Thread: amazed and distraut "suicid"

D1aperedIncognito

Default amazed and distraut "suicid"

Well a 15 year old family friend just died. And we know its somewhat drug related. Its just amazing a kid has a loving family and every advantage. But all in vein because of drugs and other unknown factors. So sad. Im fine its just im aww struck AND FEEL FOR THE FAMILY

That is sad. Sometimes people get in over their heads and can't get out. The friends and relatives are asking themselves, "Why didn't we see this happening?" "Why didn't we do something?" I hope the family gets counseling from a professional of some kind to help them deal with their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by D1aperedIncognito View Post
    Well a 15 year old family friend just died. And we know its somewhat drug related. Its just amazing a kid has a loving family and every advantage. But all in vein because of drugs and other unknown factors. So sad. Im fine its just im aww struck AND FEEL FOR THE FAMILY
    I'm sorry for the loss. Drugs can really play with one's mind. Maybe he was doing drugs because of depression. I suffered from depression in college and I had a lot of mental demons. I would binge drink and smoke a lot of pot to try and wipe out my mind. Eventually I had a psychotic break. You never know what's going on in someone's life unless they really open up to you.

D1aperedIncognito

Yep

It's a really tough life that some people grow up in. People look at some families and say, "Wow they seem well off they must be happy".

Not always do people show signs of depression. One could look happy around others but deep down, it's another story.

One Robin Williams took his life. He always played such happy, life loving roles in beloved movies. No one saw it coming.

People tend to hide the depression and/or just doesn't talk about it. They put up a front and act happy. Usually others only see the colorful cover and don't usually see the signs.

Growing up one of my closest family members took their own life. It's easy to wonder afterwards how someone with so many apparent advantages and who was so well loved reached a point of ending everything, but taking that approach deals with it from a logical standpoint. That's the opposite of mental illness or addiction, where the mind struggles to perceive things in a measured and rational way.

It's extremely sad that cases like this happen. Sometimes the red flags are there and other times there's no clear sign that a person is struggling until they make the attempt to take their own life. As always, it's very sobering to read of such awful personal turmoil and the effect it's likely to have on that family. It should also be a reminder to all of us to reach out to anyone who we think is having a tough time. Often when you offer support and comfort to someone, it has a truly profound and positive effect on that person.

D1aperedIncognito

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    It's a really tough life that some people grow up in. People look at some families and say, "Wow they seem well off they must be happy".

Not always do people show signs of depression. One could look happy around others but deep down, it's another story.

One Robin Williams took his life. He always played such happy, life loving roles in beloved movies. No one saw it coming.

People tend to hide the depression and/or just doesn't talk about it. They put up a front and act happy. Usually others only see the colorful cover and don't usually see the signs.
    The super talented always have there demons