Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you discuss ABDL in the public eye?

Default Would you discuss ABDL in the public eye?

I was a bit bored the other night and ended up rewatching the Dr. Phil episode where he had Baby Brett on, just because I thought it might be interesting to take another look at how the host and the media treated ABDL as an issue. It was a bit patronising, but the guy actually came across really well & showed that you can balance AB desires with functioning as an adult. Anyway, it got me to thinking...

If someone you knew said that they thought you'd be a good representative for our community, to discuss your experiences openly and reveal your identity, on TV, in a major publication or somewhere prominent online, would you do it? Do you think that right now, the benefits of sharing that experience, and the world better understanding ABDL would outweigh the possible repercussions of 'coming out' as an AB/Little, or do you feel that the public's stigma about who we are and what we do is still too strong to risk unmasking yourself?

I think if I knew I was going to appear on a serious, responsible platform and not have my words or views twisted, I would go public about ABDL to share my story. However, I would never agree to anything which I felt sensationalised or embellished my desires and experiences, or was set-up to portray ABDL as something weird, to be gawked at. How about fellow ADISCers?

I would not ever go there. I might to be willing to support somebody that does do this in a sort of behind the scenes sort of way.

If ABDL were the type of thing that you needed to come out about, I would, and even then I wouldn't generalize an entire culture but where I fit into it specifically and what it means to me personally, nothing more. Other than that I really don't see the point to publicize such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I would never agree to anything which I felt sensationalised or embellished my desires and experiences, or was set-up to portray ABDL as something weird, to be gawked at.
    That pretty much sums up what just about every TV station and newspaper does. I don't think I would, plus I would probably say something that the other AB/DL's don't like and then they'll get into the whole "you make us look bad" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Milko View Post
    That pretty much sums up what just about every TV station and newspaper does. I don't think I would, plus I would probably say something that the other AB/DL's don't like and then they'll get into the whole "you make us look bad" crap.
    Most TV stations will report on any alternative lifestyle in that way, but there has been the odd piece of responsible TV about ABDL. Channel 4 in the UK did a documentary titled The 15-Stone Babies a little while back, and that was actually pretty fair and non-judgmental. Obviously they picked interviewees who wanted to be ABDL full-time because that's more interesting to the average viewer than someone who works 9-5, enjoys their adult life and has a little side or diaper fetish which needs indulging every now and again.

You make a good point about the community as a whole though - it would be a big pressure to be 'our representative' as it were, and as people within our community have very varied views about ABDL, you'd be unlikely to please everyone.

I wouldn't discuss it in the public eye because it's a Sexual Fetish. I don't feel the need to tell the world I like to pretend I'm a child.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    I wouldn't discuss it in the public eye because it's a Sexual Fetish. I don't feel the need to tell the world I like to pretend I'm a child.
    For you, maybe - but for many Littles there's absolutely nothing sexual about it. I do agree though that if you experience ABDL as a primarily sexual phenomenon, then it makes little sense to discuss it in public. I wouldn't turn up on TV to discuss any of my sexual kinks. However for those of us who feel like ABDL is a lifestyle, and especially the minority who feel like a little trapped in an adult's body, then I think there's more reason to be open as it's an integral part of your psychological makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Most TV stations will report on any alternative lifestyle in that way, but there has been the odd piece of responsible TV about ABDL. Channel 4 in the UK did a documentary titled The 15-Stone Babies a little while back, and that was actually pretty fair and non-judgmental. Obviously they picked interviewees who wanted to be ABDL full-time because that's more interesting to the average viewer than someone who works 9-5, enjoys their adult life and has a little side or diaper fetish which needs indulging every now and again.

You make a good point about the community as a whole though - it would be a big pressure to be 'our representative' as it were, and as people within our community have very varied views about ABDL, you'd be unlikely to please everyone.
    Oh yeah, that Channel 4 programme was great. It's a pity they didn't do it on BBC1 or 2 then more people would see it. Though I suppose channel 4 is known for doing random stuff like this so it would be more down their alley.

First, coming out into public hasn't any social benefits. Mostly you´ll find later comments "What kind of asshole" or "fucked stinky," guess the worst is when call us as "pedos." And for more, a lot of members of this strange ABDL club have (yes, it's true) some mental issues, which's giving (and never quiting) second (but not less harder) stigma of "all of those are stinky fools."

For second, now because my particular motives - I´m a few public person with some fame and there´s why I wanna not destroy that. Fame doesn´t give me cash or food, but it provides me some work, so because this, I don´t thing ever to come out into public.

Conclusions ? - We´ve to admit existence of another (without discuss if it's or not ignorance etc.) opinions about. Is true those opinions are mostly negatives and/or hostiles, so we´ve to be conscients about that. And - of course - taking precautions because of it.
    Last edited by CrazySmoker; 29-Aug-2015 at 13:15.