Status
Not open for further replies.

scaifester

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I want to hear your thoughts.
I have been happy with medical diapers - tranquility atn, m4, depends, wellness, attends, tena.
I am a DL so I am not interested in prints. What makes the abdl diapers (bambino, rearz, cushies, sdk) worth the extra expense? Is it the extra comfort, extra absorbency, crinkleness? Or is it only the prints? I haven't tried bambinos or rearz or any abdl diapers before. Acquiring them will be more complicated and I am just unsure whether its worth the trouble if its only for the design. I may do it if people truly like the diaper itself more than the aforementioned.

Aside from the single tapes to a side from ABU Cushies and SDKs, there's not much reason to go with AB diapers. Bambino's are excellent but they have Biancos with no print or their adult incontinence product, Total Dry X-Plus, which is the same as a baseline Bambino. Rearz also has Inspire, which is plain white. Snuggies Overnights are matched by their all white Snuggers. The only thing you can't match without a print is Bambino's Bellisimo. It's their most absorbent/highest capacity product but I often find it to be more diaper than I need. You can determine that for yourself.

Capacity. What medical diaper can take on Bellissimo? A great overnight diaper. Comficare L10's are every bit as amazing, if you can get them.

I'd say that the ABDL ones can't be beat when it comes to capacity. There are some thick & absorbent medical ones. But it seem like all the ABDL ones are highly absorbent.

I really enjoyed Teddy Bambinos. I think they are the best Bambino for the diaper. I would get these all the time if they were cheaper. I am using tranquility ATN now, but I do enjoy Molicare. Love the purple and I've never been able to wear one long enough to leak one.

This DL has a mix, and besides the great quality of some of the ab diapers likes the styling too. If you were wearing underwear, whity-tighties are boring and plain and there's a plethora of designer underwear available to spice things up in cut, functionality and visual appeal. I see diapers the same way, really don't like medical prints and writing on my diapers and the prints add a lot of fun and variety to my 24/7 diaper wearing. Now if only I could convince an AB company to make a puppy dog print! (Woof!)

I really like the prints but it's the cost I don't like. But I notice the medical premium diapers are cheaper.

I am a DL and don't care for the prints but i love a thick high capacity diaper.

Right now i wear A+ level 4 from XP medical but have wore Bambino Biancos.

For me the A+ Level 4 are the best cost wise for me at this Time.

They will beat cost per oz capacity over tranquility atn, m4, depends, wellness, attends, tena.

http://www.xpmedical.com/dtest.html

I can think of a few reasons to chose ABDL diapers over medical grade incontinence undergarments.

- ABDL diapers are usually made from higher quality materials. Since they aren't trying to compete on cost for your insurance dollars, they can afford to use higher grade materials; Thicker plastics, better tapes, more SAP, better wicking, softer lining, etc.

- ABDL diapers are generally higher capacity. While there are a couple high capacity medical grade undergarments, Most don't even come close. Even those that do, such as Abena X plus and Dry 24/7 are still only hitting the mid range of ABDL capacities.

- ABDL generally use more SAP. That means more swelling, and more bulge between your legs. It also means you won't press out liquid as easily, or get the gravity leak were a medical grade garment will sometimes drain when you sleep on your side.

- ABDL don't try to be discrete. While medical grade undergarments strive to be quiet and unobtrusive, ABDL diapers strive to make you more aware that you are indeed padded. Thicker than necessary padding, louder, crinklier plastics, colorful prints, the previously mentioned swelling when wet, and some are even scented. Some medical grade garments are so like normal underwear, that you can forget you're in a diaper. ABDL Diapers by design never let you forget.

- ABDL diapers are cute. Even if you aren't an AB, walking around knowing you have a bunch of bears on your butt is it's own kind of awesome.

I usually switch between Molicares and Bambinos because they each hold their own charm. I personally generally prefer wearing Molicares just because of the way they feel and how snug they fit, but Bambinos (Classicos specifically) are good for when I want to get into my babyish headspace; the extra thickness and the prints that say "Baby" on it are usually good at doing that.

I like ABDL diapers because of the cute prints and designs, the thickness and absorbancy and the crinkly noise they make. It is just my little side wanting the features that I listed on the diapers.
I do like the Abena M4 diapers a lot though they are the right amount a thickness and they have the right amount of absorbancy for me.

The biggest reason to switch to ABDL diapers is liking them better. They tend to have more absorbency, more crinkly, softer plastic backing, and more appealing designs over the medical diapers. My preference is an all-white diaper with soft outer plastic and high absorbency. My favorite is Dry 24/7.

I do not generally buy ABDL diapers. I have tried samples of ABU products and used Bambino products in the past while Dry 24/7's were not available. They just do not match my interests. I may try the Snuggies and Rearz in the future, but, for now, Dry 24/7 has me covered.

Buy what you like. If what you are buying now works good, awesome. If you don't like prints like me, cool. :) If you want to try the ABDL diapers or not, have fun either way. It is more than just the prints that make them more expensive. Worth the extra cost? We know my answer; what is yours?

Generally, ABDL diapers tend to be the best at their job with more absorbency than normal, though some non-ABDL diapers (Abena and Molicare) are also great in this regard. But I personally also really enjoy the crinkle, the plastic backing, and the prints, so I'd say that the reason I am more inclined to get really good ABDL brands like Bambinos is both because of the prints as well as really high performance. Though you can go with whatever brands you want. You can always try a sample pack and see for yourself if it's something you like and want to get a full pack of.

While not much of a DL as I used to be, the other cosmetics are what sells them for me. While I don't really care much for superior absorbancy (as long as it can hold a single good wetting I'm fine,) its the cushiness and crinkliness that I adore. Adorable prints are also a large plus.
When I wear them, I want it to be obvious of what I'm wearing c:

What a great question! The reason I switched was simply the feel of the abdl diapers. The abdl diapers tend to be thicker , plastic backed, and softer than medical diapers to me! The best feeling diapers are bambinoes and rearz for my money . I am DL and not really ab other than enjoying prints on my diaper ! Plain white diapers are also good, I just don't care for medical printing or wetness indicators!

I like both medical and ABDL diapers. The one that has the best protection. My favorite is thickness and the frontal tape landing zone. I also like light blue diapers too.

Having reviewed quite a few diapers at this point, I wouldn't say ABDL diapers are substantially better functionally than high-end medical diapers. Abena M4s, Dry 24/7s, and some others go toe-to-toe with nearly all ABDL diapers on capacity and features.

There are a few ABDL diapers that really push capacity - Bambino Bellissimo, Snuggies Overnight, Rearz - but they're (A) only marginally ahead at most of M4s during practical use, and (B) haven't yet solved the engineering problem of keeping tapes reliably stuck as diapers expand massively.

If you like medical diapers, there isn't a compelling reason to spend more for ABDL diapers.

Thanks for the great feedback.
I think I am going to stick with the medical diapers. I actually like the atn and wellness the most right now. I can wet and change in several hours without the diaper getting too bulky. I also like the soggy feeling because I know I will need to change soon. There are also not that expensive which is an added bonus

I think that it is like you said you are a DL and you're not interested in prints. I am also and AB so I like prints and such on my diapers and to me this alone is why they are worth the extra expense. But oddly enough my favorite diapers are Abena M4 because the fit me the best. If you don't like them don't get them it all comes down to your own personal preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back