How do you feel about the current predicament with small adult diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kratox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I've been looking around for another diaper to replace the abena s4 plastic back ones since they've been discontinued and I have found nothing that even compares to that diaper in comfort.

Question:
I just wanted to know how other small waisted people feel with our limited selection right now. I also wanted to know what diapers small waisted people wear right now also. I wanted to see if their were any I missed.

(Everything below this is just a chart to show you what I have tried)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I have tried: (I only put this here so people can see where I am at)

Ones I currently wear
---------------------------
Dry 24/7 -(diaper wraps around waist without tapes touching but diaper feels more like the padding is a small/medium and not as comfortable cause padding is to stiff, Also can not walk in these)
Molicare - (only absorbs 16 oz)
Atns - (absorbs 24 but really is not a premium diaper fit is off also)

To big
Abena m4 plastic- (Diaper to long and big)
Abena m4 premium- (Diaper to long and big)
Snuggies*Mediums* - (To big)
All bambino Diapers - (To big not suitable for walking around in)
NorthShore AirSupreme Briefs*Medium* - (To big can't get snug fit)
Wellness Breifs *Mediums* - (Diaper again to big)
Wellness Breifs Superio *Mediums* - (Diaper swells awesomely but to big )
BKN Nappies*Mediums* - (Diaper has bad tapes, Actually doesn't fit to bad but is still on the big side, but diaper to large for walking around)
NorthShore Supreme Briefs*Mediums* - (Diaper way to big)
Seni SuperPlus *Medium* - (Diaper to Big fit)
Absorbency Plus*medium* - (To big)
Seni SuperPlus *Regular* - (Waaaaayy to big)

Other issues
NorthShore AirSupreme Briefs*Youth* - (Didn't like fit)
NorthShore AirSupreme Briefs*Small* - (Diaper not comfortable and stretches over time)
Molicare Premium Soft Super Briefs *Small* - (Diaper has HORRID Cloth TEXTURE Also I don';t like how it doesn't cover all of your booty)
Tranquility SmartCore Breathable Briefs*Small* - (Actually the only cloth diaper I enjoyed but absorbency is only meant for daytime use)
Abena premium s4*small* - (HORRIBLE DIAPER anyone who says this is good is lying. Diaper stretches horribly, wicks liquids through the thing before its full, and odor control is bad)
Tena slip maxi plastic *Small* - (Discontinued so need permanent solution)
Seni SuperPlus *small* - (Diaper fits badly)
Pampers size 7 - (Not absorbent enough)
Goodnites*All sizes* - (Not absorbent enough and i really prefer diapers)
One of the Prevail diapers *Small* - (was not comfortable)
One of the Attends diapers *Small* - (was not comfortable and had low absorbency)
Abuniverise diapers *Small* - (Diaper absorbs like .5 oz anyone that tells you otherwise is lying)
All the diapers from HDIS *Small/Youth* - (Really ewww diapers)

What I Don't want:
*I don't hate cloth but every cloth diaper on the market sucks right now
* I shouldn't have to re-tape a diaper on over and over again just because the cloth stretches
* Yes I have tried taping around my stomach instead of my waist but this still causes sagging
*I Tried rolling the end of the diaper to try and get a better fit but tapes overlap

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ps: This is exactly why I started up a petition for small diapers back when abena was discontinued I knew this was gonna happen. Small people are a step away from pretty much being kicked out of the market and from what i have read it seems like most have given up and just buy overly sized diapers. That doesn't help though because that increase the sales on only their medium diapers instead of the actually putting the time ad research to create better and more small diapers.

I have the same issues. What's your waist size? I am somewhere between 27"-28" and wear the Molicare smalls. They will only hold 1 large wetting before "gambling". I have found that the mediums will fit if I leave the front wings folded forward. I only stay with the small because it feels more snug and feels like it's less likely to leak. Probably mostly in my head because the mediums haven't leaked on me before.

arcituthis said:
I have the same issues. What's your waist size? I am somewhere between 27"-28" and wear the Molicare smalls. They will only hold 1 large wetting before "gambling". I have found that the mediums will fit if I leave the front wings folded forward. I only stay with the small because it feels more snug and feels like it's less likely to leak. Probably mostly in my head because the mediums haven't leaked on me before.

I have a 27" waist.

You can't even find small sized adult diapers in my city at least and if you find size small by a miracle or something they're bad quality or generic, practically giving up in ABDL diapers too, wish I had more choices :(

I order most of mine online, but I can't try any of the special ab diapers. We get heavily ignored sadly due to the lack of people in our size.

26" waist here. Right now, I usually settle with small Molicares. I used to complain about how AB specific diapers don't come in small, but lately, I've been digging wearing medium size diapers; makes me feel a bit babyish feeling a bigger diaper around me.

Over the counters, doubled up. Slash the padding slightly of the first diaper. Tape it on, an put on a second. A little poofy but alot more absorbant. Plus you can get liners for almost any size!

abu now carries small sizes. From my limited experience with their products, you'll want to add a booster for more capacity. Goodnites TruFit inserts are a great option.
slider-10.jpg

kratox said:
What I Don't want:
*I don't hate cloth but every cloth diaper on the market sucks right now[/I]

Have you tried flat and/or prefold cloth diapers? They can be folded to fit any size.

Hence why I haven't bought any "Adult diapers". I have a 24-25" waist and 32" hips .... way too tiny for any mediums and I have heard most of the smalls don't work very well. Trufit goodnights = perfect, except for the times I want a real diaper that tapes up!

