Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-messing diaper disposal?

Default Post-messing diaper disposal?

I'm curious about how you dispose of your messed diapers? Do you empty the solid waste in the toilet first, or do you just chuck the whole thing in the trash?

How do you manage yucky odors in the trash, both the inside garbage can and the outside receptacle?

Rarely do it specifically because the cleanup is such a hasstle.

Whole thing goes in the bag, shower for like half an hour.. then I double bag and leave my outside bin.

Quote Originally Posted by tg4selfcheckout View Post
    I'm curious about how you dispose of your messed diapers? Do you empty the solid waste in the toilet first, or do you just chuck the whole thing in the trash?

How do you manage yucky odors in the trash, both the inside garbage can and the outside receptacle?
    Well for disposing of the waste just dispose of everything, just roll up the diaper, waste and all and double bag them in the plastic shopping bags and take out the trash often. letting double bagged dirty diapers sit in the garbage for too long the smell will eventually get through and you'll be able to smell it.
    As for the bad smelling can it's going to make the can smell, there's not a whole lot of avoiding that if you go through diapers like I do. Just use nice heavy duty garbage bags and scrub the can out every two weeks or so with warm water, dish detergent and a scrubby sponge or brush no one will use for other stuff.
    That's about all I usually do, I hope this helps a little.

What i do is i just throw the entire thing in a bag, but i also sprinkle a bit of body or baby powder on it to cover the smell and that works nice because i dont need to double bag it.

Leave every thing in the diaper, double bag it and take it to an out side trash can that has a good lid.

If it's solid waste, I empty that into the toilet. Wrap up the used diaper tight, and then double bag the used diaper. Tie both bags individually and make sure both knots are tight. Then place into an outdoor trashcan. For discretion, it helps if there's already like a large kitchen bag that's been taken out, just place it under the kitchen bag so no one sees it, and the odors will be minimalized. Best to do any messing close to trash day so odors don't linger around long.

Empty, then store in a gallon-sized ziploc bag before throwing out. I do pretty much the same with wet diapers.

For me after I have messed I usually have a bag which I put the wet messy diaper in along with the clean up wipes. I then remove the air from the bag tie a knot in and then double bag. I use this method at home or in public. I also do not ever dump the diaper contents in the toilet.

Similar, I clean up as good as I can, trash it first of its not horrible mess requiring a immediate shower. You don't want to forget where you left anything, it will make you go insane

Roll it all up, put it in one of those plastic bags you get from Target or the grocery store, and walk it to a trash barrel at a nearby park. There's lots of dog walkers disposing of their stuff there, so there's no surprise for the garbage guys, and if there's a smell on hot days.... well that's accounted for.