Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: College not leaving any time for Adisc

  1. #1

    Default College not leaving any time for Adisc

    I just started college last week, and obviously there has been a LOT of homework. Lots and lots of writing in particular which can be very time consuming and very mentally depleting (and fun at times as I enjoy writing). But this brings me to my issue; I immediately noticed that once I started going to classes and studying on a regular basis, as well as trying to fit in time for relaxation, socializing, and hobbies, I've noticed my time on this site has taken a nose dive.

    I've tried to get on here a few times over the last week but I just have the mental energy to read and make quality posts, not to mention my interest in my little side has also gone down tremendously. It's really bumming me out because I love posting here and I really love enriching my little side. It also just really bothers me when I go awhile without being active on here for whatever reason. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit since it's only been a week, but the change has been very noticeable.

    Are there any other college students here experience this? Or can anyone relate at all? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by theQman View Post
    I just started college last week, and obviously there has been a LOT of homework. Lots and lots of writing in particular which can be very time consuming and very mentally depleting (and fun at times as I enjoy writing). But this brings me to my issue; I immediately noticed that once I started going to classes and studying on a regular basis, as well as trying to fit in time for relaxation, socializing, and hobbies, I've noticed my time on this site has taken a nose dive.

    I've tried to get on here a few times over the last week but I just have the mental energy to read and make quality posts, not to mention my interest in my little side has also gone down tremendously. It's really bumming me out because I love posting here and I really love enriching my little side. It also just really bothers me when I go awhile without being active on here for whatever reason. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit since it's only been a week, but the change has been very noticeable.

    Are there any other college students here experience this? Or can anyone relate at all? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    I had to take 9 college classes a few years ago when I changed jobs and the time required was very demanding. College/university studies are extremely demanding. The first time through college for me was as a music student. Not only did I have a full load of academic classes, but I had to practice my major instrument 4 hours a day, be in choir as I was the head bass for Symphonic Choir, a choir which sang at Philharmonic Hall, NYC as well as Carnegie Hall. The time demanded was insane.

    Your success in college will affect your entire life, so don't feel guilty about not always being able to come on to this site. Take care of your essential needs first. There will be opportunities that will open, and adisc will be all the more enjoyable. The same thing with wearing diapers.

    College/university is such a great experience and you will remember it for the rest of your life. Just last night, I dreamed I was back in college, 18 again, and walking down the streets of Princeton with my friends. College makes such a lasting impression that it really shapes your future life and who you will become. Go for it and never look back. I've really enjoyed you on this site, so I'm saying this as a friend, and someone who's old enough to be your grandfather so I have this paternal fondness for you. Take advantage of all these great college experiences. We'll still be here remembering who you are and appreciating you.

  3. #3

    Default

    I can definitely relate (about time, not adisc as I very very rarely post), I'm a sophomore double majoring in Mechanical engineering and Business with a few minors thrown in, so I definitely get the no time thing. However, assuming you're a freshman by how you wrote the tense, you will get used to the schedule and your social time will become your homework time leaving a decent amount of room on the side for whatever you want to do. Also the course work will steadily go down, as most of the time freshman classes are built to weed out the weak the first few months

    College is extremely busy and demanding, but you just gotta find time to destress and do what you gotta do.

  4. #4

    Default

    Higher priority stuff taking away from the time you have available for other interests.. yeah that's pretty much life dude ;p

    I'm not hugely active on this forum, but I can definitely relate to periods of time where my life becomes all about work and all my other interests (not to mention just about every other non-work related aspect of my life) takes a backseat for awhile.

    As to college specifically, I think most people kinda "disappear" for awhile initially where everything is so new. Once you get settled in and adapt to managing your time you'll likely find you can dive back into this stuff. Dunno if it's good advice, but when I was in school a common saying was "c's get degrees". The basic principle was that the people who really tried would burn themselves out and drop out, whereas the people who balanced studying with partying would actually make it to the end.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I had to take 9 college classes a few years ago when I changed jobs and the time required was very demanding. College/university studies are extremely demanding. The first time through college for me was as a music student. Not only did I have a full load of academic classes, but I had to practice my major instrument 4 hours a day, be in choir as I was the head bass for Symphonic Choir, a choir which sang at Philharmonic Hall, NYC as well as Carnegie Hall. The time demanded was insane.

    Your success in college will affect your entire life, so don't feel guilty about not always being able to come on to this site. Take care of your essential needs first. There will be opportunities that will open, and adisc will be all the more enjoyable. The same thing with wearing diapers.

