Adult Babies in the Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMitchy

Est. Contributor
[video=youtube_share;SJMhPkma8bw]https://youtu.be/SJMhPkma8bw[/video]

A video about a few adult babies in the media.

Interesting video; Good see you Mitchy. :)

An enjoyable video--thanks!

When it comes to mass-media outings of ABDLs, I guess I'd just like to see more of ABDL and less of other things. Like you, Mitchy, I very much respect Riley. But, like many of the others who've taken the spotlight to represent ABDL, she's got a lot of other things going on. Setting aside all opinions of whether those other things reflect positively or negatively on ABDL, I think we can all agree that they cloud the issue to some extent. Same thing with Stanley's unemployment situation.

Age-play, diaper fetishes, and other cardinal components of ABDL are... well... those things. Gender identity, employment status, etc., are utterly tangential, and so are best treated separately, at least if the aim is to paint a portrait of ABDL. Otherwise the average straight, employed, potty-trained adult who was born with the right genitals will be lost trying to find a common frame of reference. You really want viewers to be thinking, "Oh, that person's not so different from me--except for the diapers." Once ABDL, transexuality, etc., have attained the level of acceptance that homosexuality now has, perhaps we can hold a magnifying glass to people who manifest more than one of those things. Right now, it's just not an effective way to foster empathy for any particularly thing.

Last edited:
OMG are you making videos again Mitchy? Or is this an old one?

It was an amazing video Mitch well done! and you really put some great perspective on the issue about being ab/dl and the issues we all face as a community.

I hope you get back in to YouTubing more Age Regression topics :) missed you about, used to watch your stuff :)

Like the video though I still think some things are still to adult related, I already commented on the video witch part I was on about, keep it up hun

It's really disappointing to see decent people like Riley put themselves out there with the hopes of unbiased reporting and doing good for this community, but then seeing the inevitable happen. It seems like 9 times out of 10 the media will just play into people's preconceived notions for pure shock value, as opposed to actually educating people on the matter. The media encourages close mindedness and fear of things that make us uncomfortable (I could go on for hours about fear mongering in the media). It's just a shame. Keep doing what you're doing Mitchy, you're a great voice for the AB/DL community :)

Sadly you are only seeing one side of Riley I have seen some shocking things what Riley as posted what is really mixs age regression with sexual gratification what makes it wrong, sadly Riley can't be used as a view or a point to help this scene if anything some of his/her actions could damage a clean and friendly regression scene, not everyone as seen this side of Riley and I hope you never do as I was shocked myself for a few years from there blogs and vids I wouldn't of believed it until I saw it.

sadly its not just the media that is creating these problems its also the users, mixing a simple thing of regression with any adult topic not just sex will create problems but so many people are willing to let these topics mix and mess up the scene, :( its sad, this is why I will no longer class myself as AB or anything that is interlined as AB I follow a new Scene well I more then follow me and my wife created it but hey lol

But thing is the age regression seen needs a new light and new hope AB is not it, AB as a fetish side of it and I respect people have the right to have these feelings but lets go to the basics A = adult ok that is the person not the topic and B = Baby this is the topic what people want to act like, BABIES don't have sex, they don't give to hoots what is happing in the world, this needs to be made clear so there should NEVER of been a fetish side, this is why the scene as a bad name and the media will pick on that like he said in his video we are a easy target and this makes us much more of a target I still shocked how many people are willing to go along and accept this :(

I love you sig lol I would agree I wear nappies at times to keep me sane :)

I want him to make more videos, even tho he uses the AB tags he does seem to have many views the same as me and my wife :) we love watching his stuff.

