story about having s leaky bladder or something. I've heard from other DLs where the wife likes it and it's fun for her too. Not to wear, but it's somehow fun. I wear now most days to work. My wife knows it and accepts that's what I want to do.

I don't think I could ever wear to work, cuddos to you. These last couple of days I've realized how much I do actually just enjoy wearing, and even wetting. How did you break it to your wife about your diapers? Does she participate? If so, how? Sorry for picking your brain, just trying to figure things out.

Sounds similar to my story as well. I've got five kids, all under 10. Only DL, not really any interest in AB. My wife is supportive, to the point that I wear most nights and often during the day. I work from home, so I guess you can say I wear to work, but that isn't really saying much. :)

People ask me what my hobbies are. I say I have five kids. They tell me that's not a hobby. I tell them that if they had five kids, they'd understand. Seriously, my main hobby is homework and "home" projects. :)

Wow, you must be busy lol. Awesome you have a supportive wife. Mine is too to an extent, but we still need to talk seriously about it. I hope to get to the point where I can be comfortable around her and it's not awkward.

eagle1 said:
I have 0 AB tendencies. Not my thing. I enjoy raising my 2 sons with my wife. I play show pitch softball. I play bass for my church. I love all Philadelphia sports (sometimes embarrassing in itself lol). What are some of your interests?

eagle1:
I'm also very active in my church, and sing in the choir. (You might want to join the Christians group here.). I enjoy baking, gardening, and home construction projects. I like woodworking but don't currently have a shop at home. I also help care for my two grandkids. Has your faith created any issues with your DL tendencies?

It's made me feel guilty, as if I'm doing something wrong. That is one of my biggest struggles, is feeling like I'm sinning for what I'm doing.

I don't wet when I wear. That makes it easy to wear to work. I don't need a change. I typically put it on in the morning after I get out of the shower and, if I can, leave it on till I shower the next morning. I told my wife about a year after we were married. I had thought a lot about it, but hadn't worn since we got married. It was a hard conversation to have, but she accepted it and was glad that it wasn't anything worse. I don't think that for my wife my interest in diapers makes her think anything different about me or my behavior. For me this started a long time ago, she knows that it's something I'm not proud of and have tried to kick many times.

eagle1 said:
It's made me feel guilty, as if I'm doing something wrong. That is one of my biggest struggles, is feeling like I'm sinning for what I'm doing.
This is hard. I'm still trying to figure out my own way through those same feelings, but I will say this: Romans 3:23 provides some good context. We are all sinners, and we all fall short of the glory of God. Regardless of if God thinks AB/DL is a sin or not, I'm still a sinner in many ways. Everybody I know is a sinner. We all fall short of perfection. Even the person you most admire in the world is a sinner and falls short of the glory of God. So we are all in the same boat as the rest of humanity. And God loves us anyway. God loves YOU anyway. I honestly and firmly believe that.

I believe that as well. It's just a struggle that I have. Thanks for those words though, it helped.

Hi and welcome to the site. I'm a church music director. I have a degree in organ performance, though now I spend more time on keyboard and piano. I used to play slow pitch softball in a city church league. It was a lot of fun. I'm also accepted by my wife and go to bed diapered most nights except Saturday night because I have to get up early Sunday morning. I think that over time, wearing diapers in front of the wife becomes easier, as long as she is accepting.

Gardener said:
. (You might want to join the Christians group here.). ?

There's a Christians group here!? How do I get connected?

eagle1 said:
I have not been able to participate much. Probably a lot of my own doing. My wife says she is ok with it, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around her being ok with me liking to wear and use diapers, when I am supposed to be the man of the house, the protector, you know? I wore the last 2 days basically all day while she was at work and I had the boys. I can get away with that now while they are still young, but once they are older, that too, will become more difficult. So, yea, it's been what I've been kinda battling for years now.

I very much relate with your experience. I'm a Christian too - and quite conscientious. My wife has been accepting for quite a few years and while that's wonderful, I still struggle with self acceptance. Both on the level of "masculinity" as well as on the level of thinking about holiness...
In one sense, I feel ok about it and logically can reason to myself why it's not that big of deal. But I also have been so deeply inculturated by Christianity that it's hard to shrug off taboos.
It's a tough one. I've not been able to get rid of these desires even after years of therapy. But peace and acceptance is also a little uneasy. Welcome!

Welcome Eagle1. For years my desires were a deep dark secret that haunted me. I thought I would never tell anyone or participate again. But when my marriage ended I only lasted two months before I had a night of wetting myself. At that point it had been 5-6 years since I had done anything besides sitting on the commode and failing to pull down my underwear first. About a year and a half later I had a good relationship with my fiancé and with myself that I joined ADISC and confessed to him that I was DL. I cried because I thought it was the worst possible thing I could tell anyone. I told him I wanted to wear diapers and asked his permission because our wedding was about a month away. He turned out to be very accepting and I got to know him a lot better since he opened up with some of his own private life. We have now been married 15 months. I have worn pullups or diapers pretty much all the time from before our wedding. We have never had any issues other than maybe a little awkwardness that went away after we talked about it. He does not wear and never will but does continue to encourage me to. I had 5 kids as well and he had 2 so we lead very busy lives.

We are both Christians and that part of my life is very major. God is first place in my life. I have found that being completely honest with myself and my husband has removed pretty much all of the guilt. It is amazing to be able to do something so innocent and feel so at peace about it. It is better than therapy for removing stress and guilt because I know longer go on binges of self pleasure. Now it is all about just being someone that feels a need to wear and is not ashamed to fill that need. Before wearing was so rare and euphoric that it lead to unwanted excitement, masturbation and guilt. Now I no longer have to worry about that temptation because wearing 24/7 has pretty much desensitized me of temptations and desires I used to feel. So I am able to relax, drink more water and ultimately be a much healthier and honest person now so I have no guilt. It is hard for me to imagine Christianity being able to put someone where they do not feel the peace I feel. I think health is a big part of my religious experience since my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. My wearing is allowing me to take so much better care of myself than has ever been possible before. I can drink water whenever I want. Before work, during work, before all meals and even right before bed because I know no matter where I am I will have the protection to handle it. That gives me more time in my day to get proper nutrition and hydration. Water is actually more important than food, but how many people are not getting 8 cups per day because they don't have unlimited access to a bathroom an hour later to go relieve themselves? I also take the copper alfalfa capsules and they help me feel great. I am a lot more regular and happy about my reduced risk of cancer with them. Praise the Lord for padding.

Last edited:
Wearing diapers as a form of self care is really a great way of incorporating them into life in a balanced way. I know you and I Fascinating, come from the same Christian denomination -- and because of that I feel somewhat surprised that you were able to develop such a healthy perspective. Good for you!! I'm happy to hear it!

(And maybe I should give that tradition more credit because I'm still a part of it too and enjoy pretty good balance and not nearly as much shame as I once did)

I totally understand where you are coming from. The day I told my wife, I was insanely panicked. I didn't know how she was going to react. I told her I had something to tell her, and when I told her I like wearing, she was like"that's it?" I just still can't wrap my head around her being ok with it, but I'm glad she is. I'm trying to get over my self-conscieniousness and be more comfortable wearing around her, so I can ultimately be more comfortable in general.

From what I have been reading, I have been feeling a lot less guilty. I have pretty much cone to my own conclusion, that if I'm not using them for self pleasure, then I am not sinning. I will continue to pray about this, and grow my relationship with God. Thanks for your input. It helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back