ClandestineWing said:
26" waist here. Right now, I usually settle with small Molicares. I used to complain about how AB specific diapers don't come in small, but lately, I've been digging wearing medium size diapers; makes me feel a bit babyish feeling a bigger diaper around me.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have been wearing molicares recently too. I sorta am highly reluctant on buying mediums. Simply because all it does is boost the price and demand on mediums and lowers smalls. This in turn shows companies false results and ends up hurting small people even more. It basically shows them that smalls are selling as well and they end up not having any drive to fix them. I am not saying you shouldn't get what works for you but I think we all as a community should be emailing them and requesting better products so they at least know that is the reason smalls aren't selling well.

Nanaja said:
Over the counters, doubled up. Slash the padding slightly of the first diaper. Tape it on, an put on a second. A little poofy but alot more absorbant. Plus you can get liners for almost any size!

Thank you for your options but that actually ends up wasting more money. So instead of me paying my cheap price for small diapers like I am supposed too, I end up spending twice the price. Plus doing things like that won't tell the companies that they need to improve small diapers. It only shows them that we are willing to do other things to get a working product, when it should be on their end to create a well made product. That be like bambinos making a abdl diaper without any prints and then telling me to put my own tape designs on them. That makes no sense, they are a abdl company and their supposed to be selling a product that satisfies their customers.

babybobby said:
abu now carries small sizes. From my limited experience with their products, you'll want to add a booster for more capacity. Goodnites TruFit inserts are a great option.
slider-10.jpg

Thanks but I am not gonna do that. I refuse to by a inferior product only for me to have to put more time and money in it just to get something out of it.

That is like me buying a car without a engine or transmission.

WBxx said:
Have you tried flat and/or prefold cloth diapers? They can be folded to fit any size.

Thank you for you input but I have tried cloth and I do not like it. Plus I couldn't do it on a constant basis even if I wanted to.

Sounds like some people need to harass xpmedical to make their A+ line in a small.

kratox said:
Ones I currently wear
Dry 24/7 -(diaper wraps around waist without tapes touching but diaper feels more like the padding is a small/medium and not as comfortable cause padding is to stiff, Also can not walk in these)
Molicare - (only absorbs 16 oz)
Atns - (absorbs 24 but really is not a premium diaper fit is off also)

To big
Abena m4 plastic- (Diaper to long and big)
Abena m4 premium- (Diaper to long and big)
Snuggies*Mediums* - (To big)
All bambino Diapers - (To big not suitable for walking around in)
NorthShore AirSupreme Briefs*Medium* - (To big can't get snug fit)
Wellness Breifs *Mediums* - (Diaper again to big)
Wellness Breifs Superio *Mediums* - (Diaper swells awesomely but to big )
BKN Nappies*Mediums* - (Diaper has bad tapes, Actually doesn't fit to bad but is still on the big side, but diaper to large for walking around)
NorthShore Supreme Briefs*Mediums* - (Diaper way to big)
Seni SuperPlus *Medium* - (Diaper to Big fit)
Absorbency Plus*medium* - (To big)
Seni SuperPlus *Regular* - (Waaaaayy to big)

This is me, except I tried a lot fewer mediums. When a diaper doesn't comes in small, it's not worth trying at the 26-28 inch range. When I imagine the perfect diaper, it's a Molicare with more absorbancy.

I totaly get where you are coming from although I'm a little bigger at 30". Most smalls are too small and most mediums, while I fit are a a little bigger than I would like, some mediums are just too big. There are a few exceptions like Wellness that run small and Dry 24/7 which run big. Both fit me perfectly as do the smalls in other brands that fit up to 34" or 36" hips and mediums that start around 28". Most mediums that start at 32" or 34" are too big. While I can make just about any small fit by "pre-stretching," my biggest complaint about small adult diapers is that they hold significantly less liquid than their medium counterparts but the difference between medium and large diaper absorbency is relatively small.

Abena S4 does hold a lot less than the M4, but still had decent capacity, so did Bambino when they sold diapers in size small. (I still have a few packs)

I'm trying to think what I have used in the past that might still be available. Tens Slip Maxi small, while not as absorbent is getting harder and more expensive to find. Not a good long term option but stock up if you can.

I recently tried Molicare Comfort Super in medium which has a plastic shell and cloth sides. They are pretty decent, have a similar absorbency to Tens Slip Maxi and are available in small.

Seni Super comes in small, but I couldn't find the super plus in small and I have not tried them.

Story to say right now I don't see a lot of options. What might be an option for you ( I have done it and works pretty well,) is search eBay for some real bargains on small plastic backed diapers. Make spending limit of $0.30 to $0.45 per diaper shipped. Most of theise cheap diapers can be stuffed quite easily with a size 5 or 6 baby diaper by opening the back of the diaper ( like a bag of potato chips) and sliding in a deconstructed baby diaper ( rip the tapes and elastics along with the tabs off. You can even remove the "cloth like" cover to show the print better.). Some where on this site there should be a tutorial. I know there are some on YouTube and Vimo. A good stuffer is Walgreens brand baby diapers. The size six core absorbs 2 liters with a real world capacity of .5 to 1 liter. This will give premium absorbency at a bargain price.

Finding the right disposable diaper is brutal. Glad I chose reusables, the trips to the Laundromat can be bothersome but hell of a lot better than trying to explain my bedwetting debacle to my folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back