Thoughts about 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

CA1959

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello I have been have the the thoughts of just wearing diapers 24/7 but for whatever reason I haven't I don't know maybe im nervous about it I mean I would really like too. Is there any advice others can give about going 24/7. Thanks

CA1959 said:
Hello I have been have the the thoughts of just wearing diapers 24/7 but for whatever reason I haven't I don't know maybe im nervous about it I mean I would really like too. Is there any advice others can give about going 24/7. Thanks

For what reason? What will it accomplish apart from seriously denting your income, serious inconveniencing yourself by necessitating diapers in all situations (ie, having to find a place to change publicly, at work, visiting family, etc).

There really is no benefit to being 24/7 apart from not having to clean your toilet in your house\apartment (assuming you're going 100% diapers [as in using it for fecal incontinence]). If you're anything like me, you go on kicks for maybe a week or two, and then you get sick of it for a while. I wouldn't recommend it just because there are so many health implications behind wearing diapers all the time.

Sleep on this decision for a good long while. If your desire to wear all the time stays after a month or so, then give it a go. I wouldn't completely untrain myself of the toilet in the event you get sick of needing diapers and want to give it a break for a while.

A lot of ABDLs fantasize about 24/7. Many try it for days, weeks, or months at a time. Relatively few actually end up sticking with it after trying it.

For most people, the inconvenience outweighs the fun. Diapers are expensive if you use a lot of them. Diapers are uncomfortable in hot weather and during active activity. Wearing diapers all the time means having diapers on hand to change into at all times, including while out in public and at work. It means being prepared to explain to friends, family, and coworkers who are likely to find out at some point.

I'd say try it for a weekend first, then a week, and then maybe a couple of weeks. Once you have a better idea of how workable and enjoyable this is for you, then you might start doing more thorough research about long-term considerations.

I did it about 2 years ago and never looked back. I love it! You just have to decide if it's for you. Don't just set a date and go for it, ease into it. if it's something you want just do it nobody is going to stop you. The cost for me is about $110/month.

Deciding to wear 24/7 for non medical issues is a big decision that can have lasting issues some people find once they loose control,it's hard or Impossiable to get control back. Most times you can gain control back over time but every one is different.

Also if you are going to wesr premium diapers like dry 24/7's it does get costly
3 to 4 diapers aday
Diaper rash cream
Wet wipes for cleaning

Can add up to over $250 per month this is what I spend on diapers every month for my OAB issue and having to wear 24/7 not by choice.

Really think about it before you go 24/7 by choice.

I like balance in my life and 24/7 does not work for me most of the time. When I wear for extended times, I still use the toilet frequently and never use diapers intentionally for #2. Carrying a bag around is not me; adding a diaper bag to my life is unacceptable. My favorite times to go 24/7 are road trips and vacations.

In my opinion, the added hassle and cost make it impractical for me. There are other things that I would rather spend $200 a month and $2400 a year. My current diaper habit is expensive enough.

My advice would be to budget how much you can afford to spend on diapers every month and decide how much you would like to spend each month. That is a good start. Another part of that is figuring out how to get a month's supply of diapers at a time. It is good to know the supply part of things to be less nervous.

Another part that can bring anxiety is wearing all the time. What diapers can you wear around town? What ones can you wear to work? This can only be learned through experience. Like Fruitkitty said, start with smaller experiences and build up from there. I like to still use the toilet so even pull-ups will still last me all day. Those are so discrete, I can wear anywhere. Bambino Belisimos and Dry 24/7s require a little more care in my clothing choices to be discrete.

The final concern is how going 24/7 may affect a person's bladder training. This is an individual choice. Some people go at the slightest urge and loose bladder capacity and holding strength. Some practice going in the diaper without thinking and then are surprised when they are not diapered. I always hold my bladder a while and decide when to go. I started doing this after having too many close calls after extended diaper wearing times. Makes it easier to switch between underwear and diapers quickly. My bladder capacity and holding strength is still really good even after extended diaper times.

