Thread: Good news and bad news....

Question Good news and bad news....

Hello Me again, like the thread says I have good news and bad news on several fronts. The good news is that so far I'm doing well in my classes Thanks to me praying, and the advice form my grandma and you guys. and lets be honest I'm not letting my fantasies effect my life, and like a previous thread said, I ordered a Thomas the tank engine Megazord and a Neko ears set. Now the bad news, My brother has been pretty evil as of late, and saying hurtful things, like the R-word, calling me a monkey because of my disability, saying awful things about a church friend, that has disabilities too, that we drive around to his appointments, and wanting to change his name to Akuma's special in street fighter, called the Shun Goku Satsu, (look it up what It means in English, I'm not telling you.) and also saying that he is pure evil, WHICH IS NOT TRUE, NO ONE IS PURE EVIL AND.... sorry about that I just had to vent. and also he has skipped one class and, and he broke his hand trying to hurt the car we are borrowing for my uncle. My mind is kind of conflicted on this one, I don't really know what to do at this rate, and this really makes me want to be little more and more, even if it is a temporary escape, also he really seems to be pushing my buttons more and more, and my grandmothers too, and trying to push away anyone who comes in contact with us, but one thing I will do I will not let this effect this semester, and how I do, but I just get so sad and scared and afraid, and my grandmother doesn't because he dealed with other bipolar people before and I really just don't know what to do in this regard.

I'm not sure there much you can do about your brothers behaviour, he owns that. But perhaps he is hurting over something and just gets his release on those close to him. Pretty typical behaviour. You have to be strong and not take his insults personally. Also, perhaps by giving him healthy positive attention, he might stat to settle. Is there someone who can help him with his issues?

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    I'm not sure there much you can do about your brothers behaviour, he owns that. But perhaps he is hurting over something and just gets his release on those close to him. Pretty typical behaviour. You have to be strong and not take his insults personally. Also, perhaps by giving him healthy positive attention, he might stat to settle. Is there someone who can help him with his issues?
    Just the past, I'm not really sure If I told you this, but my brother and I were abused when we were younger, my dad was in the military when we were growing up, and my biological mother was abusive when we were babies, not really going into that but according to my grandmother, If she hadn't have left when she did, we would be dead, then things went well when we went with my father to live with him, then my stepmother showed up and started out nice, then when we started living tougher she said the R-word for the first time to me, also they tended to fight when we were younger, and I gave them something from the school, It did not work well, she also forced us to write sentences and take away our cartoons and superhero stuff, because we were doing it too much, still my brother left first and then sometime after I left, because I wouldn't write a lot of sentences, (a pretty common punishment for her.) and went to a behavior help hospital, before my grandmother adopted us. (not really sure how to describe it.) Between then and now, my dad and mom abandoned us, And my brother has been in several group homes, (again not really sure how to describe it.)
    and in one of them, allegedly one of the residents did something which I really don't want to talk about to gambit, Still somewhere along the line, my brother has sworn revenge on my mother. Still I decided to block all of that out, and move on with my life, because I want to create a better future for myself and my family, or soon to be family, which is why I am going to college, and getting on this site to talk to you and others, oh and we tried with my brother, but we cant get him to get over this, we have tried councilor's, and even the pastor of our church, medication, prayer, nothing seems to work because just doesn't seem to want help and refuses help, because of how he treats us, and even when he does he always turns it into a pity party, or talks about Yugioh, YGOTAS, DBZ, his games or internet obsessions and it feels like he wants pity from everyone he meets and its just saddening to me.

It's very sad what you and your brother have had to put up with. You should be proud of the strong person you are. As for your brother, obviously he his going to take a very long time to come to terms with this stuff. Hopefully he does find happiness. Unfortunately, you're always going to feel his pain because you can relate to it. Also, especially while you live with him, he's likely to dump some of his hurt and frustration on you. Probably nothing against you, just what people do.

Keep being strong, embrace those things that bring you comfort, but don't let them rule your life. Being little and whatever other fun stuff you add to that is fine, but you must keep it in check or it may interfere with your other big goals, and they are really worth chasing. Your success will ultimately reward you with the happiness you so rightly deserve.

Big hugs

As I see it, you are doing quite well and it's your brother that seems to have the problems. Try to ignore his rage and at the same time, try to be supportive of him. It might shock him into treating you better.

Seems like your brother has a lot of issues.
    Anyway, you need to look after yourself to keep from getting engulfed by the chaos he is causing.