Social experiment at college - yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firzen

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hi everybody :)

Before some time I have started to wear diaper for every night. I do not usually wear diapers at day, and I just behave like bedwetter.

It is big fun for me now, but school will start soon again and I will live with my friend in our college room. I have never said to him that I am ABDL. But now I have quite crazy idea that I could play some kind of game and say him that I have bedwetting problems and I need diapers at night.

This would be a lie of course, but it would offer me environment where I don't have to hide part of myself. Also I think that diapers for night time are still quite acceptable, but I don't know. Imagination that I would play the role of bedwetter is really exciting for me. I am also curious how he would react, what he would do. If he would try to help me somehow or asked me for some questions about it..

But still it would be lie, and it could be not very comfortable for him. I also could say him the truth and continue my common activities. This would offer comfortable environment for me too, but without the fantasy bedwetter role, and my friend could react much more unpredictably. :D

Third option is just to keep secrecy and tell him nothing.

What do you think about this idea? Should I play described game with him, or say him the truth or just say him nothing?

I'd say nothing or the truth, but don't make stuff up it can make things even more complicated.

Keep it secret until he finds out, then you can just say you're a bedwetter.

Don't drag others into your fantasy. You can wear your diapers if you wish and keep it to yourself. That's just maintaining your privacy. If it is discovered despite your best efforts, you can offer the explanation you prefer but it's not to co-opt your friend into your game. People should be able to choose if they're going to play with you.

Trevor said:
Don't drag others into your fantasy.

This. You don't have your roommate's consent to be dragged into this.

This is not a "social experiment" as described, but rather an excuse to try to get around that inconvenient fact.

More generally, you're making a complicated situation, that could easily be spread beyond just a verbal lie between you and your roommate if he tells others, when there doesn't need to be any complications. Just wear with the privacy you can get and accept that while you have roommates in the same bedroom, you're not going to always have as much private time as you'd ideally like.

AEsahaettr said:
I don't necessarily think that the two are mutually exclusive. It comes down to what OP wants to get out of telling his roommate. If he's looking to parade around the apartment in diapers then that's one thing and I'm on your side. But is that necessarily the case? I would have no objection if OP is going to use diapers at night with his roommate in the same room, so long as he's discrete. Diaper up and change out of the used ones in the bathrooms, dispose of his diapers in such a way that they don't bother others and no one else encounters them, keep his stock of diapers and any other ABDL items away, so on and so forth. I don't think there's anything wrong with just alerting your roommate to the fact you wear diapers if it's purely to avoid an uncomfortable issue when sooner or later they somehow discover them.

That said, if this isn't a completely new roommate to OP, OP probably has to address the question of why this never came up sooner.

If the OP had phrased things differently, my answer might have also been different. As I said, I think it's okay for him to wear if he chooses. I even think it's okay to lie about his reasons in order to ultimately protect his privacy. I don't think it's necessary to volunteer but different people have different ways of dealing with it. Pitching the bedwetting story with a desire to see what happens is where it goes off the rails for me. This is should be about doing his own thing, not drawing someone else in.

Here's one problem I see with lying. My roommate and I used to go on road trips, sometimes staying with his cousins, etc. Imagine if you want to travel and he says, "Hey, you better take your diapers. You don't want to get my cousin's bed wet." I think I would want to have a little more latitude in making underwear choices.

I think maybe the third option :) I think you might be idealising his possible reactions a bit. Go for it if you want but lying can get a bit out of hand and bring unanticipated consequences.

Fruitkitty said:
This. You don't have your roommate's consent to be dragged into this.

This is not a "social experiment" as described, but rather an excuse to try to get around that inconvenient fact.

More generally, you're making a complicated situation, that could easily be spread beyond just a verbal lie between you and your roommate if he tells others, when there doesn't need to be any complications. Just wear with the privacy you can get and accept that while you have roommates in the same bedroom, you're not going to always have as much private time as you'd ideally like.

I concur, FruitKitty.
:educate:

Ive been in this situation. Can you ask for a private room? Rent a cheap hotel or camp on the weekends to get your 'fix'? I am a trained bedwetter and i do really like it. But it adds complications when guests are over or at someone else's house. If you say you are a bedwetter, it means diapers are required for sleeping every night or on naps. In close quarters like a dorm, you'll get found out real quick and soon enough everyone on your floor will know. That would be very hard for me to deal with in reality but it is an awesome fantasy.

Private room would solve this problem but it would not give me any additional self-acceptance and that is the point. I agree that it is crazy and maybe stupid idea, but I feel that I really need to regress and explore deepest parts of my soul.

So thanks for all your advices. I will wait with my decision for this moment. :)

Gut instinct is to say nothing, but if need be, I would fall back on something medical (primary) or bedwetting issues (back up) just to avoid any judgment. I hate being under a microscope if it happens, but if showing up to a confrontation I would rather come prepared than having nothing in my hands.

If he has a problem with this 'truth' of you, then he wasn't really your friend; friends have respect. Even more so, if he tells another person; he isn't a friend.

JoshuaH said:
If he has a problem with this 'truth' of you, then he wasn't really your friend; friends have respect. Even more so, if he tells another person; he isn't a friend.

This should be the truth, but sadly the world we live in has plenty of good people who have been brought up to be less accepting of such things. I agree with your beliefs but this is a tough one...

I have already told about it to many of my friends, and everything is just fine. :) The "problem" here is that I don't know my room-mate so much. I have told about it to very close friends which I know for many years. But still it is just funny idea of pretending bedwetting.. :D

Generally in the university's I have been to bedwetting is considered a disability of sorts and the wetters will get more private areas and bathroom facilities. And your suite mates will also be wetters or have a disability of some kind. And because it is considered such you need to register with the student health services so the right accommodation's. Can be made.

So good luck with getting that one over on somebody especially the school!

id go with the third option!

Firzen said:
Private room would solve this problem but it would not give me any additional self-acceptance and that is the point.
Self acceptance can only come from the self.
I agree that it is crazy and maybe stupid idea,
Whether or not it is stupid or crazy is merely an opinion based on what you hope to accomplish. One thing it definitely is is risky, but that's not the same as stupid or crazy. The main question you have to confront is - can you accept the consequences, if it turns out bad, and move on? If the answer is "no" then don't do it.
but I feel that I really need to regress and explore deepest parts of my soul.
If the soul exists I doubt if the deepest parts of it involve fantasies of regressing to an infantile state. Diaper play just happens to be a very desirable pastime for you (and most of us too). It is made even more desirable by the fact that it is abhorred by society and so it contains a delicious, but conflicting, element of secrecy. Secrecy means hiding the truth; in other words - lying. We are taught to believe lying is always wrong, but that may not always be true. Self acceptance means accepting yourself as you are; weird desires, lying about it, and everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back