    College/university is such a great experience and you will remember it for the rest of your life. Just last night, I dreamed I was back in college, 18 again, and walking down the streets of Princeton with my friends. College makes such a lasting impression that it really shapes your future life and who you will become. Go for it and never look back. I've really enjoyed you on this site, so I'm saying this as a friend, and someone who's old enough to be your grandfather so I have this paternal fondness for you. Take advantage of all these great college experiences. We'll still be here remembering who you are and appreciating you.
    Wow, thanks so much that's exactly what I needed to hear And regarding the lasting impression, for the first two years I'm only doing community college (my parents and I are broke) so the impression might not last as long as I'm hoping lol. Kind of a bummer considering I did pretty well in high school, but I plan to transfer after I get my associates so whatever. Also, you went to Princeton?! and played at the Philharmonic AND Carnegie Hall?!?!? Good God man that's crazy! The biggest venue I've played at was an Irish pub a mile from my house Anyway, thanks again dogboy, you're a good guy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Vadl98 View Post
    I'm a sophomore double majoring in Mechanical engineering and Business with a few minors thrown in, so I definitely get the no time thing.
    May God have mercy on your soul... suddenly I feel a lot better about my 5 class schedule this semester lmao. But yeah I heard that about Freshmen classes and I really hope that's true for my school.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Higher priority stuff taking away from the time you have available for other interests.. yeah that's pretty much life dude ;p
    Sad but true. Considering I've been a child my whole life up to this point pretty much, it's tough to get used to not constantly having unfathomable amounts of free time almost everyday. Also, I'd be all over the "c's get degrees" thing but I'm trying to get into a particular masters program after I get my bachelors and it requires a minimum 3.0 gpa.

  6. #6

    Default

    It happens. I finished University before I signed up here but I used to post on a few other forums, and noticed I went from pretty active to hardly posting during my first few months of student life - without it being a conscious decision. There's a lot of fun to be had when you're 18 and have new-found freedom! I'm sure everyone at ADISC will just be pleased for you if you're settling in okay and enjoying making the most of the academic and social opportunities you have.

    This is a support site, which means the community is always here if you want to receive some advice or to just chat, but you're not obliged to be on here and nobody will be offended if your visits are more infrequent. Have fun and enjoy the new experiences that come with Uni life.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by theQman View Post
    I just started college last week, and obviously there has been a LOT of homework. Lots and lots of writing in particular which can be very time consuming and very mentally depleting (and fun at times as I enjoy writing). But this brings me to my issue; I immediately noticed that once I started going to classes and studying on a regular basis, as well as trying to fit in time for relaxation, socializing, and hobbies, I've noticed my time on this site has taken a nose dive.

    I've tried to get on here a few times over the last week but I just have the mental energy to read and make quality posts, not to mention my interest in my little side has also gone down tremendously. It's really bumming me out because I love posting here and I really love enriching my little side. It also just really bothers me when I go awhile without being active on here for whatever reason. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit since it's only been a week, but the change has been very noticeable.

    Are there any other college students here experience this? Or can anyone relate at all? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Definitely. My first term (semester) was very intense, I came on the site occasionally, but it was not until I'd settled in, several months down the line that I came back on in a much more committed manner.

  8. #8

    Default

    I know where you're coming from Qman. This is my third year into college. I hadn't been on this sight before but I'm taking 5 classes this year, 19 credits total. First time attempting that many. Anyway, it's been pretty tricky for me to get on here too as those homework assignments just come across your mind all the time, and having to do them too, ya know? I'm not sure if this is your first year in college or not, but after awhile you might see some patterns in your classes. How much work they give, how easy is there work, etc. Though finishing school work is a priority, you might be able to find some time if you want to come back onto the site. I'm taking advantage of the labor day weekend. Got some work out of the way but came back on to see what I've missed since I've been away.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by theQman View Post
    I've tried to get on here a few times over the last week but I just have the mental energy to read and make quality posts, not to mention my interest in my little side has also gone down tremendously. It's really bumming me out because I love posting here and I really love enriching my little side. It also just really bothers me when I go awhile without being active on here for whatever reason. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit since it's only been a week, but the change has been very noticeable.

    Are there any other college students here experience this? Or can anyone relate at all? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    I can perhaps relate. I was really deeply attached to World of Warcraft (online PC mmo game) back in 2008 and 2009. But, then I got a job offer and the hours of the position overlapped right with when I was typically participating with my guild in 25 player content, called raiding. Now, there was no question. I take the job, it pays money. WoW does not. But, it was devastating to not to be able to participate and play with my friends. But clearly working a position and building my career is much much more important. That said, the loss was difficult on me. I dearly wanted to play and play with my friends. As i'm sure you want to read and converse with people here. But, similar to my situation, I would say, focus on your college work because that's way more important.

    There isn't much I can't say that dogboy hasn't already mentioned. But, know that you can speak to your university about stress and that they have programs and professionals and psychologist that you can speak too, if you need too. So if you have something you feel you need to talk to someone about or just are stressed out and need help. They have people that can help.

    Also, know that this displacement is only temporary. I'm sure that either you'll get better at managing your time or handling your classes or maybe your schedule will change. It's not like you'll never be able to come back here Even if your classes are entirely life consuming, you'll graduate!

Similar Threads

  1. Leaving to college?
    By Butterscotch in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-Aug-2015, 01:58
  2. Leaving to college
    By Butterscotch in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-Aug-2014, 05:31
  3. Will be leaving Adisc for a while
    By TKing1391 in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-Mar-2012, 03:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.