Would you discuss ABDL in the public eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
caitianx said:
"Derek", on of the AB's profiled on "The 15 Stone Babies" has had some negative consequences from going public.
He has been assaulted by neighbors.

I would be apprehensive of going on-camera regarding being an Adult Baby.

Really? What happened? Where did you hear it? I'd bloody kill the bastard who assaulted him if I was in the area :)

Note said:
Really, can't say I blame them, considering what ABDL is associated too. And as long as there are those that openly admit to ABDL being a sexual thing, we'll always have problems with "coming out" regardless...

I just wish some wouldn't treat their ABDL like it's some sort of sexal orientation, couse I'm betting that's far for the truth.

Can't blame them? Who the hell do you think you are Note? Oh, AB/DL sometimes has negative connotations associated with it, so that makes it fine to go assaulting people does it? That makes it justified does it?

Note said:
What I meant by that, Milko, is I don't blame them on their part out of ignorance. People like that are usually irrational to start off with and would rather take something at face value instead of researching it to gain a broader perspective on the culture in general. There will always be people like that so we always have to keep in mind the repercussions of coming out.

And I'd appreciate you get that chip off your shoulder, bud, it will do you no favors with me...

I'm sorry Note but some of the things you say.. I dunno :)

Note said:
Oh believe me, I do only want whats best for this culture, even if I'm not sure what is best at the time. I just tend to look at matters more from a mainstream perspective than some others do, sometimes. That usually tends to upset some.

Not everything you say is right though :) even if your intentions are good

Note said:
My views and opinions have changed quite a lot, some dramatically over the years, it will happen to you too. What may seem out of place now may seem perfectly logical down the track.

mm we'll see..

Note said:
That's really a matter of perspective. My views and opinions have changed quite a lot, some dramatically over the years, it will happen to you too. What may seem out of place now may seem perfectly logical down the track.

Time is a funny thing dude try not to read to much into what others say.

There is no excusing people committing assault and murder. You can stop dancing around the issue and say that people will think an ABDL is a pedophile, but even if there actually was a pedophile living in an area who actually planned to assault a child, the correct course of action would be to call the police. Going and assaulting someone as a private citizen is wrong and mob justice or intimidation is wrong. A person who has come out as ABDL in a public way may or may not upset people, but if they're attacking that ABDL or destroying that ABDL's property, they're in the wrong.

I don't care if you're young or old, normal or kinky, or anything else, attacking people because you don't like them is wrong.

archieroni said:
there is no excusing people committing assault and murder. You can stop dancing around the issue and say that people will think an abdl is a pedophile, but even if there actually was a pedophile living in an area who actually planned to assault a child, the correct course of action would be to call the police. Going and assaulting someone as a private citizen is wrong and mob justice or intimidation is wrong. A person who has come out as abdl in a public way may or may not upset people, but if they're attacking that abdl or destroying that abdl's property, they're in the wrong.

I don't care if you're young or old, normal or kinky, or anything else, attacking people because you don't like them is wrong.

yes!! :)

no I don't think so, I'm not much for the spot light. :sweatdrop:

Note said:
I agree with that. I was merely pointing out that people naturally fear what they don't understand, that's human nature. Doesn't mean what they did was right but is not surprising at the same time, but I do pity the attackers greatly. That's really what I was getting at...
Ignorance has been the down fall of human kind since the dawn of time...wars have been fought over stupid things history shows that time and time again...on going public though wether you're an ab or dl can cause issues as stated before even among close friends and family...while I do not agree with sexual side of ab/dl I will not cause strife or condone it as it is not my place to judge those who do...we as a society need to learn and accept our differences...as a dl it is comforting for me to wear and wet it as nothing to do with sexual desires but it is not my place to judge those who have those desires...we are a community we should stand united regardless of race, sex, orientation, religion, or nationality...the public should be educated but it should not be shoved down their throats if we have to let's educate one at a time and take it one step at a time...

If by in public eye, I have to go on some TV Show, and discuss my ABDL side as myself so that an audience can gawk, act horrified, and spread rumors, then absolutely not. Under no circumstances. At most, I might answer a couple questions about ABDL for an article on the topic if I was allowed to remain anonymous and I trusted the people who were writing the article. But anything that would require me to out myself, forget it.

It would depend on why I was entering the public eye and who was asking the questions. Seeking out a TV show to make an appearance as an ABDL or a documentary on ABDLs would not seem right for me. Being in the public eye for another reason and answering a few questions on this topic among others would seem reasonable.