Luelusten said:
Sadly you are only seeing one side of Riley I have seen some shocking things what Riley as posted what is really mixs age regression with sexual gratification what makes it wrong, sadly Riley can't be used as a view or a point to help this scene if anything some of his/her actions could damage a clean and friendly regression scene, not everyone as seen this side of Riley and I hope you never do as I was shocked myself for a few years from there blogs and vids I wouldn't of believed it until I saw it.

sadly its not just the media that is creating these problems its also the users, mixing a simple thing of regression with any adult topic not just sex will create problems but so many people are willing to let these topics mix and mess up the scene, :( its sad, this is why I will no longer class myself as AB or anything that is interlined as AB I follow a new Scene well I more then follow me and my wife created it but hey lol

But thing is the age regression seen needs a new light and new hope AB is not it, AB as a fetish side of it and I respect people have the right to have these feelings but lets go to the basics A = adult ok that is the person not the topic and B = Baby this is the topic what people want to act like, BABIES don't have sex, they don't give to hoots what is happing in the world, this needs to be made clear so there should NEVER of been a fetish side, this is why the scene as a bad name and the media will pick on that like he said in his video we are a easy target and this makes us much more of a target I still shocked how many people are willing to go along and accept this :(

I love you sig lol I would agree I wear nappies at times to keep me sane :)

I want him to make more videos, even tho he uses the AB tags he does seem to have many views the same as me and my wife :) we love watching his stuff.

If you don't like sexual feelings in your AB play, by all means avoid it. Attempting to shame those who do with a fallacious argument is in itself shameful. We're adults engaged in consensual activity. No actual children are involved or desired. It's a pretty simple concept and one that I have no concerns about explaining to the broader public.

We will hang together or hang separately in the mundane world. I think you're grossly mistaken to believe that everyone would be easily accepting of this deviant behavior if only there wasn't a sexual urge involved. We need more acceptance of harmless quirks in our society and that isn't served by throwing those ones we don't like under the proverbial bus.

Only the sexual side is seen as deviant behavior, regression means to regress, NOT to have a little but of that and still have all this, you have all your life to do adult things when you regress you should be leaving adult time at the door if you don't then that is up to you but you should never make it public as this is what has given the age regression scene a bad name, I don't believe regression should be mixed with any adult content, and I respect you feel it as a place but I don't I have been attacked by the so call society and I mean house attacked me attacked just for this very reason because they felt regression had sexual meaning.

Like I said you feel its right but I don't feel its right and I am doing something about it, AB/ABDL is not savable it will aways be linked with sexual feelings now, so anyway I don't agree sex or any real adult topic should be part of regression if you do then its clearly a fetish to you and I don't really want to hijack someone's post regression as NO place as a fetish but hey, if you want to debate it then create a new post and tell me where it is, if not we will end it here with our own views.

We need more acceptance of harmless quirks in our society

This I do agree, sadly ABDL does not just have harmless quirks, sadly there are other perverts hiding in it and leaving the sexual scene part of invites them sadly.

Actually in the BDSM world there has log standing been a subgroup called daddy Dom/little girl and it's a sexual link involving the power exchange between a little and a big. So for ALOT of people there is a sexual component to regression and age play an it has nothing to do with pedophilia.

No one has any right to shame another for there kinks. There is a saying in the BDSM world "my kink is my kink and your kink is yours but I have no right to judge you"

Your experience and mine are different yea and I don't shame you for wearing diapers so please don't shame those no ind sexual gratification in regression.

- - - Updated - - -

Also please refrain from referring to Riley or any transgendered person as he/she it very rude and disrespectful.

Penny said:
No one has any right to shame another for there kinks. There is a saying in the BDSM world "my kink is my kink and your kink is yours but I have no right to judge you"

I don't know. I sort of get what you're saying, but... Empathy is a two-way street. Given that judgement is pretty much inevitable in society, I tend to regard it more as a consequence of an insufficiently structured approach to introducing foreign things. Gather together any group of unsuspecting people, blurt out that you're a homosexual transgender unemployed diaper fetishist with Asperger syndrome, and you'll endure a lot of harsh judgement and general uncomfortable-ness. Find that common ground, though, and ease in on your oddities one at a time, and things will go better for you.