My best advice is to figure out what works for you. I have thought many times about just wearing diapers all the time. That is about as far as I go. Others go full time. How will you be balanced?

It always seems funny when someone talks about going 24/7 as if it is some kind of contract. If you are a diaper lover and are in a position where you can wear whenever you want then just do that. It's not some kind of long term commitment that you have to make. Seeking practical advice for day to day concerns while diapered, like traveling, jobs, health, risk, etc., is fine, but you are under no obligation to wear all the time. Ever. Simply decide what to wear on a day by day basis and wearing 24/7 will come naturally, if that's what you always choose. Just have enough supplies on hand to keep that option open.

Last edited:
I tried 24/7 while on a 2 week vacation. It lasted about 8 days. then I got board. I wanted to go ride a bike. or go swimming. or go hang out with some friends. or, well.. I got bored!

I realized that a huge part of the fun of something is wanting it. I want chocolate fudge icecream with cherries and sprinkles all the time, But I would get sick of it if I had it all the time.

Right now I wear all weekend most weekends. When the weekend is over, I wish I could wear longer, and that's ok. I have something too look forward to maybe the next weekend!

Foxroxsox said:
I tried 24/7 while on a 2 week vacation. It lasted about 8 days. then I got board. I wanted to go ride a bike. or go swimming. or go hang out with some friends. or, well.. I got bored!

I realized that a huge part of the fun of something is wanting it. I want chocolate fudge icecream with cherries and sprinkles all the time, But I would get sick of it if I had it all the time.
I've had identical experiences in the past and know the feeling. As an older person I am in a position where I can comfortably wear whenever I want, so I do have an advantage that many of the younger members here don't have. I've been wearing 24/7 for the last couple of weeks and I've noticed something curious this time: after two weeks it is still mostly enjoyable. There have been a few times on certain days when wearing a diaper was not overly appealing, but, at the same time, there was nothing special about switching back to regular underwear either, so I simply decided to stay in diapers. I matched the diaper to the activities that I planned, wearing GoodNites when concealment and restroom convenience was important, and being fully padded at other times. There would be no reason to wear a diaper under a swimming suit, as long as you aren't incontinent, so swimming should not be an issue. You don't normally wear underwear with a swimming suit, do you? Don't make some kind of commitment to be in a diaper every moment of every day if that interferes with having fun. You can enjoy wearing some kind of a diaper anytime you would normally wear underwear and still get involved in all kinds of fun activities.

Everybody has their own reasons and comfort level. . .I do not currently wear 24/7 for my own reasons, but I have thought about what it would be like if I could.

I would wear some form of protective undergarment all the time. I would wear a regular tape-on diaper most of the time, but an underwear style pullup when I needed to be especially discreet.

After I started this, I would never wear regular underwear at any time for two reasons: first, I would not want to risk a legitimate accident after prolonged diaper use and second, I would not want to have to explain to anyone why I was wearing a diaper one day, but not the next.

To anybody that may notice, I would want to appear to be medically incontinent and would behave accordingly.

It would be acceptable to mess my diaper, but I would avoid doing so unless I could change immediately afterwards. ( just out of courtesy to myself and those around me.)

I would have no problems carrying a diaper bag, as I already carry a backpack with my laptop in it wherever I go.

As for expenses, if you buy in bulk and go with generics, the cost for the diapers themselves are about $70/month. (Walgreen's Certainty Briefs @ 52 cents each, 4 diapers a day, 4 packs a month, any extras can roll into the next month or in case of additional changes or faulty diapers) Add an additional $10-20 for wipes and powders. I know generics do not give many that adult baby feeling, but they get the job done. Anyway, I could do it for less than $100 a month.

Now, if you are wearing diapers due to legitimate incontinence with a diagnosed underlying condition. . .talk to your doctor/insurance company. With my current condition that is suspected to be bladder damage caused by untreated urinary retention (read my previous forum/blog posts), I could potentially get up to 300 diapers a month paid for by my insurance, that is enough to change every 2 hours. (Varies by how severe the condition is.) Apparently, reimbursement for diapers bought in a store or from a medical supply company is an option, but with a maximum limit on the amount.

