Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodnites Working Better!

MichaelWeston

Talking Goodnites Working Better!

I used goodnites for a long while (They are my favorite). And for a long time they did not fit amazingly (I have a 34 waist). Well I got some today, and they fit perfect, to the point where it is like they are designed for a 34 inch waist. Have they changed since about December last year?

Congrats on finding the comfort in them! I finally got my first pack in about 14 years a month ago, and they fit so nice. (I dropped 100 pounds to go from a 38 to a 30/29 in a year) I was very surprised that they fit. Don't know if the design has changed, but it seems like there are many parents with larger/older children with bedwetting issues or developmental issues putting a lot of pressure on GoodNites for a larger size (since they have made a good product for quite sometime), perhaps they have changed the elastic waist recently to address these complaints without introducing a larger XXL size. Just my 2 cents.

This is very good news indeed, I have a 36 inch waist and I am considering getting a pack now that the sides are indeed stretchier. Has the absorbency increased as well? If so I might start wearing them more regularly.

The absorbancy is the same as it has been in recent years. And although the sides will stretch more, a 36" waist will likely cause the sides to rip because after careful comparison the sides are actually less material than they were formally but they are stretchier.
    OP: That can't possibly be the case, I am sure they fit better than before but they won't fit that large a waist as well as they fit a 28" waist.
    My advice is if your waist is 30" or less Goodnites are something that you may want to try, if you are larger than 30" waist than go with other products.

I wish they would make a larger size too. I'd have to lose a lot of weight to be able to fit in one, even with the stretchier sides.

I have a 32" waist and they fit me with room to spare. They don't hold a lot, however.

I have a 40" waist, and I use them all the time, they are a real snug fit, but they work really well, especially when I put a GoodNites True-Fit pad in them, that thing can absorb a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    I have a 40" waist, and I use them all the time, they are a real snug fit, but they work really well, especially when I put a GoodNites True-Fit pad in them, that thing can absorb a lot.
    How long can you wear them until the sides tear? I would be willing to bet they would not last very long before they rip some. Alternatively, it is possible your waist size is not actually 40".... anyways, like I have said many times before just because you can just barely get them on does not mean they fit especially as intended or "well". Like I said before the optimum waist size for these to perform and fit as intended is 30" or less. Can someone with a larger waist get them on, sure they can, but they will be very prone to leaks, and because the sides are stretchier, they are actually weaker material and more prone to ripping quicker than the old sides. With a 40" waist you would be much better off with an adult sized product that actually fits you correctly and won't leak.

They fit larger sizes now because if you look at the package it says "now 25% stretchier" because I too have noticed that they are a lot bigger

Quote Originally Posted by okmis View Post
    How long can you wear them until the sides tear? I would be willing to bet they would not last very long before they rip some. Alternatively, it is possible your waist size is not actually 40".... anyways, like I have said many times before just because you can just barely get them on does not mean they fit especially as intended or "well". Like I said before the optimum waist size for these to perform and fit as intended is 30" or less. Can someone with a larger waist get them on, sure they can, but they will be very prone to leaks, and because the sides are stretchier, they are actually weaker material and more prone to ripping quicker than the old sides. With a 40" waist you would be much better off with an adult sized product that actually fits you correctly and won't leak.
    They never ever ripped on me, the sides are perfectly fine, even if I don't wet one, I can reuse it the next night, the fit is snug, but not uncomfortable, I don't ever need to stretch them, you would be surprised how much they can hold, they can't be flooded by an adult, you would leak like crazy, but they can absorb a lot, especially if you put a GoodNites True-Fit pad inside of them, since the pad isn't waterproof, its a great booster. There's not any adult product that would do the same as a GoodNites, nothing come close to them, medical made products will never ever be the same, I can post a picture of myself with them on if you want, I won't post my face, just the waist down if you don't believe what I say here. And I also wear the Parents Choice Nighttime Underwear and the fit is even better than GoodNites for me they go higher http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/parents-.../1455224923245