ArchieRoni said:
There is no excusing people committing assault and murder. You can stop dancing around the issue and say that people will think an ABDL is a pedophile, but even if there actually was a pedophile living in an area who actually planned to assault a child, the correct course of action would be to call the police. Going and assaulting someone as a private citizen is wrong and mob justice or intimidation is wrong. A person who has come out as ABDL in a public way may or may not upset people, but if they're attacking that ABDL or destroying that ABDL's property, they're in the wrong.

Yes, cops where're ? Always (or mostly) comming late. If it's necessary, I've defend my interests/life by myself, after that I can think wtf with cops. But is true atack another for his private stuff is wrong. But if I see some kind of child molester acting, I call the cops, but I can't stay with crossed hands before to be late for everything. Time is going sometimes very fast.

If I see knife in hand of someone asking my for my cash etc., so not calling cops first, if not acting in defense (breaking hand with a knife...)

No. Definitely No.

Let me tell you a story that happened 2 years ago.
I was a brony and a very active one for meet-ups/conventions, not the most loud among our community but really active in term of events organization. During one of those convention, we had this team with press accreditation, they seemed terribly interested and they were looking for a lot of people to interview.
I was part of the interviewees. We talked about merchandising, hasbro slow but steady involvement with the brony community, the acknowledgement of the bronies by Studio B, the development of fan-made convention, the growth of the fandom, the huge link between brony events and charities, how my family/friends/colleagues view my "bronyness" (spoiler alert : they never cared), etc.

The 15-minutes documentary (still available online) they produced talked during 2min of the time about what are bronies and our convention, then they talked about sex... only sex and yiffing/clopping and how people masturbate on pony images and those who don't find that perfectly normal but still accept because love and tolerance..
That was disappointed to say the least. Their objective was simple, they just wanted to create a buzz. It failed, the video only has around 13K views after 2 years. It was one of their early podcast and it's not that popular. But it could have been worse.

The thing is, my face is shown in this documentary as are the faces of a lot of people I know and we are associated with a doc that only show bronies as perverts. Adults who corrupts a children cartoon for their own sexual desires...

But when they were in the convention, they acted like really open-minded people, they seemed interested in everything, they talked to some people involved in the show and active members of the fandom (like really well known people). They didn't show any of this, only the sex part..

----

So when I see how some people reacted for something as harmless as the bronies, I have a hard time imagining journalists doing a fair treatment of ABDLs =)

Oh and to clarify. That wasn't the first time I talked to journalists about bronies. I always had positive experiences in the past. But you only need one bad review to ruin the image of a community.

Last edited:
I don't really think I would, because of what happened with my brother and the way people treat others like that, Because the way I see things, there are a lot of good people out there, but there are a lot of bad people who work for the media, who would misconstrued everything, and could call me any number of names, from pedophile, to any number of things and something tells me it will get misconstrued considering I sometimes don't think before I speak or do a lot of times, therefore I overall don't think I would do it.

- - - Updated - - -

koda42 said:
No. Definitely No.

Let me tell you a story that happened 2 years ago.
I was a brony and a very active one for meet-ups/conventions, not the most loud among our community but really active in term of events organization. During one of those convention, we had this team with press accreditation, they seemed terribly interested and they were looking for a lot of people to interview.
I was part of the interviewees. We talked about merchandising, hasbro slow but steady involvement with the brony community, the acknowledgement of the bronies by Studio B, the development of fan-made convention, the growth of the fandom, the huge link between brony events and charities, how my family/friends/colleagues view my "bronyness" (spoiler alert : they never cared), etc.

The 15-minutes documentary (still available online) they produced talked during 2min of the time about what are bronies and our convention, then they talked about sex... only sex and yiffing/clopping and how people masturbate on pony images and those who don't find that perfectly normal because love and tolerance..
That was disappointed to say the least. Their objective was simple, they just wanted to create a buzz. It failed, the video only has around 13K views after 2 years. It was one of their early podcast and it's not that popular. But it could have been worse.

The thing is, my face is shown in this documentary as are the faces of a lot of people I know and we are associated with a doc that only show bronies as perverts. Adults who corrupts a children cartoon for their own sexual desires...

But when they were in the convention, they acted like really open-minded people, they seemed interested in everything, they talked to some people involved in the show and active members of the fandom (like really well known people). They didn't show any of this, only the sex part..

----

So when I see how some people reacted for something as harmless as the bronies, I have a hard time imagining journalists doing a fair treatment of ABDLs =)

Oh and to clarify. That wasn't the first time I talked to journalists about bronies. I always had positive experiences in the past. But you only need one bad review to ruin the image of a community.
Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back