I'm with drifter on this... I've been (my own unique form of...) 24/7/365 for a little over two years. I wear all the time, but make adult choices about when to use my diapers (pullups) vs. when to use facilities. I gotta be me, and ME wears diapers because I can't trust myself in all situations, etc. Yes, I'm also older, so I live my own life the way I want, but I think anyone can find balance, in their lives. It reminds me of those that flood their diapers, and then complain that they leak, and are worthless. Give me the worst diapers, some good boosters, some plastic pants, and I'll give you a great diaper experience. It's all what you make it. If 24/7 to you means you do it ALL in a diaper, then good luck with that. You're going to need that $100-$200 / month others are talking about. But, if you wear, and use, as you choose, you're still.in diapers, wet or dry, and you continue that, at your own discretion. As for those that THINK you'll get an irreversible result, I say nonsense. That's just wishful thinking. Yes, it def gets easier to go, by choice, the longer you wear, but you are never losing control, unless you have that terrible accident others have talked about. On a day that you don't want to wear, you just pee in a pot, just like a big boy/girl. All of the rest of it is fantasy, which you also control.

Bottom line, 24/7 is a state of mind, UNLESS you've had that nerve-shattering accident, and need them for real.

PS IT NEVER GETS BORING, for me, because it's how I'm different, and I just love not being with the Lemmings!

LittleAaron said:
I do not currently wear 24/7...

I can tell, your numbers are way off here.

LittleAaron said:
As for expenses, if you buy in bulk and go with generics, the cost for the diapers themselves are about $70/month. (Walgreen's Certainty Briefs @ 52 cents each, 4 diapers a day, 4 packs a month, any extras can roll into the next month or in case of additional changes or faulty diapers) Add an additional $10-20 for wipes and powders. I know generics do not give many that adult baby feeling, but they get the job done. Anyway, I could do it for less than $100 a month.

You might be able to get away with wearing only 3-4 diapers a day with a premium brand like Abena or Dry 24/7, but there's no way in hell that 4 generic Walgreen's briefs would last a full 24 hours short of dehydrating yourself. At bare minimum you would need at least 6, but you'd more reasonably go through about 8 over a 24 hour period if you drink a healthy amount of fluids and change before leaking, which I've found tends to occur when I wear one for longer than 3 hours. Do the math again with realistic numbers and it comes out a bare minimum $93.60 a month and a more realistic total of $124.80 per month. Compare that to what you would be paying wearing more expensive, but fewer premium briefs and any savings are minuscule to nonexistent, plus you have to figure in the additional discomfort, higher likelihood of leaks, and inconvenience of having to change more than twice as much.

I've done the math in the past comparing M4 vs Depend. In The end it was actually cheaper to use M4 in the long term.

During that test I've used about 5-7 Depends compared to 3-4 Arena M4.

Unless you have the time to change every two hours which seems very impractical considering having to change several times at work. It would increase the amount of time you consume vs normal bathroom breaks.

I work in an environment where the more time you lose the more money you lose (or increase your chances of getting a spot at a truck stop).

I am in diapers 24/7 for medical reasons for 25+ years,
Being disabled with Cerebral Palsy and Autism, diapers are a major expense for me.
Being in diapers 24/7 is definitely not a choice for me.
If one does not ever want to go potty ever again voluntarily, I say it is one's own personal decision.
If you want to do it, go ahead.
I will not stop you.

I think that you have to figure out what you want. Do you want to be fully incontinent and have to clean yourself up in public bathrooms or at work? Do you want to have to carry diapers with you all the time and plan your life around that? I've been wearing nearly full time for several weeks, but I don't let it control me. I don't mess as it's way more mess than it's worth and I prefer a dry diaper to a wet one. If you really want to be tied to a diaper and the only way you can get what you want is to live that way, then go for it. However if you'd rather just do as I do and wear as much as you can, but don't let it control you, do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back