The thing is, TV talk shows don't like to ease in on things. They're going for those gasps. The only variable we, as a community, have any control over when it comes to The Media is which of us decides to become the newest freak in the freak show. And, really, we don't have much control over that. All we can do is advise people to consider the impact to the community and what sorts of prejudices will be inspired by such incautious outings. And, after that, we all get to grow thicker skins.

Last edited:
Luelusten said:
Only the sexual side is seen as deviant behavior

Let's stop there before we even get into the rest of your post. This isn't factually correct. Regression including the wearing and use of diapers is absolutely seen as deviant behavior by most of society and people who see it as deviant won't care whether it's sexual or not.

It's not wrong and one of the points of a forum like this is to help people come to terms with the fact that having a deviant behavior doesn't make them a bad person as long as they're not hurting anyone. But trying to split it up into "some aspects are wrong and others are right" isn't the way to go about it. I'm sorry that it bothers you that some people experience sexual feelings from regression, but they do and you can't simply say that there should be a fetish and there should be regression as two totally separate things. People are more complex than that.

To use myself as an example, I have a diaper fetish, no doubt. I also like regressing a little bit, and I find being treated like a child that's having trouble with potty training quite arousing. I'm not hurting anyone and I would only engage in sexual activities of this or any other kind with another consenting adult. Now, you can tell me I'm a bad person if you want, but I'm pretty happy with my life overall, and I think we'll all do a lot better if we support each other rather than try to further divide up the community. You don't have to be comfortable with what I like to do for yourself, you just need to be okay with me doing it in private.

Cottontail said:
I don't know. I sort of get what you're saying, but... Empathy is a two-way street. Given that judgement is pretty much inevitable in society, I tend to regard it more as a consequence of an insufficiently structured approach to introducing foreign things. Gather together any group of unsuspecting people, blurt out that you're a homosexual transgender unemployed diaper fetishist with Asperger syndrome, and you'll endure a lot of harsh judgement and general uncomfortable-ness. Find that common ground, though, and ease in on your oddities one at a time, and things will go better for you.

The thing is, TV talk shows don't like to ease in on things. They're going for those gasps. The only variable we, as a community, have any control over when it comes to The Media is which of us decides to become the newest freak in the freak show. And, really, we don't have much control over that. All we can do is advise people to consider the impact to the community and what sorts of prejudices will be inspired by such incautious outings. And, after that, we all get to grow thicker skins.

I think you and Penny might be talking about two different things. Penny's post is about the ideal: we should all live and let live as long as nobody is doing any harm. If one is a bit turned off by a certain thing or combination of things, it's best to ignore it and let others enjoy themselves.

Your point, on the other hand, is about the practical reality: Even though people shouldn't judge or try to force their opinions on others, they do it all the time. So the best way, in practice, to deal with people is to appear as "normal" as possible and introduce unusual things one at a time and very slowly, which I totally agree with.

Note said:
The daddy dom/power exchange has never been a sexual thing for me just like ABDL has never been, although I'd be lying if I said that it was not there, I just try to ignore it and not to act on it. Not sure how my "daddy" feels about it though, never cared to ask.

I can understand if you don't want to bring it up, especially if it could being negative consequences for your relationship, but I've had enough experience with trying to hide parts of my desires even from myself to know that in the end it can just make you feel worse. So long as it's nothing that could harm you or anyone, I think acting on your desires even every now and then can help and make you happier in the long run, even if it takes difficulty to accept it at first.

ArchieRoni said:
I think you and Penny might be talking about two different things. Penny's post is about the ideal: we should all live and let live as long as nobody is doing any harm. If one is a bit turned off by a certain thing or combination of things, it's best to ignore it and let others enjoy themselves.

Your point, on the other hand, is about the practical reality: Even though people shouldn't judge or try to force their opinions on others, they do it all the time. So the best way, in practice, to deal with people is to appear as "normal" as possible and introduce unusual things one at a time and very slowly, which I totally agree with.

