• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

userxxxx9abdl

Contributor
not a lurker. just had to wait to get a new computer. not much about myself except a dl

userxxxx9abdl said:
not a lurker. just had to wait to get a new computer. not much about myself except a dl

Hello and welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy being here. So what kind of computer did you get? I've got a Dell desktop, Window's 8 and a Lenova Window's 8 laptop that are my go to computers. I'm on the laptop now.

I'm not the OP, but this is a topic I like, so I'll tell you min :).

I'm currently using a MacBook Air my company provides me. My other go-to computer is an HP. It shipped with Win8, but I've already upgraded to win10. I have my pc on my left, my mac on my right, and a 27 in monitor between them. I extend the desktop of the mac on the external monitor, but I use a tool called Synergy so I can share my keyboard and mouse between the two computers, so if I want to start using the PC, I just move the mouse over onto the PC display and then the keyboard and mouse control the PC. It's a pretty cool setup, except that I have to keep my win vs mac keyboard shortcuts straight. (On the mac, I have to use CMD + C and on the PC I have to use CTRL + C. It's even more confusing when I copy from one machine and paste on the other.)

Back to the OP, what are some of your hobbies and interests? Do you like movies, music, or books? What genres? Glad to have you with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back