Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Just...Don't Know Anymore

Default I Just...Don't Know Anymore

It seems like every time something good happens to my girlfriend, here come her shitstain excuses for parents to ruin literally EVERYthing! Every time she goes home for the weekend it's the same shit: they belittle and insult her. So I have a question for you all, and this is something that I want to know. "Does a parent, under ANY circumstances, have the right to insult or abuse their child physically/emotionally in any shape or form?"

And for any of you naysayers who think I'm making this up, here is a suicide note that she left on her tumblr page earlier tonight. Do not worry, thankfully I stopped her this time. It is quite lengthy, but it needs to be read.

I love my parents, but everytime I visit them, they make me feel useless, ugly, the fact that they called me ugly proves that point, wonít let me be me, I feel restricted here. I feel sad here. and I donít learn my lessons cause I do end up missing them, just not their insults cause tho I could easily just brush it off, it cuts deep because of who it comes from. everytime Iím here, I just want to do dieóno not get out of here, but die. because they remind me of every reason to hate myself this much to the point of not wanting to exist. I canít stress out in front of them cause ďoh no, you have no reason to stress. grow up already, youíre in art school, itís not that hardĒ and I canít let out any tears in front of them cause ďoh no here she goes again, being a whiny babyĒ. and if Iím happy ďstart acting your ageĒ. no matter what I do, I canít be myself. and when Iím quiet around them, ďwhy donít you open up to us?Ē I was gonna dye my hair and boy oh boy was I excited for that. but thatíd only make me look even more pathetic and childish and ugly. I used to be skinny and they said I used to look so good. but I guess my weight caught up and now Iím a fat lardĖwell at least thatís what they call me. oh, and the minute they got to my apartment, they started taking over and cleaning up and then when throwing things away. hey, itís my apartment, Öwell was. it doesnít really belong to me. they pay for it and so does my boyfriend so it belongs to them. so as of right now, officially, I donít exactly have a home. and that makes me feel so guilty so I might just live with them for now on. they also told me how unlovable I am and that anybody who says so is fucking lyingóyou know who you are you liars. gosh, every reason to kill myself all in one place. I really just want to so badly. there is absolutely no reason to love myself. a noose seems nice, or I can easily stab myself. but I think I might just over dose in my pills. theyíre perfect for killing myself. uggh, they also remind me of how much I couldíve died back then when I was a small baby. and yeah, I get it, I shouldíve been dead. I kinda wanna stop of the fact that Iím not even suppose to exist. oh, and get this, my dream of being a graphci designer/illustrator!! yeah, that ainít gonna happen!! how embarassing that was announcing it to a teacher and in front of third yearís class!! I mustíve looked ridiculous. me? following my dream? yeah right. I have no skills. might as well drop out. also, a friendly reminder that I will be alone and homeless by the time I do graduate if I graduate. and Iíll be alone either this year or next year, so I donít get why I should bother anybodyÖliterally. Iím so bothersome!! fuck it, Iím gonna end up killing myself. farewell to everybody and hope you have a great life."

Believe me now? Good. Now as for that question I alluded to earlier; "Does a parent, under ANY circumstances, have the right to insult or abuse their child physically/emotionally in any shape or form?"

Brian, it is Aaron. Sorry about your girlfriend, I pray for her recovery.

From a moral standpoint, parents shouldn't under any circumstance insult or abuse their offspring whether physical or emotional. What goes through the minds of some parents that abuse their children is beyond me. I wouldn't know what is truly going on with anyone unless I was there to see it for myself. If what your girlfriend is saying is in fact true then I think if she wants to maintain some level of sanity, she'll need to break off contact with her parents and get her life sorted out. If they're only giving off negativity towards her then there's no reason she needs to visit them every weekend. People can be cruel, even one's own blood. I guess another option would be to sit down with her parents and have a sane and rational discussion about why they think their own daughter is ugly and useless. Maybe there's more to it than what is being said.

Best of luck!

I am not in any way proficient in any legal capacity to answer this question.

However lets move back to the more important aspect.

Help your girlfriend help herself. She need to go and get some help RIGHT NOW!!!

If you have not already taken her to an ER or urgent care facility then I would strongly suggest that this happen.

At the very lease she needs to contact a mental health crisis line!!!!

I do believe that there is an article that was recently posted on this web sight that has all of that contact information.

Deal with the mental crisis first and in the process she should be able to find out about getting help with this form of psychological abuse.

But please stay with her and get her HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!

Speaking from first hand knowledge this is not just going to go away and be better in the morning.

Egor

There's a college counselor she was supposed to meet up with earlier this week, but she didn't go because she didn't want to miss school. I knew I should have just taken her there regardless. I emailed the guy and hopefully I can get an appointment set up for her asap, I don't care what time or day it's at. She doesn't think she needs help, but she really does. I've been doing all I can to help her, but there's a time where a professional can do more.

I just looked, so if you go to the Article forum the very first article is the Suicide prevention information.

I would call them and get her to start talking to the on phone councilors and not wait for a school councilor to call on Monday.

We are here to help you the best we can.

Keep us posted.

Egor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWing View Post
    There's a college counselor she was supposed to meet up with earlier this week, but she didn't go because she didn't want to miss school. I knew I should have just taken her there regardless. I emailed the guy and hopefully I can get an appointment set up for her asap, I don't care what time or day it's at. She doesn't think she needs help, but she really does. I've been doing all I can to help her, but there's a time where a professional can do more.

Good for you, show your love to her!

Thanks, I'll look at stuff in there. And it's technically a church pastor, but he works with cases like this for a lotta people, especially college students. He's just the reference that my school has posted. Sadly, apparently he went out of town or something, so I might try to find another place to help her in the meantime.

Good to hear.

If there is any more advice we can give let us know.

You are doing a good job. Just stay with her and keep her talking.

Egor

Thanks. She's gone to bed for tonight, so all I can hope for now is that tomorrow will be good for her and that she makes it back to our apartment safely.