Maybe, yeah. I guess it depends on whether "no one has any right to..." is more a rallying cry or a statement of belief. As the former, it can be effective--given the right circumstances. As the latter, it's just kind of a recipe for an unhappy life, because it is so out of touch with the practical reality. It's probably a failing of mine, but when I hear "no one has a right to...", my first thought is of somebody stepping out of his or her front door in the middle of winter and getting mad that it's cold. Society may be made up of hard-to-understand people, but as a whole it's rather more mundane and machine-like, and not all that hard to reason about.

Last edited:
The entire ABDL spectrum is everything rolled in to one. That's what people labeled it as. Shaming people because of these things is very narrow-minded. None of us asked for this fetish. None of us asked for the desires of this.

YOU are just as weird as everyone else. Whether you like it or not, people are going to shun you despite of what label you want to give yourself or others in this community. No one person, especially here, comes to be labeled. They come here, to a community, to relate to others. To talk to others with similar interests.

Just because you aren't like many people here doesn't mean your interests are the only ones that get represented.

Adult Babies in the media part 2 is coming this weekend I have too much stuff I neglected to cover.

It's interesting to see the rift between the sexual and non sexual sides. People have very strong opinions. I (tried) to be as respectful as possible towards Riley even though she is very sexual. But like I said, it's interesting...

The rift and potential animosity towards sexual and non sexual age play.

BabyMitchy said:
It's interesting to see the rift between the sexual and non sexual sides.
Sex is always a topic that will garner interest in the media. I believe our aversion to unusual sexual practices arise naturally in us but are greatly amplified by religious beliefs, even among most of the atheists. It's not too hard to understand how someone here, who likes to attempt to regress to the pure innocence of babyhood, would be offended by any suggestion of a sexual connection, especially considering the obsession so many people have with the evil of pedophilia. It's also not too hard to understand a sexual attraction to diapers in the sense that we are aware there are many objects people can develop fetish desires for, even if we don't know the cause. As has been mentioned, this is only a "rift" in the ABDL community. The general public doesn't concern itself too much with this detail because it sees the whole issue either as a suspicious mental illness, or a deliberate, perverted, sinful, activity.

This is why it may be better not to have any media coverage of ABDL activity at all. Two cliches immediately pop up that may be true here: "No news is good news" and "Out of sight, out of mind". A more general approach involving modern theories and research on human development and human sexual desires might be better.

What I want is for ABDL to be known and understood as something that's on a sliding scale, some of us sexual, others completely not, some of us somewhere in between, so that we can stop having to make sure people know that, and just be secure in the knowledge that most people do know that. Then we can have an easier time supporting each other and finding common ground. As it stands now, the whole of ABDL is classified as a fetish. Is not! Is not! Is not!:tongueout:

For me, I can be Little, in which case, where I to do anything sexual, I'd certainly hope Aba would say, "No, no, I don't expect that of you right now. Find a better way to be loving and nice," or I can be big, possibly diapered, most likely not. I keep sexuality away from Littleness because I have to. It'd hurt me not to.

I don't think those of us who take such offense to the sexual side of it will be able to stop being hurt by being viewed as all one thing, until understanding grows. I'd imagine it stings a lot for a nonsexual ABDL to see his or her comfort items sexualized for the sake of sales. I know it bothers me.

Some of the most level headed, well spoken ADISCers I know are star-bellied Sneetches (sexuals), but I couldn't see that when I first joined, because I was trying so hard to be understood as a plain-bellied Sneetch. Then there are those with something completely different on their bellies. That's fine, but until I understood that people here wouldn't try to make me fit in a box, it wasn't.

On another topic, that silly politician doesn't know Stanly from Adam's house cat! Stanly has an injury. Never mind the body part. I can't remember him ever telling me. He also doesn't want to be being expected to do a job, get triggered, have a panic attack, and lose the job. What a concept!

Reactions: ArchieRoni
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back